For real is weezy a top ten rapper already?

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by M16

NO.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
you can't name 50 rappers better than wayne
1.BIG
2.Pac
3.Jay
4.Nas
5.Pun
6.Big L
7.Ghostface
8.Kool G Rap
9.Redman
10.Mos Def
11.GZA
12.Method Man
13.Rakim
14.Jadakiss
15.Styles P.
16.Eminem
17.Scarface
18.Ice Cube
19.MF Doom
20.Raekwon
21.Lupe
22.Masta Ace
23.Andre 3000
24.Pharoahe Monch
25.Q-Tip
26.Black Thought
27.Busta Rhymes
28.Common
29.Posdnous of De La Soul
30.KRS One
31.Beanie Sigel
32.Cam'Ron
33.Murs
34.Royce Da 5'9"
35.Joe Budden
36.Pharoahe Monch
37.Big Boi
38.Raekwon
39.Big Daddy Kane
40.Phonte
41.Bun-B
42.Chuck D
43.Sean Price
44.Buckshot
45.Slick Rick
46.Elzhi of Slum Village
47.Starang of OGC/BCC
48.AZ
49.Curren$y
50.Freeway

There you go
happy.gif

lmao.... its true tho

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

his swagger is on another level and one of the most important features to to being a legendary rapper is to have impeccable swagger which he has.
Really? Since when?

since these freakin' teenagers started worrying more about style and all that crap than lyrics and the actuality of Hip-Hop

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

his swagger is on another level and one of the most important features to to being a legendary rapper is to have impeccable swagger which he has.
Really? Since when?
since these freakin' teenagers started worrying more about style and all that crap than lyrics and the actuality of Hip-Hop

Joell ortiz states this in every interview..... everyone worried about swagger and overlooking lyricism.

part of my definition of a rapper just doesnt include lyrics but swagger,attitude,personality,intelligence, instant voice recognition,etc even though that mayclassify a rapper to an entertainer for some of you. But a rapper needs to have it besides lyrics for me. people like pac nas and hov have all those aspects imtalkin bout

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by YardFather

Wayne isn't even top 10 from the South.
laugh.gif
leave NT.. ima PM Method Man to get u outt here ASAP
Scarface
Bun-B
Pimp C
TI
Big Boi
Andre 3000
T.I.
Cee-Lo
8Ball
Juvenile
Project Pat
Killer Mike
Fiend
Luda
Witchdoctor
Z-Ro
Little Brother

Need I go on?

#%%# until you know what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by chitown85

part of my definition of a rapper just doesnt include lyrics but swagger,attitude,personality,intelligence, instant voice recognition,etc even though that may classify a rapper to an entertainer for some of you. But a rapper needs to have it besides lyrics for me. people like pac nas and hov have all those aspects im talkin bout
Where's Waynes? Dude used to be quick and smart, but now.... those drugs done something to him. And btw, your voice doesnt make you smarter,dumber, more aware or anything that has to do with being a rapper.
Swagger =/= skill. The dude chillin on the corner can have more swag than Wayne, Jigga, Timberlake and Denzel combined, but not be able to rap worth %%*@.
What you consider a great rapper, is what most people consider an entertainer. You DO need to be entertaining to be a rapper, but you cant be a sideshow toyour own act. Thats what Lil Wayne is. A sideshow to himself.
Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

Really? Since when?
Joell ortiz states this in every interview..... everyone worried about swagger and overlooking lyricism.

America is full of idiots, who make Wayne popular. They think that because he raps something so incomprehensible that rhymes, he's a genius.(Not calling everybody in this thread an idiot, there are a few, but not everyone)

In short, Wayne doesnt even scratch the surface of the Hall of GOATS.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ you. You're a dipset fan. So it's obvious you aren't afan of good lyrics period.

Hell outta here.

laugh.gif
Scarface
Bun-B
Pimp C
TI
Big Boi
Andre 3000
T.I.
Cee-Lo
8Ball
Juvenile
Project Pat
Killer Mike
Fiend
Luda
Witchdoctor
Z-Ro
Little Brother

Need I go on?

lol you put T.I. twice. How are you saying Z-Ro is better than lil wayne? Forreal who the F is Z-Ro in rap?
But really though about 90% of your list doesn't even put any new stuff out...

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

laugh.gif
Scarface
Bun-B
Pimp C
TI
Big Boi
Andre 3000
T.I.
Cee-Lo
8Ball
Juvenile
Project Pat
Killer Mike
Fiend
Luda
Witchdoctor
Z-Ro
Little Brother

Need I go on?

lol you put T.I. twice. How are you saying Z-Ro is better than lil wayne? Forreal who the F is Z-Ro in rap?
But really though about 90% of your list doesn't even put any new stuff out...

^ co-sign
laugh.gif
+ Witchdoctor, Fiend are def homeless bums that prob spitrhymes on the blocks on Georgia. There never gonna get any National attention. Lil Wayne is not better than 8ball?..........
grin.gif
( Lyrically, Swagger, & Singles+albums?!?!!?) ahh man NIKETALK really hassome " interesting" people. & wait Project Pat > Weezy?!!??!? hahahahahahahha NO!LEAVE NT! but its your opinion so, it is what it is.

i cant say top 10 all time but wayne put in some work.....he has many GREAT tracks and many not so great....i guess you can fault him because a lot of his goodstuff leaked but if it never did and it just came out on albums then this argument wouldnt be going on......If you take some of the songs that leaked plusdrought is over 3 & 4 and put it on one 15 track album then you would have a classic....idc what anybody says

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ you. You're a dipset fan. So it's obvious you aren't a fan of good lyrics period.

Hell outta here.

Let me understand you for just a moment..................................... So... Um... Your saying that Cam And/or Juelz Dont spit Jaw- Droppinglyrics?!?!......
Uh uh aiyyo street mergers I legislated
The nerve I never hated
On murders pre-meditated
Absurd I hesitated
Observe @#@# and spray
Hit you from a block away
Drinking Sake on a Suzuki, we in Osaka Bay
Playing soccer stupid stay in a sucker's place
Pluck ya ace take ya girl ^%#^ her face
She dealing with Killa so you love her taste
She swallowing Killa cause she love the taste
I got brought up with crooking
Kitchen orders that I'm cooking
But got caught up with the chicks who really thought I wasn't from Brooklyn
It gets boring just looking
I feel like Bill Cosby pouring in the pudding
Now the dashboard is wooden from a hard tangled grammar
Interior inferior star-spangled banner
Car game bananas
Ma man and Tana
Guns everywhere like the car came with hammers
He's back
eek.gif
+
embarassed.gif

Real !$@&$ I Just Cant Be Fake Fake *#!*** They Just Cant Be Real
Hot Boy I Just Cant Be Chilled So Hot Ima Walking Kettle
Man These &%&#@ couldn't Get On My Level They Never Could
All White Phantom Directed In Thru Da Hood
Real Soft Leather My Dash Is Cherry Wood
Big Four 5th Thats Workin Very Good
Got A Driver Named Wood Drow Opens Da Door Sui-cidal
He Holds Tha Unbrella I Hops Out Da Back
And Tell Rosa Parks Were I Sat
Ima Dog But Im Like A Cat To A Rat If He Don't Run He Get Scratch Rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaoooooo
And When It Comes To That 4 Stain Im Like Old Skool Harlem *@% That Rich Port Thang I Gave Him That I Gave Him Crack Know Its Time To Introduce Him To Morphine
You Playin With Tha Wrong One My Mama Had 4 Boys You Playing With The Wrong Son
They Say Ladies Love Cool J Well Tha J is for Juelz And Ladies Love Me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

i cant say top 10 all time but wayne put in some work.....he has many GREAT tracks and many not so great....i guess you can fault him because a lot of his good stuff leaked but if it never did and it just came out on albums then this argument wouldnt be going on......If you take some of the songs that leaked plus drought is over 3 & 4 and put it on one 15 track album then you would have a classic....idc what anybody says
^ agreed
glasses.gif

You know what their wasn't hate for this guy when the squad up tapes and the carter 1 & 2 was out he was getting praised, and he deserved it dude waskilling it.....c2 is classic to me bump it all the way through.....I think what makes people not like the guy is his stans, not his talent.....he is clearlynot top ten though, top 50 yes, top ten Is only for legends.....and some of these lists are suspect as hell

PAC

Big

Nas

Jay

Scarface

Andre 3000

Snoop

Cube

Common

Bun b

Originally Posted by travman24

No, his music is not timeless. Really not a lot of replay value. Doesn't have a classic album. Like I said in another thread he's just populaur among women & children.

No hate btw

I think the Carter 2 is almost a timeless album. That was his best body of work today. The carter 3 was a commercial success because it was commercial. Hell some of his mixapes leading up to the Carter 3 were better than the album.

Back
Top Bottom