Firefighter fired over a gifted watermelon

July-4th-Watermelon-Hostess-Gift-TidbitsTwine1.jpg

i hate watermelon btw...
Like I said, that looks stupid lol
Just give out gift cards

You would have to have rocks in your head to wanna insult some guys that are gonna potentially save your life one day.

He p
He knew what he was doing. The article says that firehouse is 90% black.

When he got hired, his boss had to have said oh and before you except the job just know 90% of your coworkers are black?

If I started a job somewhere and they gave me a case of balut id definetely be offended.

I'd take it.

But id definetely be offended.

Last edited:
so his intention was to get fired? ehhh lol.

ya can't read a man's heart till ya at least know all da facts.

he definitely should've wrote out a endearing card just to make it completely innocuous.
He probably thought it was a good joke, but it backfired obviously.

You would have to have rocks in your head to wanna insult some guys that are gonna potentially save your life one day.

Racist people in the military, fire departments, and police departments. This is not some rare occurrence.

Don't know if y'all dudes are being sarcastic or not.
After reading these replies it looks like y'all don't know.

Read and learn why that former firefighter was wrong.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/12/how-watermelons-became-a-racist-trope/383529/

Thomas Edison (Yes the inventor of the light bulb) perpetuated this stereotype with a film he made of a watermelon eating contest.

http://ourweekly.com/news/2014/feb/20/chicken-and-watermelon-fabricated-history/?page=2

Yeah bro they are serious lol

Watermelons are delicious. Let's not allow the offensive and ignorant acts committed in the past negate that fact. I eat watermelon and love it.
Theres a chance he could've meant it from a pure place and theres a chance he could've been trying to be funny. Should he lose his job? I don't think so.
Reminds me of a situation in the Air Force where the delivery guy asked me if I was gonna go to the cafeteria to get some fried chicken, I was low key triggered, but I knew him for a while and knew he was a good dude and I don't think he meant it in that way.

We live in a twisted and demented world where offering delicious foods can be seen as offnsive.

Watermelons are delicious. Let's not allow the offensive and ignorant acts committed in the past negate that fact. I eat watermelon and love it.
Theres a chance he could've meant it from a pure place and theres a chance he could've been trying to be funny. Should he lose his job? I don't think so.
Reminds me of a situation in the Air Force where the delivery guy asked me if I was gonna go to the cafeteria to get some fried chicken, I was low key triggered, but I knew him for a while and knew he was a good dude and I don't think he meant it in that way.

We live in a twisted and demented world where offering delicious foods can be seen as offnsive.
I can agree that he didn’t deserve to get fired for that, but perhaps that it should be a lesson that one should perhaps be more careful and not act so stupid when one tries to introduce themselves to a different group, because not everyone is going to easily forgive something that they interpret as offensive.

What does taco Tuesdays have to do with this? Don’t be this obtuse.
You don’t just go to a mostly black fire department and be like “hey guys I heard you love watermelon” as an introduction.

It means I’m not crying about the stupid Mexican looking cartoons companies/ clubs draw to bring people in for taco Tuesday that **** is racist I don’t got no damn moustache or sombrero on b...can we have Watermelon Wednesday’s? hell na because there will be a 50 page thread about it lol

I worked at the United States post office before guess what my coworkers were 97% black..I would go to lunch just in conversation people would ask what I ate or see me at lunch and I’m munching on Popeyes...am I racist Hell no I like fried chicken with honey and hot sauce never once was I looked at crazy...they would tell me That they love tacos...but did I call them stupid for offending me lmao do you see we’re talking about food, sharing food I would smack myself before I called someone racist or stupid over food

I don’t get it, I need there to be something more racist for this to be considered racist...if he brought some regular chicken cutlets y’all would be complaining about no seasoning lmao

He brought food to his new crew and they turned on him...he won’t get his job back most likely because he was probation period and now it will be hard to find a other job but he probably deserved it right cause of the delicious devil the watermelon

If he did something racist then I got no problem with him getting fired but all because of a watermelon *****

i hate watermelon
i few months ago a mexican co-worker
was eating watermelon in the break room
and offered me and another black co-worker some
and was legit-ly confused when i told him i didn't like watermelon :smh:

Back
Top Bottom