FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

I'll believe it when I see it
nerd.gif

This ^^^^ But believe you me, if they do justice to the original and release the OG color way Minimum two pair purchase not to mention nothing but praise, but until that day comes..........
mad.gif

wally photoshop the white neutralgrey if you can thanks
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-summary.jpg

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
same here.

That article seems like a total fluff piece. Griffeys are more complex in the upper than these are and they are done just fine. The most "techy" part of the shoe, the webtec, is missing..

They are only a touchy subject because they are crapped on constantly and then Nike wonders why there is barely a cross trainer following (it's huge in Europe and they get rewarded with decent at1 retros yearly).

I don't know. At this point in time, I am just about fed up and through with the "let's spread this cross trainer love to the masses". There is only one shot at a first impression and they blew it, by their own doing. And the kicker of this whole scenario is the auto trainer GS from two years ago. That was done right in colorway form. A complex upper was accomplished with very few complaints. I am just about ready for this og teal/lime and infrared to release in quickstrike or limited form, have myself get one or two pairs, have decent quality on the shoe, and i'll sit back and let myself enjoy these alone. Spreading the word or spread the trainer faith is extinct in my eyes. Bring on the $150 msrp limited edition nice quality og colorways. Who cares if only a few hundred will enjoy them. and 90% of those guys never into trainers before. Time to be selfish

Wow. $87 doesn't seem too bad. I guess I have a few days to decide..

I mean I could not get these now, wait, wait some more, and then finally see what sneakernews was talking about with OG teal lime and still be let down. Meanwhile Summer has passed us and these citron releases are nowhere to be found except above retail. That seems like some weird twisted sort of logic to present sneaker buyers with. Am I the only one seeing this?

A. Buy these now as 'insurance' for what could be a decent release later, and have essentially wasted money on the first pair. Nike wins as I buy both.
Or B. Wait, don't buy this first pair, and still be let down later. Perfect marketing to experiment with this model. I then scramble, 5 months later, looking for a citron pair and pay above retail

Yet those preschoolers back in 2009 just went to a store, saw both a infrared and teal/lime and had both to choose from, from the onset. From the beginning.

It would take a huge miracle for one of these releases so similar to another to NOT flop. Either one is bound to go to outlets unless they make the OG teal/lime limited and/or much more different than this current release.
---------------
By the way, regarding the grey upper material on the citron pair. If you own any 2002, 2008, or 2009 at1 chlorophyll, it's the same sort of napless synthetic suede. It also appears on the tr1 and 1.2 chlorophyll models.. Not terrible quality but far below what could be on it. Anyone with originals..( ummm suguruvstotoro).. what was on the upper of the originals? I was under the impression both the infrared and teal/lime were solid leather shoes...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
same here.

That article seems like a total fluff piece. Griffeys are more complex in the upper than these are and they are done just fine. The most "techy" part of the shoe, the webtec, is missing..

They are only a touchy subject because they are crapped on constantly and then Nike wonders why there is barely a cross trainer following (it's huge in Europe and they get rewarded with decent at1 retros yearly).

I don't know. At this point in time, I am just about fed up and through with the "let's spread this cross trainer love to the masses". There is only one shot at a first impression and they blew it, by their own doing. And the kicker of this whole scenario is the auto trainer GS from two years ago. That was done right in colorway form. A complex upper was accomplished with very few complaints. I am just about ready for this og teal/lime and infrared to release in quickstrike or limited form, have myself get one or two pairs, have decent quality on the shoe, and i'll sit back and let myself enjoy these alone. Spreading the word or spread the trainer faith is extinct in my eyes. Bring on the $150 msrp limited edition nice quality og colorways. Who cares if only a few hundred will enjoy them. and 90% of those guys never into trainers before. Time to be selfish
I really hope that the article isn't lying but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.  I laughed pretty hard at the "You have to allow some elbow room especially with a shoe with one of the most techy designs in Nike history."  I understand manufacturing has changed, but listen, if they can spend all that time and effort on making an exact retro of the sky force which was never a wildly popular shoe to begin with, then why not take the time with the Trainer sc ii?  It just doesn't make sense.  And I think the biggest issue we all have is a color issue, that is not a very difficult goal to achieve.   This "elbow room" thing is plain BS.  If the shape is a little off ok, fine, but color placement doesn't fit in that "elbow room" category.  I hope they do the right thing otherwise its pretty sad.  

I saw the "limes/neons" in person last night (DTLR), and what NTer "ekhunter1" said is 100% accurate.

For all of y'all considered to be "elite" and "crybabies" and "old grumps never satisfied" and blah blah blah.... YOU ALL create the demand by your knowledge, your care, you outright love for models that you all remember/had before most were even BORN.  You all ARE the influence for this brand, especially on trainers.  Bottom line.

With that said, just take a stand.  DO NOT BUY THIS SHOE until its at outlets on a hash wall for next to nothing (or at an urban store sitting for 39.99), because that's where these are headed.

You try these on, and they feel like you wearing building blocks on your feet.

Such a beaut. as an o.g. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"elbow room"?
Ya'll need to catch an elbow for this %%$% and what the hell is the point in buying the sneaker later on that has the original colorway(s),but the quality isn't there?

I don't buy a word of that SneakerNews article, though I hope I'm wrong. Seems like a bunch of speculation. At the end of the day, I need facts, catalogue scans, sample pics, etc.

Fluff.

So these are legitimately uncomfortable on your feet? I can deal with bad materials but comfort is one thing I strive for. I have the 09 auburns and med. balls despite the shotty materials, because they are comfortable.

With material cost rising and high cut leather shoes seemingly being harder to sell, they should've played it safe with this one and did these in a low. Do a test release or installment with the lows, gauge interest, and then go for the true to form 3/4 cut shoe.

Even when they supposedly test colorways or models, I don't think they learn and ADVANCE with that known knowledge. The 2004-2005 air trainer 1 low og c/w retro corrected all that was wrong with the air trainer 1 normal retro. The midsole is actually white foam instead of yellow foam painted white, so there was no paint chipping. Toebox creasing on the grey suede that happened on the 2000 era was GONE with the 2005.. They appeared to fix all of the foundation issues, yet in 2006 they stopped making the at1 low and didn't change the way they made the normal AT1 retro. For once they were on the right path with advancements. So even if this is some test phase before the og teal/lime comes out, I have zero faith that they will use that data to correctly get us what we want. They are stubborn.

EDIT:
More Photoshops. I want to drive it into their minds that this is the only way to do it.
67425ad43d7034dd10d3ba0d9405b8c76e17c67_r.jpg

ca8357384ea07b884dea1bbe3822056bf4f73c8_r.jpg

^^ wally beautiful p.s's we can only hope and pray they come out looking so nice. but yeah they dont feel too comfortable on feet. i mean they arent horrible but they arent excellent feeling either. i would say they a okay feeling. C"MON NIKE!!!!! get on the f&cking ball!!

The eastbay blog photos really show you what types of materials you can expect out of these without even needing to try them on or see them in person.

-The white dimpled leather is a 100% duplicate of other similar pleather products.. 2009 auburn SC's come to mind immediately.. Envision that sort of leather qualty... Also notice the great paint job on the NIKE AIR and swoosh
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-5.jpg

---------------------------
-Ankle collar appears to be of a different material than the originals. It seems more canvas like than a shiny soft material. One looks soft, the other looks extremely rugged.
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-3.jpg

vs.
air-trainer-sc-ii-summer-2011-2.jpg

----------------------------------
-The inner sockliner on the 2011 retro looks to be of the same plush material as the sc auburns. Maybe the only true positive out of the auburn was the softness of that material

And your grey material as mentioned in an earlier post, is the stuff you will find on almost every tr1 and tr1.2 product since 2009. Nothing truly high class or spectacular about what's being used. I'm trying to think of the last grey leather shoe Nike brought out. Maybe factories don't have grey leather? By all accounts the originals appeared to have all leather of the same kind on the entire upper. Here, it's white pleather and a grey synthetic nubuck of some kind.

Even sadder is the fact that they are charging $110. Bo auburn's were $105, med. ball 09s matched these @ $110, and the cheapest of the bunch, the tr1 and tr1.2 using the same types of materials, a mere $90. The autotrainer which uses essentially the same amount of material in the upper was only $80 bucks. Nike, since you are making it harder on yourself by not releasing a proper c/w and thus not distracting me away from these other details, i'll direct my attention to dissecting what I can see.

$110 seems fine on nostalgia driven sells but those need proper colorways to hide all these other messy details. So since we don't have that, one can truly question what the heck is up with that price point. "New era" shoes, even your sc 2010, seem like better deals than some of these retros. If they have been retroing the SChigh and the ATiii for 11 years now, why is the price still so high? One can only wonder what's going on over there..

I'm actually surprised these reached the same pricepoint as the ATiii's. These easily could've been $120. That would'nt have been good in their eyes, so I believe they really cut some corners with this shoe to make it the same price.. imo, they should have had some faith in their product, charge $130, get some decent materials in these, some og colors, and stand behind your shoe. Griffey's price point and even the nomo's were way above $110. Don't tell me that full length air midsole costs $30 bucks.

Just some meaningless stuff to think about 

How can they not be releasing the Infrareds? For a company that ++$@%$ out the same colorways on every sneaker like eggplant and cool grey, they're going to decide to get creative when the OG colorway IS Infrared?....%!# Nike?!?, I'm gonna get a pair of Reebok Michael Chang sneakers instead. Eff that garbage ur selling. I'm going to laugh when I see these on sales racks.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I saw a story on sneakernews that Nike is gonna make a true to original colorway SC II 

Come on Nike, us 30+ guys been waiting too long for this for you to mess it up.  Look at WallyHopp's photoshops and just do it...RIGHT.

Originally Posted by OneSole

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I saw a story on sneakernews that Nike is gonna make a true to original colorway SC II 

Come on Nike, us 30+ guys been waiting too long for this for you to mess it up.  Look at WallyHopp's photoshops and just do it...RIGHT.

I see what you're saying, One.

With that said, trying to  place things in perspective and remind myself that the staff at NSW are regular people who got jobs there because they
went to school for it or fell into it somehow via connects (nepotism?). In other words... odds are they aren't sneaker heads but casual shoe going
collectives who applied for a job or got hooked up - don't care much for people like you and I who yearn to have the OG incarnations redid.

I'm sure the folks over at NSW aren't that naive...

or is they?

Maybe someone at Nike HQ bought this pair of OGs that ended today to help them build a true to form pair in the future.. One could only hope
57725a242e7914e212b36953c26479e3cb212f7_r.jpg

Originally Posted by ptngina

How much did it end for, Wally?
like $100 shipped. Perfect candidate for a midsole swap. If I can find one in my size, Im down to rip apart two shoes to create one wearable pair.

The sad thing about looking at some of the OGs now is that the lime color has turned a bit of an ugly mustard style yellow. Age and light does that to shoes.

SinnerP, Nice photos for photoshopping
32035d8348f572134c5b18dc399752710be2446_r.jpg

f94353e4430b7ec849151262306fb78d859a8bd_r.jpg

Got these today from eastbay. To me, these are better than the black/red pair. Comfort wise, its pretty comfortable. Im actually keeping these since this may be the closest to OG CW Nike is releasing....

^^^ tounges are all wonky likie the pair i tried on @ jimmy jazzy

time to go break out the Rit teal dye and report back!

Back
Top Bottom