Final Fantasy XIII- 3/9/10-- Are you purchasing?

I have the game informer FFVII guide from 97' dusty as hell.

BTW, cloud going ******ed in FFVII>any other character struggles from the series.

No game captured me like VII, #^%^ was pure genius...temple of the ancients, concept of the promise land, midgar being a virtual nyc, cid and his never-ending cigarette, cait sith being a snitch with a conscious, clouds whole life being false, come to think of it zidane and kuja from IX are serious cloud and sephiroth ripoffs...

I can't think of another FF that that gave such vivid backdrops on every character in the party, you literally knew the story of every person who was with you and what made them decide to fight.

This game and only this game deserves a proper remake...with a diamond and saffire weapon added to the map alongside ruby and emerald.

I'd be ashamed if to never have experienced ff7. I don't think square could write a script this good again if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I have the game informer FFVII guide from 97' dusty as hell.

BTW, cloud going ******ed in FFVII>any other character struggles from the series.

No game captured me like VII, #^%^ was pure genius...temple of the ancients, concept of the promise land, midgar being a virtual nyc, cid and his never-ending cigarette, cait sith being a snitch with a conscious, clouds whole life being false, come to think of it zidane and kuja from IX are serious cloud and sephiroth ripoffs...

I can't think of another FF that that gave such vivid backdrops on every character in the party, you literally knew the story of every person who was with you and what made them decide to fight.

This game and only this game deserves a proper remake...with a diamond and saffire weapon added to the map alongside ruby and emerald.

I'd be ashamed if to never have experienced ff7. I don't think square could write a script this good again if they wanted to.
Square has-- it's FF VI. As good as FF VII is FVI is the crown jewel in the series. Best music, best gameplay, most diverse character set, best battle system and the best villian in Kefka.

Final Fantasy 9 was the best one. Better than 7 and 8 is terrible unless this picks up, finally got around to playing it but i've completed a whole disc and still i'm not feelin it

Final Fantasy 9 was the best one. Better than 7 and 8 is terrible unless this picks up, finally got around to playing it but i've completed a whole disc and still i'm not feelin it

I loved 7, hated 8, liked 9 a lot, loved 10 and didn't play 11 or 12. Should I buy this one or will I be lost? Are 11 and 12 worth playing?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but it seems to me that ALL the commercials for FF13 are all for Xbox360

I saw like 6 commercials yesterday and they all were for the Xbox bundle.

Also I will be purchasing the paperback guide. I know some people are "anti-guide" but honestly if you have never purchased a guide for FF games than you are missing out really. The FFX guide was crakk. It's way better than using online.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

I loved 7, hated 8, liked 9 a lot, loved 10 and didn't play 11 or 12. Should I buy this one or will I be lost? Are 11 and 12 worth playing?

i thought 11 wasnt great.

mainly because im more into solo play and you really couldnt do anything without a group, which i found annoying to find.

12 was good (the bit that ive played) but the gambit system threw me off.

12 plays like an MMO.
11 is an MMO so I wouldn't touch it.
7 captured me in RPGs, but the music in 10 really got me. Especially as you are climbing the mountain where the snow is. And you are fighting as Kimahri vs. his 2 kin. I mean that music sequence in that whole area was touching. It made you almost want to tear up slightly. Well at least to me
9 was solid but never finished it
8 was solid but never finished it
Beat 1 and 2. I have the FF collections that were remastered for PS1 but I have yet really had time to play any of them. Too many games and too little time with school, work, and sports.

The only gripe I had with FFVIII was how quickly the plot thickened at the tail end of disk 2. Oh and cheatin $!* omega weapon. Lv. 5 death at the start of battle? Terra Break out of nowhere? Really?
indifferent.gif

X was pretty good too. Monster Arena was the best and you could go out to lunch before making your next move. I spent 100 hours getting Tidus/Wakka/Yuna to 255 in all stats except luck and accuracy(ran out of spheres and patience
laugh.gif
)

XII was my introduction to loot farming. Before that game I have never killed 1 type of enemy 100 times in a row for 1 item. Oh yeah, and disma was OD difficult, killing off 5 of my party members after I killed gilgamesh.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Too many games and too little time with school, work, and sports.
I feel you on that one bro. I promised myself I was going to beat Mass Effect 2 before FF13 came out.....Still haven't gotten around to beating it. I'm mad close though.

Juggling school, loads of school work, having a social life on the weekends, my girlfriend nagging me about spending too much time playing games, and work. I feel like I have limited time to play.
still aint going to stop me from getting ff13 though
laugh.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Too many games and too little time with school, work, and sports.
I feel you on that one bro. I promised myself I was going to beat Mass Effect 2 before FF13 came out.....Still haven't gotten around to beating it. I'm mad close though.

Juggling school, loads of school work, having a social life on the weekends, my girlfriend nagging me about spending too much time playing games, and work. I feel like I have limited time to play.
still aint going to stop me from getting ff13 though
laugh.gif

-The Juice
this describes my thought on XIII as well.. ill make sure i beat it but prolly wont OD and try and get every little tidbit like i used to... practically maxed everything in 7/8 and rushed through 9/10 and never finished 12..

I have no time for this game
tired.gif

I think one of the things that I will try to do is finish this game as fast as I can after I graduate.

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

8 is terrible unless this picks up, finally got around to playing it but i've completed a whole disc and still i'm not feelin it
It definitely picks up, you don't know anything about the story yet. 
But you didn't like the end of disc 1? That was probably my favorite part of the game. The music, the plot and getting into position only to have dude freeze up. That was the first time I had ever experienced something like that in FF.

i was really looking forward to this until dragon age came out and i really got into it. the expansion coming out for it march 16th is going to be crazy..

although i will eventually get ffxiii i won't buy it release date.

Reserved mine copy yesterday. Paying it off on Thursday so on Tuesday I can wait in like Snoop Dogg in one of his videos and grab my copy and leave.

March is an $$ entertainment month smh
smh.gif
FF, GOW3, Pokemon
laugh.gif
gotta see AIW in the theater. I think there's another game too

i suggest people not go to Final fantasy message boards

the game was just leaked for the 360 and people have already

played passed the first disk and posting up spoilers

Back
Top Bottom