FINALLY, Air Jordan 12 Playoffs Return - Rumored Date - 3/11/2022 - First images

I’m still kind of a sucker on the right model and colorway LOL. The playoff XII isn’t that big of a deal to me to accept a mediocre version of it. White/reds are what I really want.
I understand that. But think about the 3 models that matter the most imo to JB, the 1 , the 3 , the 11. The rest get the leftover treatment. Hell it took everyone getting pissed about the BC3 release for them to start taking notes.

The carbon fiber is there. Its just mostly black. You can see that in those pics above. Look guys, I dont mean to be that guy, but if anyone really thought they were gonna take these back all the way to 1997 is kinda playin themselves. My true expectations were simply todays shape of a 12 release with a true Playoff colorway. If I get that, Im good. It seems like so many get in some sort of shock when its anything different from that. Which at this point in time with all these releases over all these years, still surprises me with the reactions. If they are gonna fix the shape, It most likely would have been done on THIS shoe imo. Until I see whats in my hand I dont get to high or low on all these early pics. But more than likely they are not going to be that much different.
I think they look fine overall. They look like a Playoff 12. Does it not?
They’ve been kinda disrespecting the 12 for a minute and to a lesser degree the 13. The black reds in 2016 were a decent shape, much better than these. If they can fix the 11’s, the 3’s and 6’s why not these?

They’ve been kinda disrespecting the 12 for a minute and to a lesser degree the 13. The black reds in 2016 were a decent shape, much better than these. If they can fix the 11’s, the 3’s and 6’s why not these?
12s sell regardless. I agree with you. Nike has zero incentive to change. Its their choice. We ALL know they can do it. They just dont. Certain models get more attention than others. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

I understand that. But think about the 3 models that matter the most imo to JB, the 1 , the 3 , the 11. The rest get the leftover treatment. Hell it took everyone getting pissed about the BC3 release for them to start taking notes.
The III is my favorite along with the XI, and I skipped every retro of it since 2003 until the AMM came along.
All this XII talk made me just go into the stash now and pull out the lows 🤣
601D8FE4-AD9D-4FF3-B887-70EDBDEDE6B1.jpeg

Im with you there. I have damn near everything I could want as far as shoes go. Everything from this point on is just pure enjoyment. Not need. At my age, to still be able to talk about and share this stuff is a pure blessing. Too many shoes for sure over here also. But even with this current shape, Playoff 12s def give me that "feel" every time. Im a sucker for this. And I think you are too lol.
Yeah, he’s a 🍭 too.

You been here too long for this to still be odd.
Yeah there’s no obvious logic to the entire operation. I realized the other day while reading the Fire Red III thread: In Nike’s own official preview of upcoming releases including these playoff 12s, the head of JB is quoted saying, “We don’t want to release shoes like this randomly. They need to be tied to dates/events that make sense to MJ’s career.” I took that to mean anniversaries etc. Except they’re dropping the IIIs in August 2022. The hell does that coincide with in terms of Fire Red IIIs? If JB would’ve waited till next year, at least then it would be the 35th anniversary year of the OG IIIs. They can’t even stick to their own reasoning.

There’s enough buzz about these that Nike/JB letting everyone else hype them up and don’t/won’t give them any daps. Ain’t nothing new.
Still a big need for me but I’m chill til release day

Back
Top Bottom