FCC Dismantling Net Neutrality Rules vol. **** AJIT PAI

There's no way this gets passed Congress right?

Republicans cant be that dumb right? right?

might be a dumb question but is this worldwide?

is this the same for our Canadian friends?

might be a dumb question but is this worldwide?

is this the same for our Canadian friends?

If Netflix and Amazon are forced to pay additional fees to have their streaming services included in Comcast’s “good” bundles, the end result is that we, the consumers, will bear that cost. And since Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are international services, those costs are likely to trickle down to unsuspecting customers beyond the US as well.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/23/16693840/net-neutrality-us-fcc-global-effect

I don’t see how the big companies can see the good in this. If we have to pay for access to internet and apps such as FB, Insta and Snapchat then they will lose users by the millions. Whose going to want to pay to be apart of social media? Not me that’s for sure.

And in turn all these companies are losing advertisement revenue because millions won’t see all the ads in their timelines and promoted posts. Don’t see how this can be good for both sides not just the consumer

Ill be straight with you, I barely understand this net neutrality thing.

we already pay for internet in our homes and for data on our phones.

why would we have to pay for more?

As if the price of internet service wasn’t already high

Social media is about to be a graveyard of abandoned accounts.

Because you would be paying more to access certain content. Like if you didn't pay enough, you wouldn't be able to access facebook, or espn.com, or niketalk, Amazon and so on.

How ticket prices work at sporting events. Apply that to the internet. The more $ you cough up, the better your experience.

Think of it like cable packages, so you get basic cable with x amount of channels, but let's just say you want to access YouTube, but your "package" doesn't allow that, so now you have to pay more to get the "bronze" package. Remember there's a hard cap too, so if you watch too much YouTube they'll throttle your connection, makes watching YouTube unbearable, but they have a "bronze+" package that'll give your more bandwidth, but it'll cost you more, of course. So on and so forth.

Guess I gotta protest with my pocket, this is a damn shame. Hopefully this makes everyone aware of how out of sync the FCC is with the general public.

so you’re saying broke boiz won’t be buying yeezys anymore....interesting

jk but seriously wonder what this does for buying sneakers

on another note something to ponder...would you say amazon is already guilty of this?

i’m a huge fan of amazon prime and don’t mind spending the 100 something a year for prime access but wouldn’t this almost be the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom