FINALLY, Air Jordan 12 Playoffs Return - Rumored Date - 3/11/2022 - First images

I hope Nike drops a million pairs like the Cool Greys.

Attachments

• 646B1C08-9944-4608-9BBD-23CBE98E1746.jpeg
    646B1C08-9944-4608-9BBD-23CBE98E1746.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
Thanks keepemfresh keepemfresh . Also, are those ‘12s? They look amazing in that shot.

jordan4eva23 jordan4eva23 I never noticed. That’d be cool if it were the case and the ‘22 pair does have the dark grey lines. Even so, I’d prefer the shape to be correct instead of the correct CF plate.

Really wanna like these but the shape is hard for me to get over… and I don’t think they’ll do 12s justice until 2027.

The carbon fiber is there. Its just mostly black. You can see that in those pics above. Look guys, I dont mean to be that guy, but if anyone really thought they were gonna take these back all the way to 1997 is kinda playin themselves. My true expectations were simply todays shape of a 12 release with a true Playoff colorway. If I get that, Im good. It seems like so many get in some sort of shock when its anything different from that. Which at this point in time with all these releases over all these years, still surprises me with the reactions. If they are gonna fix the shape, It most likely would have been done on THIS shoe imo. Until I see whats in my hand I dont get to high or low on all these early pics. But more than likely they are not going to be that much different.
I think they look fine overall. They look like a Playoff 12. Does it not?

The carbon fiber is there. Its just mostly black. You can see that in those pics above. Look guys, I dont mean to be that guy, but if anyone really thought they were gonna take these back all the way to 1997 is kinda playin themselves. My true expectations were simply todays shape of a 12 release with a true Playoff colorway. If I get that, Im good. It seems like so many get in some sort of shock when its anything different from that. Which at this point in time with all these releases over all these years, still surprises me with the reactions. If they are gonna fix the shape, It most likely would have been done on THIS shoe imo. Until I see whats in my hand I dont get to high or low on all these early pics. But more than likely they are not going to be that much different.
It’s not a surprise, for sure. For me it’s mostly about the shape. Some releases are good or decent, some aren’t. This one so far doesn’t look like a good one. I don’t expect most people to pass because of it, though. Personally I was on the fence with this release, so if it doesn’t look great I have no trouble passing. If these were white/reds I’d have no choice but to take them LOL

Damn, I was hoping they were 2012 and with time/wear they looked that good 😂 I see the black jumpman on the toe now though. 18 years and they look that clean 👏🏼
Passed on the 2012’s for that red jumpman and shape 😡. Didn’t even know about the red text on the back.

Caught a good deal for $200 a few years back. Wore them a handful of times and just took care of them. Was waiting for the retro to fully rock em but was hoping for a worthy successor. Oh well. We get what we can get.

I agree completely but sometimes they do surprise us. That could be why some people are let down.

One example of being surprised is how well they've done the shape of the 3s these past two years. It's the best shape I've ever owned. And I've owned multiples of each colorway of the 2001s and 2003s.

From pictures they even look better than the 1994s, as far as the toe box. The 1994 toe box isn't as flat as these 2019-2022s.

It’s not a surprise, for sure. For me it’s mostly about the shape. Some releases are good or decent, some aren’t. This one so far doesn’t look like a good one. I don’t expect most people to pass because of it, though. Personally I was on the fence with this release, so if it doesn’t look great I have no trouble passing. If these were white/reds I’d have no choice but to take them LOL
Take that same statement you made and go back to 2009. Would you have bought those? Because those White and Reds were gems to have in my world at that time. And still are. And everyone was clowning those. At that point, I was not thinking they were simply gonna release 5 to 7 years from now, just wait. Still love those. Bad shape and all.

My point is when do we realize this brand we love so much does not seek to become as good as it once was. Because it dont have to. If they see 12s move in other colors with no problem, then why would they change it?

IMG_20191109_160146.jpg
Now be honest. If you saw this pic. And was told this was the 2022, would you not be a little stoked?
I indeed passed on them in 2009. I’d probably buy them now just because I’m way too old to keep waiting, not because I think they’re a great retro. Personally I’m done buying stuff unless it gives me a certain feeling. I’ve got more than enough shoes, and I’m done wasting money on stuff that ends up sitting in my closet because I think it’s a meh retro. But that’s totally just where I am right now. I get that other people don’t see it my way.

I indeed passed on them in 2009. I’d probably buy them now just because I’m way too old to keep waiting, not because I think they’re a great retro. Personally I’m done buying stuff unless it gives me a certain feeling. I’ve got more than enough shoes, and I’m done wasting money on stuff that ends up sitting in my closet because I think it’s a meh retro. But that’s totally just where I am right now.
Im with you there. I have damn near everything I could want as far as shoes go. Everything from this point on is just pure enjoyment. Not need. At my age, to still be able to talk about and share this stuff is a pure blessing. Too many shoes for sure over here also. But even with this current shape, Playoff 12s def give me that "feel" every time. Im a sucker for this. And I think you are too lol.

Take that same statement you made and go back to 2009. Would you have bought those? Because those White and Reds were gems to have in my world at that time. And still are. And everyone was clowning those. At that point, I was not thinking they were simply gonna release 5 to 7 years from now, just wait. Still love those. Bad shape and all.

My point is when do we realize this brand we love so much does not seek to become as good as it once was. Because it dont have to. If they see 12s move in other colors with no problem, then why would they change it?
The “it sells out so why would it change?” argument is valid to a degree, but we’ve seen them change the shoes regardless. They fixed the XI. They made big improvements to the III. The silver tongue fire red V shape is great (I passed on 2016 metallics because it wasn’t great). So we know it does happen.

Im with you there. I have damn near everything I could want as far as shoes go. Everything from this point on is just pure enjoyment. Not need. At my age, to still be able to talk about and share this stuff is a pure blessing. Too many shoes for sure over here also. But even with this current shape, Playoff 12s def give me that "feel" every time. Im a sucker for this. And I think you are too lol.
I’m still kind of a sucker on the right model and colorway LOL. The playoff XII isn’t that big of a deal to me to accept a mediocre version of it. White/reds are what I really want.

Back
Top Bottom