Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

you dont get to dictate what luxuries other people indulge in as long as theyre legal. and the very small fraction of americans ur talking about that are inconvenienced, are an overwhelmingly larger percent of people than those negatively impacted by ARs. and, lets call a spade a spade. NOBODY needs a AR to hunt with.

EXACTLY. thats just some BS

Gun owner inconvenience = losing out on 1500-1600 ( I’m sure someone will say they dropped much more but whatever)

Other side inconvenience = dead child

Cmon

Well, this all went a lot better than I thought it would. Think we reached the point of exhaustion

Lol yeah, I won’t a false equivalence argument into the mix.

You keep taking yourself as the norm or even the average owner. Based on what we’ve seen that’s not the case. You need to take yourself out of the equation
im really not far off from the normal gun owner. i lean more left in my political views but thats about it. look at it numbers wise. theres 300+ million in circulation. they say we average (typically, this year been crazy) a school shooting a week. 52 school shootings a year right? lets take it further, there are typically 50k gun deaths per year.. including ALL guns and suicide. 50k deaths out of 300+ million guns. yes..... it is safe to safe most gun owners arent crazy.

Y'all need to stop hiding behind population numbers and percentages

If you could prevent even 1 deaths by giving up your gun why wouldn't you?

hate to agree with a gooner but my man is 100% correct here.

I will never understand how someone can be so selfish as to hide behind an amendment when it comes to saving a life.

Far from a reach, one side wants stricter gun laws and a possible ban on assault riffles for civilians, not because we are hating or jealous, but solely because of the carnage they’ve caused in the past years and with the incresasing frequency at which they are happening, the other sides argument is well I like guns, I like shooting them, there is a sliiighhhtttttt chance gun wielding thieves might break into my home at which point my AR will be locked and loaded underneath my pillow so that I can defend myself....with that in mind, I really don’t care how Many schools get shot up.

What law is essentially fair? It’s against the law to have sex with kids. Some people (white christian males) like to do that. Is that law fair to them?

There’s nothing fair about laws
But somehow my Tornado analogy was of the Devil.
You're a wild one :evil:

Far from a reach, one side wants stricter gun laws and a possible ban on assault riffles for civilians, not because we are hating or jealous, but solely because of the carnage they’ve caused in the past years and with the incresasing frequency at which they are happening, the other sides argument is well I like guns, I like shooting them, there is a sliiighhhtttttt chance gun wielding thieves might break into my home at which point my AR will be locked and loaded underneath my pillow so that I can defend myself....with that in mind, I really don’t care how Many schools get shot up.

so when the next VT happens with handguns what is the argument? or the next columbine? or 2 of the 4 prevented shootings just last week are using handguns and shotguns instead... what is the argument? the point is.... the type of gun used isnt and has never been the problem. the gun predates the "increasing frequency." and isnt even the tool of choice for this as backed up by years and years and years of data. both sides have said theyre ok with stricter gun laws. the ban is where two sides disagree.

as for that slight chance of armed break ins... those happen daily. the odds of an armed break in are a lot higher than the odds of a school shooting. even in THIS climate. and, i myself have been on the receiving end of a "someone is in the house" call just last year.

Man quick funny story though.
I'm at the Dealership today and when I come in there is an email from a young lady saying 'I will never buy another car from your establishment. Only days after Florida shootings, the owner of your dealership makes a Youtube Video showing his accessory cases and compartments that are available for his Ford Truck......yada yada yda....I'm so outraged"

So she sends me the link, I click it, and this man is doing a full on walkaround on these accessories with the AR15 in hand, shwoing how it fits into the Truck etc etc, I fell out, I thought the lady had mistaken my Dealer for another but no sir, it was him.........I think he's an idiot.
Not for owning the gun or doing the Video, but the timing of it.
That will hurt business just a tad.
3 ppl who would normally buy cars at the Dealership, no longer will.
Cold Cold world man.

Man quick funny story though.
I'm at the Dealership today and when I come in there is an email from a young lady saying 'I will never buy another car from your establishment. Only days after Florida shootings, the owner of your dealership makes a Youtube Video showing his accessory cases and compartments that are available for his Ford Truck......yada yada yda....I'm so outraged"

So she sends me the link, I click it, and this man is doing a full on walkaround on these accessories with the AR15 in hand, shwoing how it fits into the Truck..........I think he's an idiot.
Not for owning the gun or doing the Video, but the timing of it.
That will hurt business just a tad.
3 ppl who would normally buy cars at the Dealership, no longer will.
Cold Cold world man.

hes definitely a good ol boy idiot. JBL had a similar goof during allstar weekend. they aired their commercial of people thinking there was an active shooter in a convenience store, i was like WTF someone shouldve pulled that commercial!

they had to make special cartridges to make the ar deer hunting friendly...that should tell you something...

"The AR-15 platform has been around for more than 50 years, but only recently has it really moved into the deer hunting arena. This is due to modern bullet technology and a new crop of AR-15 compatible cartridges. Here’s a look at seven good deer hunting cartridges for the AR-15."

wow :smh:

You do realize more people die in violent home invasion robberies than die in mass school shootings right?

It's a multi sided argument. I own guns and support restrictions, evaluations, further background probes, etc. It's the two far opposing ends that seem to be the most vocal and argue ad nauseam about why the other end is dumb. The people in the middle just kinda get forgotten about.

I had a short conversation with someone in here who is very against guns and dude even said he saw the logic behind my stance. The most vocal people in American politics and national conversation, particularly online and pushed in media, seem to have evolved way into this weird all or nothing mindset. I saw people in here saying "life for possession of a firearm" seemed like a good idea completely ignoring the reality of what that would bring.

I agree we need to figure out how to make these events as rare as humanly possible but the two far sides I feel are part of the reason why we're seeing no actual action taken. Well that and money.

so when the next VT happens with handguns what is the argument? or the next columbine? or 2 of the 4 prevented shootings just last week are using handguns and shotguns instead... what is the argument? the point is.... the type of gun used isnt and has never been the problem. the gun predates the "increasing frequency." and isnt even the tool of choice for this as backed up by years and years and years of data. both sides have said theyre ok with stricter gun laws. the ban is where two sides disagree.

as for that slight chance of armed break ins... those happen daily. the odds of an armed break in are a lot higher than the odds of a school shooting. even in THIS climate. and, i myself have been on the receiving end of a "someone is in the house" call just last year.

Expecting shootings to cease immediately is ridiculous! NOONE is expecting that type of change, but that doesn’t mean we can’t try, specially when the idea of a civilian owning an AR is nothing but a luxury...literally no NEED for it, anymore than I like to collect toys....if taking away your prescious assault weapon brings such misery to your life, you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

You do realize more people die in violent home invasion robberies than die in mass school shootings right?

Here is my thought, thieves break into your home with guns, how exactly is your locked away AR unloaded with a clip locked in another safe, assuming you are such a responsible gun owner and practice that type of safety, how is that inaccessibility to your weapon would prevent the outcome? Unless that gun is locked, loaded and ready to blast off I don’t see how is relevant in a home invasion, is not like thieves break in allow you to grab your gun and challenge you to a gun fight

Here is my thought, thieves break into your home with guns, how exactly is your locked away AR unloaded with a clip locked in another safe, assuming you are such a responsible gun owner and practice that type of safety, how is that inaccessibility to your weapon would prevent the outcome? Unless that gun is locked, loaded and ready to blast off I don’t see how is relevant in a home invasion, is not like thieves break in allow you to grab your gun and challenge you to a gun fight

wth. who keeps their gun and ammo locked away in two different safes? how is that practicing safety? thats practicing stupidity. lmaoooooooooo. ARs are probably stored mag in, but not one in the chamber. how ridiculous to keep the ammo in a separate SAFE. so u want people to need to wake up out of their sleep and open two safes before they can protect themselves?

Once that idea of home protection is debunked you are left with hunting, which holds 0 weight in contrast to what’s going on now, because everyone else that conceal carries is not walking around with an assault rifle tucked under their shirts and at this point I don’t really have an issue with civilians carrying legally acquired handguns, as in the street the idea that your gun may save your life holds MUCH more weight than anything else ya spitting....however bringing more guns of any kind into a school within proximity of children IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Once that idea of home protection is debunked you are left with hunting, which holds 0 weight in contrast to what’s going on now, because everyone else that conceal carries is not walking around with an assault rifle tucked under their shirts and at this point I don’t really have an issue with civilians carrying legally acquired handguns, as in the street the idea that your gun may save your life holds MUCH more weight than anything else ya spitting....however bringing more guns of any kind into a school within proximity of children IS NOT THE ANSWER.

bro. all due respect. wth r u talking about? once the idea of home protection is debunked? u havent debunked it. u just randomly said whats the point of keeping an AR for home protection when you keep it and its ammunition locked in two different safes. which makes no sense cuz NOBODY has said they would do something so stupid. IIRC there is a home break-in every 7 minutes in the US. If you call that an "idea" or something you debunked then we have different definitions. ARs CAN be used for hunting but lets just be serious here that is not the reason most people have ARs.

edit: just checked, in 39% of all home invasion robberies, the robber is armed. 39%. its more common than u think man

wth. who keeps their gun and ammo locked away in two different safes? how is that practicing safety? thats practicing stupidity. lmaoooooooooo. ARs are probably stored mag in, but not one in the chamber. how ridiculous to keep the ammo in a separate SAFE. so u want people to need to wake up out of their sleep and open two safes before they can protect themselves?

Are you really that afraid of people breaking into your home in the middle of the night? :lol:

Ohh so you just keep a weapon of this caliber ready by your nightstand, behind the fridge, in the coat closet, got it...sounds super safe

I have a kid, I keep my long mags locked away from my rifle which is cable locked. I've taught her plenty of gun safety but accidents happen.

I also have an alarm though lol

Defending your home against an intruder with a rifle is very impractical and actually creates an unnecessary danger via wall penetration + hurting your ears.

Are you really that afraid of people breaking into your home in the middle of the night? :lol:

Is a bull**** excuse to justify their lack of empathy....lol

I would respect it more if these cats would be 100 with it and tell it how it is, “I don’t care how many kids die, this my gun and I like shooting it and I won’t sacrifice that luxury”

you dont get to dictate what luxuries other people indulge in as long as theyre legal. and the very small fraction of americans ur talking about that are inconvenienced, are an overwhelmingly larger percent of people than those negatively impacted by ARs. and, lets call a spade a spade. NOBODY needs a AR to hunt with.

EXACTLY. thats just some BS

This reads as the pleasure of these gun owners is more important than those lives lost because the number of people who own ARs is greater than the number of those killed by ARs.

Will concede I may be misinterpreting.
Do you factor in those killed, their families, AND their friends (neighbors, church members or whatever)? Even if the number is still far less than number of gun owners, how do you determine how many happy gun owners equals to 1 dead child (or any civilians killed in similar situations)?

Seems like you’re saying it’s not that many people killed by these type of guns so it’s okay.

Back
Top Bottom