Filipino Culture Thread

Yeah, I ain’t eating any canned sisig.

Speaking on vegan stuff, my dad brought back some vegetarian / vegan chicharon begore. They were basically like rice crackers / chips with vinegar and pork- like seasoning but they were damn good.

Ihawan @ Jackson Heights, Queens
Krystals @ Jackson Heights, Queens

Guiradelco @ Westbury (9AM for bkfst?)

Man, I haven't heard of these names SINCE CHILDHOOD................me and my family moved outta the NY area back in 2003 for H-Town (for family reasons).

I definitely co-sign all 3 of these places, especially hearing from another fellow NY Pinoy that these places are still around (a couple of my favorite Dim Sum places I heard closed down after I left town 15 years ago :frown: )

Yeah, I ain’t eating any canned sisig.

Speaking on vegan stuff, my dad brought back some vegetarian / vegan chicharon begore. They were basically like rice crackers / chips with vinegar and pork- like seasoning but they were damn good.

I think you're talking about Marty's or Mang Juan's. THOSE were maaaaaad good.

I still eat these

6a00d8341bfcac53ef00e5509512c28833-800wi.jpg

Wow, I haven't seen one of those cans since the 80s. Is that how they still look to this day?:lol:

Misconceptions:

A majority of Filipinos don't have any spanish ancestry, your last name was adopted for tax purposes.

Can anyone explain this?

Got some filipino mecanics at my job. Theres this one lady who sells filipino food around the city. Last time they hooked up the chicharones with the spicy vinegar. I think its called atem?
Was bomb.

Canned sisig is a NO GO for me. My brother makes one with/without the liver and we pair it with rice. Delish!

Something to remind us about home, especially where we both went to college.

These are the best tasting thing I've ever eaten out of a can.

They're REALLY good
555-FriedSardines-Tausi.png

D555001.555FriedSardinesSoyOilChili.50x155g.jpg

This was exactly the type of negativity I was steered clear from since birth.
I've seen it so much in different circles. Made me wonder why I didn't grow up with other filipinos as much as I saw others until I got older and understood.

-Drew
Yeah, I've seen it growing up too. From relatives to family friends. I'm really thankful that my parents raised me and my siblings the way they felt best and didn't force traditions or cultural routines in our lives. IMO, we all got our dosage of Filipino culture from our grandparents.

And why are Filipinos so cliquish? It makes no damn sense. And why does everyone think they'll get a hook up from another Filipino? My goodness, that is annoying AF.

Back
Top Bottom