Fight Night round 4 demo is up eek Vol: only this week

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Good to know some people like the stiff movement and the punching input latency.
laugh.gif

Been extremely disappointed since the pre-order demo went live.

Basically...Lmaoo...

I really anticipated that FNR4 would be better than UFC 2009....

I was wrong. UFC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FNR.....It's not even a contest at this point. Its good to know that EA Sports will always butcher a great franchise on a consistent basis. First they butcher Madden and now they butcher FN....

Good stuff EA sports.

And those TPC lovers trying to get at me, go around. Look at other boards. Take your blinders off.....

There are A LOT of people disgruntled at this change. Has nothing to do with game skill. If YOU can't handle people who use buttons then that's YOUR lack of skill speaking for itself. How are you going to claim to be good at something when you can't beat another individual because of how THEY play the game???
Co-sign. I never understood the *****in about using different controls? I mean, we're both using the same buttons... It's not like I got agame genie
alien.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Good to know some people like the stiff movement and the punching input latency.
laugh.gif

Been extremely disappointed since the pre-order demo went live.

Basically...Lmaoo...

I really anticipated that FNR4 would be better than UFC 2009....

I was wrong. UFC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FNR.....It's not even a contest at this point. Its good to know that EA Sports will always butcher a great franchise on a consistent basis. First they butcher Madden and now they butcher FN....

Good stuff EA sports.

And those TPC lovers trying to get at me, go around. Look at other boards. Take your blinders off.....

There are A LOT of people disgruntled at this change. Has nothing to do with game skill. If YOU can't handle people who use buttons then that's YOUR lack of skill speaking for itself. How are you going to claim to be good at something when you can't beat another individual because of how THEY play the game???

it was a fact that in FNR3, punches were faster if you used the buttons. that is why people would complain about people using the button configs. if theywere on an even playing field, there wouldnt be as many complaints.

Am I missing something? In FNR3 the analog was used to throw punches and occasionally I think I'd use one of the buttons for a haymaker or blocking. Ididn't use the buttons for jabs or hooks or powerful punches. That was all in the stick. I didn't even know you COULD use the buttons for those.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Am I missing something? In FNR3 the analog was used to throw punches and occasionally I think I'd use one of the buttons for a haymaker or blocking. I didn't use the buttons for jabs or hooks or powerful punches. That was all in the stick. I didn't even know you COULD use the buttons for those.
yea, you missed something
laugh.gif
. you couldve changed theconfiguration to have jabs/straights/hooks with the buttons.

but like i said before it created an uneven playing field because it was IMPOSSIBLE to put combos together as quickly with the stick.

Originally Posted by LTMS206

Originally Posted by needsomejays

perfect timing, right when i had to send my 360 back in
smh.gif

YEAH ME TOO!! and i still havent gotten this ''e-label'' they shouldve just done it like they did it before. is this just happening to me or for everybody. i have to get my own box tooooo....smh
hey man, double check, i think you have the option of them sending a box too

nah i asked and they said that is the way they do it now, i tried doing it online but that wasnt working out for me so i called 3 TIMES...
smh.gif

PLEASE HELP! i still havent gotten the E-LABEL and i called on friday
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif

YEAH ME TOO!! and i still havent gotten this ''e-label'' they shouldve just done it like they did it before. is this just happening to me or for everybody. i have to get my own box tooooo....smh

nah i asked and they said that is the way they do it now, i tried doing it online but that wasnt working out for me so i called 3 TIMES...
smh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
you have to print it off on xbox.com, they dont actually tell you to do this, they just expect you to know that its what your supposed todo
smh.gif

I switched the controls to 3 where it is similar to FN3 with the exception of haymakers, still excited about this game. I had UFC for a bit, but ended upplayin SFIV and FN4 demo waay more.

Just downloaded the demo.

The analog punch control mechanics are mehhh....I'm only able to land just jabs, hooks, and body shots. But I'm able to abuse Hatton's face withjust jabs with Pacquiao though.
smokin.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
you have to print it off on xbox.com, they dont actually tell you to do this, they just expect you to know that its what your supposed to do
smh.gif

wow man THANKS, if it wasnt for you id still be waiting for that email. any suggestions on how to pack it anyone
nerd.gif

So whats the verdict on this? I've been anticipating the release of this game for over a year now but I've read some not-so-nice things so far. Gonnasee for myself on Thursday when the PS3 demo is released..

Demo is crack imo, but I always used the analog sticks in FNR3 so the controls are smooth to me. I didn't know so many people used the buttons. Learn toplay with the sticks before you give up on this joint.

I just played the demo for PS3. EA Sports spent 2+ years making this game only for it to be more arcadish than ever? You can still land 70 punches a round withease.

Graphics are 10/10...gameplay is very disappointing IMO.

I'll probably still cop though just to play online.

Ive had on the ps3. Seems like there's non stop punching. I like how there isnt that delay time when you perry but man its gonna have to get some gettinused to. Im still playing round 3 with my created Mike Tyson.
pimp.gif

i really like it and dont understand the displeasure with the controls. like some i played it wiht analog before and thats what made it fun IMO. if you wantbutton smashing then you should play something else i suppose.

People talking %$+$ about people who like to use the butons. But if you were dedicated, avid player of K.O. Kings and early versions of Fight Night, you wouldfeel our pain.

I'm a huge fan of boxing games and played every version of Fight Night and Knockout Kings religiously. I totally prefer using the sticks rather than thebuttons. I'll admit the buttons are slightly faster and more responsive, but using the sticks feels more realistic when controlling my boxer. Just like howI prefer Skate over Tony Hawk.
^
Out of all the people I play I'm usually the only one using the sticks and I still own regardless, LMAO! If your nice in the game, your nice, itdoesn't matter what controls you use. Still I think games should always give people the choice of how to configure they're controls. EA should includethe buttons for offline and unranked play and make the sticks mandatory for ranked online matches. There's just too many people bugging over not having thebuttons. While a completely different genre, UFC is a solid alternative for someone looking for a sports fighting game.
^
I think the controls are WAY improved over R3, I would think that throwing a haymaker the old way of winding back the stick is way more difficult than justholding a button doing the same motion. They also made it easier to put together head and the body combos by adding left and right for body hooks whilestanding. Also throwing body uppercuts is easier by tapping diagonal down. And a great counter punching system replaced the unrealistic parrying BS.
^
Nevertheless people are still complaining, maybe EA just needs to make the controls 100% customizable by letting you mix up the new and old TPC. Like you canchoose how you want to throw regular punches and haymakers with either version.
^
After everything is said and done I think most people have problems throwing hooks. I myself have this problem many times too. I think the motion window forthrowing an uppercut is way to big and you end up throwing an uppercut when you mean to throw a hook. I think that's the only major hangup with bothversions of TPC. If they were to make the motion window for hooks bigger, then TPC would be a lot easier to use for the majority who find it difficult.

argh, after 15min of playing i deleted it ....FNR4 is TRASH! it feels sooo flat ...none of that wooooooo and ahhhhhhhhhh

Graphics are nice. Gameplay sucks. Using the stick to punch sucks. They take the speed out of a sport known for hand speed.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom