Filipino Culture Thread

Can anyone explain this?

Got some filipino mecanics at my job. Theres this one lady who sells filipino food around the city. Last time they hooked up the chicharones with the spicy vinegar. I think its called atem?
Was bomb.

This is kind of a toss-up as far ancestry and last names go. From what I've learned in school there, it's our version of a melting pot. I can't rule out the thought of last names as basis for taxes and govt purposes but considering how indigenous the system were in rural areas, it may probably be the case but not ENTIRELY dedicated to it.

For ancestry, the Spaniards, Chinese, Japanese, etc. had a lot to do with our Pinoy culture. From language, food, traditions to names. it's just a lot of influence from these colonizers, but primarily from the Spaniards. These foreign cultures may have hooked up with the Mayan settlers and those actions could have invoked a sense of melting pot.

Don't @ me or anything haha, but a plausible truth that my Filipino-Chinese friends and a bunch of grown ups have told me that it was actually the Chinese descendants that had to adhere to Spanish customs. To make last names long and sound "Spanish," Chinese migrants had to combine Chinese last names.

Ex: Cojuangco -> Ko-Wang-Ko

Rich and notable families like the Ayala family (they own most of Makati and BGC Fort) lived in Cebu when they started then moved to Manila. Cebu is where Magellan first landed ala-Columbus. He got washed by Lapu-Lapu though :lol:

Last edited:
We actually have our own karaoke machine where you put coins and **** with sexy girls wallpaper straight from " beer house " :lol:

If you karaoke "I did it my way" you better do it right

Idk if it's common tradition here in the States but in the homeland, "My Way" is actually THE last song to end a karaoke session or a party. It's true that you gotta go all out and score a 100 or you'll get s****** on LOL. Sometimes they'll make you pay for everything :lol:

That's why no one sings it until the following morning when it's time to WRAP S*** UP!

Tito Drinking is no joke, it's a way of life! A test of will and... sobriety.

Learned the hard way when I was first introduced to some Man Drinking. They paced the hell out of the drinks while my noob self kept wondering and chuggin drinks in front of me.

"It's a marathon, not a sprint" - Tito Proverb :lol:

Tito Drinking is no joke, it's a way of life! A test of will and... sobriety.

Learned the hard way when I was first introduced to some Man Drinking. They paced the hell out of the drinks while my noob self kept wondering and chuggin drinks in front of me.

"It's a marathon, not a sprint" - Tito Proverb :lol:

The Pacquiao fights these past 5-6 years have trained me well in "The Art of Tito Drinking" :smokin

Tanduay.jpg

I almost got in a fight with my wife's uncle debating Pacquiao lol.

I was ready to give him these hands and make future family parties awkward lol.
There is no debate Pacquiao is DA GOAT.

Not srs..... he is top 5 to me imo

There is no debate Pacquiao is DA GOAT.

Not srs..... he is top 5 to me imo
Yeah, I'm more reasonable when discussing Pacquiao because I'm a casual boxing fan. I was simply trolling her uncle because he was getting annoying yelling "bang" every punch he threw lol

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom