Finally ...Gentry Is DONE !!!

K Kierris I don't have any dog in this fight, but can you name some of these fire CWs? I usually stick to the OGs(or stuff I liked during middle/high school) CWs outside of 1s.

Truly interested.
Unc 1s, hyper royal 1s, mocha 1s, Georgetown 3s, hyper royal 13s, unc 3s, unc 4s, hare 6s, Bordeaux 6s, white Oreo 4s, taupe 4s, university gold 9s, anniversary 11s etc

You have to understand that not everyone wants the same remastered Jordans every year. There's a way to give people remastered ogs while also giving us fire new stuff and Gentry did that to perfection

1628649661674.gif

I didn’t care for his run only for the fact he went away from the Nike Air and doing the original color ways correctly.

But in actuality we got fire under this man e.g. Cool Grey 3&4, Flint 12, DMPs, Olive 5, and so on.

Lets remember we were getting Marvin 7s, 3 Peat 8s, and wack themes.

I’m a minority, but he did a solid job. It’s just a notion people run just because.

From a sales standpoint they have had their best numbers under both of his regimes. 2016 gave us almost 20 OG colors and models and they sat. Jordan Brand went through some changes and at that time boost was at an all time high thanks to Kanye. Since the The Last Dance, nothing has been the same. The OG colors and models that we all love have been scarce under Gentry but there are only so many of them as is. Gentry brought a bunch of retro pluses which has allowed the company the company to flourish. I am not big on the retro pluses but some fire colorways. Maybe now the OG colors of Jordans will be more frequent. Let's not forget that we got the proper shape of the Air Jordan 1 and 3 under Gentry. In the early 2000s I despised him for the quality, the shape of the beloved XI, removing Nike Air from 3-6 and the retro pluses but some of that was beyond his control. This last run was horrible, he came in to do what they needed him to do. I hope that his departure means that the fans get what they want again.

who cares about gentry - Nick van den Haak is who we should want to go.

I don’t care about Nike’s revenue. It does nothing for me. All I know is that since he’s been in control it’s been impossible to get the shoes I want. Everything is a draw or a super limited collab. I’m glad he’s gone.

I don’t care about Nike’s revenue. It does nothing for me. All I know is that since he’s been in control it’s been impossible to get the shoes I want. Everything is a draw or a super limited collab. I’m glad he’s gone.
You understand there's a board right? Y'all aren't naive enough to believe that one man is making every major call in regards to business decisions right?

The funny part about this is that Gentry saved Jordan Brand twice. Record setting revenues in both his tenures. The hate comes from dudes who have no idea of how the sneaker business works. Gentry transformed Jordans for the better and we all should be thankful. Sure he has some misses but he isn't superhuman. He's done more good than harm. I hope he comes back in the near future.

F73B0193-43FD-46EB-A90C-8066244861E1.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom