Filipino Culture Thread

I need to learn how to make stuff. Would put a crazy amount of bacon, egg, and scallions on top.
Yeah, I looked up the recipe for palabok and it looks really time consuming.

Plus, I would basically make it for myself since my wife isn't a big fan of it. She prefers regular pancit :smh:

Jelly of all you guys! We don't have jack s*** here in Boston :smh::lol:

Might check those places out in NY this summer.

We have a Filipino store here and it's always empty. Empty meaning all they have are dried mangoes, polvoron, sardines, some snacks, and breakfast food. That's about it.

I need to learn how to make stuff. Would put a crazy amount of bacon, egg, and scallions on top.

You can always whip out some Adobo: vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, salt, oil, and meats. Once you get the hang of it, modify it by "lessening" oil and soy sauce

I like it spicy.

And I just randomly decided one day to add peanut butter to make the sauce a little thicker like kare kare
Been doing it ever since.
Not alot of peanut butter just a little.

It has sweet...spicy...vinegar....savory..

U should try it.

tapsilog all day, everyday..
tapsilog.jpg

You already know, pare.

26073825_799173223588947_8303894640579313664_n.jpg

Yeah, I looked up the recipe for palabok and it looks really time consuming.

Plus, I would basically make it for myself since my wife isn't a big fan of it. She prefers regular pancit :smh:

After four years, my wife is about at 80% of matching my mom's spaghetti. That dish was my Top Priority for her to master. My mom has to make it every few months though just to make sure we don't forget she can still shut **** down:lol:

Pancit and a nice Crispy Pata is next on her list.

At first I thought you misspelled vegan but I was like there is no way in hell there is a vegan Filipino dish , so I googled that and I didn't know they were called that.

It's really good for everything; breakfast to pulutan

My dad is from Alaminos, Pangasinan and he'd always bring home some of the city's longganisa.

Imma give your peanut butter/hot sauce combo a try, SC kid SC kid :smile:

I put squid in palabok and ground pork.
Chicharones too

I thought I invented a new adobo recipe but I googled it and there are people who have done it lol.

Probably better with pork but I like chicken in adobo.

Ive never had sisig.
They have some in cans here but I feel like I'm not missing anything. I hear it's like a beer food

At first I thought you misspelled vegan but I was like there is no way in hell there is a vegan Filipino dish , so I googled that and I didn't know they were called that.

:lol: all g fam.

You gotta try that tho. Garlic rice and suka is all you need. It will change your life lol

I put squid in palabok and ground pork.
Chicharones too

I thought I invented a new adobo recipe but I googled it and there are people who have done it lol.

Probably better with pork but I like chicken in adobo.

Ive never had sisig.
They have some in cans here but I feel like I'm not missing anything. I hear it's like a beer food

Bro, Sisig was like the all time favorite.

I get the fish sisig instead of the pork though.

-Drew

I miss eating bangus.

Bought some pork belly from Costco last night. May make some sinigang or adobo.

I didn't even know there were such things as canned sisig. Where they do that at? Sounds nasty:lol:

Reactions: Ube
What sucks for 1st gen Pinoy immigrants here in MA, specifically my parents' friends, is that they are on some type of competition up here... like they assimilated to the lifestyle of making all kinds of wealth being nurses,
big houses, cars, and somehow have this superiority vibe towards other people, even white people, who make less than them. I don't really care how much they make but their comments about life these days are down right ignornant and insulting to those who aren't at the same "level" as they are.

Since we live in a small community here, I get to observe their ways and the Filipinos here have developed their own cliques based on how much salary earned per hour and how many people can fit at their houses LOL.

It's both sad and funny, but their motivation roots from struggles back home. #PinoyLife

This was exactly the type of negativity I was steered clear from since birth.
I've seen it so much in different circles. Made me wonder why I didn't grow up with other filipinos as much as I saw others until I got older and understood.

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom