FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The few times I've been to Buffalo Wild Wings, I always smile when I use the "foot thing" to open their bathroom door. I wonder why most places don't have that...

Don't know how to say it more politely, but in my experience, all the non-hand washers are all non-minorities young & old. :stoneface: A good portion of them are the bearded hipsters with their skinny fit pants/jeans... I really don't like shaking peoples hands anymore to be honest.

I did some research on it and, apparently, the odds of getting sick from germs on a door handle or even a toilet seat are quite low. That said, not washing hands after going to the bathroom - 1 or 2 - is disgusting and unacceptable.

I did some research on it and, apparently, the odds of getting sick from germs on a door handle or even a toilet seat are quite low. That said, not washing hands after going to the bathroom - 1 or 2 - is disgusting and unacceptable.
Hah? Everything I've ever read suggests otherwise. Like this CBS post from 2014 that cited a CDC study at the time. There is a lot of data out there that points to germs being spread to widely in public...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/one-germy-doorknob-can-infect-half-your-office-within-hours/

Researchers applied samples of a virus to surfaces such as doorknobs and tabletops and found that, within two to four hours, the virus had been picked up by 40 to 60 percent of workers and visitors in the facilities and could be detected on many commonly touched objects.

^^^ Interesting. I can’t recall the source of what I read, but I’ll go ahead and defer to the CDC :nerd:

From the Met's stadium from the front page of ESPN's site linking to that story I think... Ya'll going to these sporting events is funny... Especially niffle games (what I call nfl)... Ya'll spend 3 1/2 hours to watch 11 mins of actual game play. Them dudes are standing around most of the time for TV timeouts & what not & they still call time outs... :rofl:And to boot, you call it "football"....

i

From the Met's stadium from the front page of ESPN's site linking to that story I think... Ya'll going to these sporting events is funny... Especially niffle games (what I call nfl)... Ya'll spend 3 1/2 hours to watch 11 mins of actual game play. Them dudes are standing around most of the time for TV timeouts & what not & they still call time outs... :rofl:And to boot, you call it "football"....

i

I try to eat before or after, food is just too marked up for me at thesw games

Concession stands ain’t what you want

Most of the sports venues in LA (Staples, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium) in recent years have partnered with actual restaurants/chefs to offer better stuff than just the usual stadium fare like hot dogs and nachos. It’s a better class of food than typical concessions, but still wildly overpriced for what you get.

Outside of the US Open (because I was there all day) and Wrestlemania (because it's like 8 hours), I can't remember the last time I bought food at a sporting event. Always eat before or after.

Never bought food at a game...if it aint free, I'm eating before or after

I used to mess with a chick that had the hookup on suites at Camden Yards...aint eem watch the game just enjoyed all the free food and drink, it was a quality spread :pimp:

Went to nationals park once, don't remember who the nats played or if they even won but I remember the food. It was great, especially compared to that dump FedEx field and the food they serve.

This may be a personal thing, but it is odd to me to put salad next to hot food.

Whenever I have a salad it is in a separate bowl.

One of my god kids (I have 6), has allergies to peanuts, most fruits, tomato, & dairy... There are so many things he can't eat. Makes me so sad for him but he's so chill about it. The great thing is there are a lot of products nowadays to replace those things that are tasty.
Damn how does that work?

Last edited:
This may be a personal thing, but it is odd to me to put salad next to hot food.

Whenever I have a salad it is in a separate bowl.

I’m with you. I don’t like my salad to get warm. I don’t always put it in a separate dish though. I just make sure it’s not touching the hot food.

Yo frshstunna frshstunna , they got shrimp “yak” or “yakamee” down in the ATL? We introduced my son to it a while ago & got him some the other day from a place everyone calls the Red Door on Hillen Rd... The actual name of the place is Wing Wah carry out... :lol: For years my wife had no idea what the actual name of the place was bcs everyone called it Red Door bcs it had a red door...

Back
Top Bottom