Feb. 12: TV Special about Nike/Jordan Brand on CNBC

Retrospect90 is a pure jamhole hahahaha, but the show was cool. Even tho I realized it was 10:00 at 10:32, and only caught the last half of the show, I sawenough to make me happy. I'll catch it from the beginnin' on Sunday.

Originally Posted by JFKTV

Originally Posted by retrospect90

was a jamhole?

Like a funny guy or anything along those lines. No disrespect if you took it that way.
oh thanks, naugh i didnt take it as disrespect, just wanted to know what it meant

fell asleep after the first half. but got it recorded on my dvr!
wink.gif

They were interviewing someone from nike and in the background there was some jordan 3 and 4 combos.
Screencap? and what the heck are those?!

I wonder if the woman that came up with the nike sign is getting any percentage from nike's sales. I doubt it.

the show was good caught myself in some footage twice both camping out for kickz.... kinda makes me realize this just isn't for me

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

why would nike mention under armor making them sweat and in the same broadcast....air the under armor commercial from the superbowl??
laugh.gif
@ under armor ever being competition for nike, excuse me while i finish my
smokin.gif

probably the same thing adidas thought about nike thirty years ago.

Nice...Melo has the Nightcrawler Custom Nike Dunk done by Chicago customizer ST!ZO
Thanks for posting the links to CNBC clips!!!

Originally Posted by shoeking2345

I wonder if the woman that came up with the nike sign is getting any percentage from nike's sales. I doubt it.

A while ago they gave her a bunch of Nike stock. So in a way, she does benefit if Nike's sales do well.

Originally Posted by lilhen18

Originally Posted by shoeking2345

A while ago they gave her a bunch of Nike stock. So in a way, she does benefit if Nike's sales do well.
Not to be disrespectful, but it was much longer ago than awhile ago. All you have to know is she will never have to work again, and is very well off.And to the person below her name is Carolyn Davidson.

Realxfresh, look right above you. Lots of good links there.

For those who didn't see the whole thing and are too cheap to buy the DVD, just watch CNBC in the coming days. They don't have much programming, sothey'll repeat it a couple times a day, kinda like the weeks after the MTV Music Awards - lol.

they should of had more about sneaker heads...... i like that dunk exchange i wish they had one here where i live!!!!!!!1
pimp.gif

ehhh, the program was weak in my opinion. i guess it's not fair to say since i work for nike but they told us stuff that we already know, as far as thehistory. told us stuff that has been reported since 2000 (with the other large number of printed reports) about sneakerheads. the only, somewhat impressivesegments were the labor practices. even that, we've known about since the latter 1990's.

the best thing was the sneakerhead portion. they didn't pick some lame, loser, hypebeast-type that takes their sneakers off just to cross train tracks orwalk on rocks and gravel. they picked someone who has a business and a life, and is down-to-earth. it's like he takes this sneakerhead thing seriously, butknows his limits. i notice he said that he pays his mortgage and then buys the shoes. that's a smart person.

I don't know about you guys but for reason, anticipatin that show was like when TGIF came on back in the day, I just stopped everything and was glued tothe tv until commercials came on.
laugh.gif
Felt like a kid again when his fav cartoon came on.

I totally missed this! I saw the commercials for it and knew it was going to air...but I saw the commercials while I was in the hospital. I got home on Tuesdayand managed to sleep through both airings.

I'm definitely gonna catch it on repeat though.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

it's like he takes this sneakerhead thing seriously, but knows his limits. i notice he said that he pays his mortgage and then buys the shoes. that's a smart person.

no, it isnt. smart people put money in their 401k, ira, cd, instead of shoes. this guy pays his bills then puts the rest of his paycheck on shoes. dudecuts hair for a living, hes going to be in a world of hurt come retirement time unless something changes.

Back
Top Bottom