FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20230330_223859.jpg
20230330_223829.jpg
20230330_223902.jpg

Pepper is overrated.

It's cheating. You don't have to think about a flavor profile, which seasonings go together (basil & oregano) and which don't (cumin & dill). If you're throwing pepper on, that's it. Salt & pepper: done. It's cheating, and pepper is so strong is overpowers whatever you're throwing it on, anyways. "Cooked these beans a little too long. Throw some pepper in there and we're good."

Good morning.

Yea nobody uses pepper in that sense.
Stop trying to find ways to vilify The Peppers.
Pepper is overrated.

It's cheating. You don't have to think about a flavor profile, which seasonings go together (basil & oregano) and which don't (cumin & dill). If you're throwing pepper on, that's it. Salt & pepper: done. It's cheating, and pepper is so strong is overpowers whatever you're throwing it on, anyways. "Cooked these beans a little too long. Throw some pepper in there and we're good."

Good morning.

I mean I have pepper, but it's easily, EASILY the least used of all my spices. Steak and beans, pretty much the only things I always use pepper for, and it's not much. Few cracks and that's it.

It doesn't actually enhance flavor like garlic does.

I enjoy pepper on most things, including eggs.

But there is a fine line between peppered and over peppered. In MY opinion

Pepper is overrated.

Good morning.

youre-sogood-analyze-this.gif

pepper on pizza is just peppering to pepper and sorta part of the point Ska was trying to make :lol:

hot sauce on the other hand...a must with certain pizzas

I enjoy the visuals of black peppers. So that might be why I really do it on pizza. But I do enjoy the taste.

Crushed Red
Black Pepper
Hot Sauce

Back
Top Bottom