Favorite city outside of your own?

Seriously, Im dedicating every once of my being to moving to Miami within the next 2 years.
Visited Miami last December and did the whole VIP @ Liv, Cabana @ Fountain Bleu Pool, strip club, Dolphins game, etc. Great time. I could never live there though. Humidity is 
sick.gif

I'm surprised so many people are saying Vegas. I live her and like it but everyone I meet says they hate it and are planning to move

Vegas is only one of the best cities in the world for 2-3 days once or twice a year.

I'm surprised so many people are saying Vegas. I live her and like it but everyone I meet says they hate it and are planning to move

I agree. No way people can think of living there after being there for like 3 days. Only way to truly live there is if you have tons of money and are single. My ex-roommate lived there and she had 3 kids and is married and said she hated Vegas.

Chicago
Sf
Seattle
Portland

I want to move to the pacific northwest when I'm retired.

From Toronto. Been to couple major cities stateside: nyc, sf, miami etc..

With that being said, Montreal. hands down.

Sac, and the surrounding areas are very very cheap. For about 350-400k you can get a nice 4 bedroom 3 bath house in a nice area. I live in the peninsula and it is expensive but not as expensive as the city or some parts of San Jose.
Hows the drive from Sac to San Francisco?

I'm from LA. I always wanted to move up to the Bay but cost of living is just too high. Turned down a couple job offers in Marina, Redwood City and Menlo Park because the pay increase wouldn't be sufficient.

Like others have said it takes about an hour and a half to two. Depends on traffic and if you're going 80+ the entire way or not which is what I tend to do lol.

Did you look into places at Fremont or Milpitas? They're a bit cheaper than San Jose/Mountain View but if the pay would suffice then it would be worth the commute. It's expensive in those areas because of silicon valley and all the tech jobs that are there but I'm sure you already knew that.

Like others have said it takes about an hour and a half to two. Depends on traffic and if you're going 80+ the entire way or not which is what I tend to do lol.

Did you look into places at Fremont or Milpitas? They're a bit cheaper than San Jose/Mountain View but if the pay would suffice then it would be worth the commute. It's expensive in those areas because of silicon valley and all the tech jobs that are there but I'm sure you already knew that.
Indeed. One of the firms was Facebook. Even with ~$20k increase it wasn't enough to entice me after I saw the apartment prices. They were being pushy as well so I passed easily.

I used a couple of apps and websites and looked at respectable places near the organizations. I don't recall all the cities. I just recall the prices :lol:

How's Emeryville? Pixar is calling my name.

Last edited:
How's Emeryville? Pixar is calling my name.

It's a tad cheaper but cheaper meaning a 1 bedroom is like $2500-3000 as apposed to $4k. You'd at least be paying well over $2k though.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/eby/apa?nh=112&sale_date=-

To give people some sort of perspective of what I live in. My place is a tad big bigger than this and this is in Emeryville for about $875. I pay a $1000 but it's worth $1800 right now and this is in an old building. Luckily it doesn't totally ruin my lifestyle since I am always out and about but I need to move soon and sadly it will be out of SF.

00101_1zDsRlYfml8_600x450.jpg
00F0F_4WHWkj5kVsP_600x450.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/4554875353.html

Damn OP.... Smh. I'm from Boston as well. Honestly I would never live anywhere else. Been to NYC, Philly, DC, LA, and lived in Houston for two years. I'm convinced Boston is the best city in the world. I love my city bruh.... nowhere else like it.

I got love for the HTown though.

Back
Top Bottom