Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

If the same statement was said but black instead of white then all hell would break loose.

2448bvqjpg.gif

camby.png

If the same statement was said but black instead of white then all hell would break loose.
Context matters.

If we substitute "men" for "women" in Oprah Winfrey's Golden Globes speech, you'd have the following: "For too long, men have not been heard or believed if they dare speak the truth to the power of those women. But their time is up. Their time is up."

Were you to change the speech in that way, it would no longer describe reality. The meaning changes. Instead of challenging sexism and male dominance, the statement appears to reinforce them - and comes across as a threat to the proportionally few women currently in positions of relative power.

Does that mean that Oprah's speech was sexist? Of course not. The entire point was to oppose sexism. To interpret it otherwise would require total obliviousness to context.

There's a world of difference between prohibiting forum users from expressing racist or sexist beliefs and prohibiting users from criticizing racist or sexist beliefs.

Arming teachers doesn't seem to be the answer. Do parents really want their kids to get caught in the cross-fire? You can bet students will also try and get a hold of the gun as well. Maybe as prank. Who knows.

think da idea is to dissuade a would be shooter to prey on a school being a gun free zone as being a easy target.

Yeah I don't see it being much of a deterrent. These cowards enter the situation knowing they're either killing themselves or going out in some sort of blaze of glory shootout.

I doubt 60 year old Miss Tingle's revolver is gonna change anything.

Only a matter of time before a kid gets a hold of it or a teacher fires off a warning shot when her class gets too rowdy. Just gonna create more problems IMO.

All those cases of trained police officers shooting unarmed people, accidental discharges, ... but middle aged teachers are supposed to save the day with a firearm in a crisis scenario in a school building full of kids/teens
Ridiculous

Context matters.

If we substitute "men" for "women" in Oprah Winfrey's Golden Globes speech, you'd have the following: "For too long, men have not been heard or believed if they dare speak the truth to the power of those women. But their time is up. Their time is up."

Were you to change the speech in that way, it would no longer describe reality. The meaning changes. Instead of challenging sexism and male dominance, the statement appears to reinforce them - and comes across as a threat to the proportionally few women currently in positions of relative power.

Does that mean that Oprah's speech was sexist? Of course not. The entire point was to oppose sexism. To interpret it otherwise would require total obliviousness to context.

There's a world of difference between prohibiting forum users from expressing racist or sexist beliefs and prohibiting users from criticizing racist or sexist beliefs.

thats fair... that said, what would be crossing da line for bashing white folks for you here?

something can be done, only by the white population, since apparently they run the majority of the states. good whites can fix bad whites. The day I see minoririties as majorities would be close to 2050
35AD308C-2B4C-46F8-9A8D-2BA9CD255A66.png

its like a revolving circle

schools and virtually all spaces or venues etc., should pretty much hire armed guards or private ones.

it’s just that the general overall population outnumber the supply of guards or police. and costs will multiply.

so if we self-police or arm and protect ourselves yes we will be safer.

the matter would be trust. like it always is in any matter. who can u trust to defend you or others. there are straight minded people and not.

its like a revolving circle

schools and virtually all spaces or venues etc., should pretty much hire armed guards or private ones.

it’s just that the general overall population outnumber the supply of guards or police. and costs will multiply.

so if we self-police or arm and protect ourselves yes we will be safer.

the matter would be trust. like it always is in any matter. who can u trust to defend you or others. there are straight minded people and not.

It's crazy to think we're coming to this as a country, turning our schools into Fort Knox because young men want to come in and butcher innocent children. What a pathetic species we are.

Arming teachers isn't the answer.

Look at the teachers that can't stop having sex with the students or the sexual harassment cases.

What about the vids of teachers choking out students or throwing tables and chairs at them?

We supposed to trust these people with guns?

If you refuse to recognize white privilege you are inherently racist....end of story, I suggest you stop now before you expose yourself further

Arming teachers isn’t a bad idea because “teachers are bad too”, it’s bad because people are seriously considering that the answer to solving gun violence is to add more gun into the mix. I read this first thinking it was a meme/joke..... it’s not..... “my house is on fire, let me add more fire. It will make the previous fire go away” lol. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode of when they dug a hole so big they finally realized they couldn’t climb out and the perposed solution was to DIG UP.

I’m not on here nearly as much anymore but these recent events have made me legitimately angry. Seeming some of the response in here don’t help either.

The “home defense” argument is particularly dumb. Guns are NOT defensive, they’re offensive. You want to defend your home you make it a non target or at least a harder target. Get better locks, bar the windows, install sensor flood lights, visible cameras, or get a dog. You put up deterrents. If I have a gun in my house 1, most crimes will take place when you’re NOT HOME 2, you’re more likely to shoot your own kid or a bystander than the target 3, if you’re colored the cops will come and shoot you anyway. People thinking some video game shoot out will take place and then they go back to work the next day LOL.

Back
Top Bottom