FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Wife’s baked BBQ chicken with greens & corn (butter & old bay on top).
2D60D5A0-8667-4F0E-BEEF-3D30A292A2E4.jpeg

Neighbor had us over for dinner which I was happy about bcs he’d been smoking these ribs & bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers all day. Kept smelling that goodness all day...
BA00E26E-A12D-480B-A877-A267EDD6603E.jpeg

ED94B9EE-6ACA-4FC6-A02B-B02888B1A0BC.jpeg

basically...

bought the beyond meat burger. haven't tried it yet...will post when i do...the porkless bites were "gardein" brand...never seen the "impossible foods" brand though...
I’m very familiar with gardein. Had it too much growing up so I don’t care for it anymore.

Man, I hope I have cool neighbors whenever we buy a house.

Feels like everyone keeps to themselves and don't even say 'hi' when they drive by.

Nice ABTs up there. Going to do some smoking this weekend, debating on pork belly burnt ends, abts, and/or moinkballs. Not sure how much time i want to spend prepping. :lol:

Nice, I love Glendale .
Super laid back and about 15-20 mins from downtown LA. Still learning my way around LA. if you have any cool food places are things to see/do let me know. We have a car so we can get to anywhere. We took the back roads to Malibu beach and I was blown away by some of the homes I saw.

Man, I hope I have cool neighbors whenever we buy a house.

Feels like everyone keeps to themselves and don't even say 'hi' when they drive by.

Yeah we chill with the neighbors a lot when their schedule allows. Our dogs love playing together & come Halloween, we set up shop in the common area with 2 fire pits handing out candy. We have a buffet table with chili, buffalo wings, cold beer, wine, etc.

We eat crabs & steamed shrimp all summer & fall. And to top it off for the last 4 years we do a giant Friendsgiving at the halfway mark after thanksgiving & before Christmas where everyone brings dishes, wine, beer... last one was the best yet. Small turkey, ham (with the cherry/pineapple criss cross cut with the cloves pushed in), roast beef...

I’ll be sad if they ever move...

Last edited:
I miss Little Lucca.

I realized I gained a lot of weight when I lived in the SF Bay Area. Good percentage of my money went to buying food lol.

Saw Eddie Huang's IG story yesterday he went to Little Lucca near SF. Just my luck there is a closer one in Burlingame. Their sandwiches are huge. It gets messy as it has two sauces/spread, hot pepper and garlic, in addition to mayo and mustard.
20180523_142215.jpg
20180523_142254.jpg

Looks great

Super laid back and about 15-20 mins from downtown LA. Still learning my way around LA. if you have any cool food places are things to see/do let me know. We have a car so we can get to anywhere. We took the back roads to Malibu beach and I was blown away by some of the homes I saw.
HOWLIN RAYS :smile:

Befriended a taxi driver, dude took me to mad places today. Seen 7 waterfalls, fed some lil monkeys and they were climbing on my shoulder, and took a boat ride to see a grip of eagles scooping fish out the river that leads to the Indian ocean. Man took me to a seafood restaurant to break our fast

Chilli crab, sweet and sour fish, oatmeal prawn, fried rice and veggies. Coconut juice.
IMG_20180524_204401.jpg

IMG_20180524_204353.jpg

3.90USD

Befriended a taxi driver, dude took me to mad places today. Seen 7 waterfalls, fed some lil monkeys and they were climbing on my shoulder, and took a boat ride to see a grip of eagles scooping fish out the river that leads to the Indian ocean. Man took me to a seafood restaurant to break our fast

Chilli crab, sweet and sour fish, oatmeal prawn, fried rice and veggies. Coconut juice.
IMG_20180524_204401.jpg

IMG_20180524_204353.jpg

3.90USD
As in 3 bucks and 90 cents?

Put me on , flight, hotel , city

My man has the tunes up too. On road bumping Prince.

I'm staying in Kuala Lumpur, but this was in the sticks like 60-70km outside in Kuala Selangor. KL is cheap, but outside the city is even cheaper. 1usd=~4MYR so it goes a long way.

I took a Grab yesterday, which is their Uber, for a 30km ride (about 18miles) and paid ~6usd

Back
Top Bottom