For real is weezy a top ten rapper already?

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

Originally Posted by chitown85

Honestly to the old school hip hop heads that have been listening to rap since nwa, eric b rakim, pac, biggie, nas illmatic days, etc. do you all think that wayne is top ten of all time at this moment? the more and more i listen to him the more i think he is and i used to not think much of him. his swagger is on another level and one of the most important features to to being a legendary rapper is to have impeccable swagger which he has.

the actual sound of his voice is also incredibly unique a voice that anybody can recognize immediately. also i believe his word play for the most part is great. he says some stuff sometimes that doesnt make sense but i guess he is so lifted he thinks its funny or we just arent on his level of comprehension. anywways id like opinions and if he is a top ten rapper and thoughts on him?

Yea i'd put Lil wayne in my top ten easily!

My list already goes like this

1. 2Pac
2. DMX
3. NaS
4. Notorious Big
5. T.I.
6. Lil Wayne
7. Ja Rule
8. 50 cent
9. Young Buck
10. Nip$ey Hussle

These are the most heavily bumped rappers on my iPod. I listen to more music and other genre's. But lately I'm addicted to Weezy, his sound is unique I like it. *beastmode*
devil.gif

This is some funny #@#, i mean come on man i like young buck and t.i but for real though, top 10 all time? thats laughable. Buck is no where near top 50 andnipssey hussle is garbage.

his swagger is on another level and one of the most important features to to being a legendary rapper is to have impeccable swagger which he has.
Really? Since when?

All the true great rappers have a swagger about them that is above the rest. And deep down lil wayne has that. he has that deep down feeling htat he knows heis great. And what is considered great or "popular" to the masses means absolutely nothing

Wayne does not make the top 50 rappers, not now and not ever. Son is an average rapper at best, have no idea how he blew up the way he did with those terriblerhymes and annoying sounds
indifferent.gif

wayne was def in top ten til he started doing that mumbling #!%*.

i remember when he'd kill it on a feature, then kill it on a feature, then kill it on a feature. now he has some features where he didn't make the songany better.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Wayne made "bling bling"

other than that hes only been relevant for 2 years to the masses, and with that said... who are the masses?
the masses must = you or the closed minded people in the Republic of New York that haven't really given the South any credit ever...

b/c he has been selling gold/platinum albums since he was 17 and he like 26 now
laugh.gif
. throw in his mixtape circuit from squad until now, and I'm kinda lost with your statement

with wayne its real simple ... the haters dont give him enough credit and his fans give him way too much credit ... i listen to his music just as much as anyother "great" but i recognize that he just doesnt have that top 10 ability ... he can go in on any track though

Everyone fails to see the distinction between what Wayne does and every other rapper. Wayne is the KING of IGNORANT rap. His status when it comes to IGNORANTrap is untouchable. Now when you compare him to artists such as a Nas and a Rakim, Wayne winds up looking stupid because hes trying to be ignorant in his rapswhile these other guys are focusing on being conscious.

Originally Posted by zube42

1.BIG
2.Pac
3.Jay
4.Nas
5.Pun
6.Big L
7.Ghostface
8.Kool G Rap
9.Redman
10.Mos Def
11.GZA
12.Method Man
13.Rakim
14.Jadakiss
15.Styles P.
16.Eminem
17.Scarface
18.Ice Cube
19.MF Doom
20.Raekwon
21.Lupe
22.Masta Ace
23.Andre 3000
24.Pharoahe Monch
25.Q-Tip
26.Black Thought
27.Busta Rhymes
28.Common
29.Posdnous of De La Soul
30.KRS One
31.Beanie Sigel
32.Cam'Ron
33.Murs
34.Royce Da 5'9"
35.Joe Budden
36.Pharoahe Monch
37.Big Boi
38.Raekwon
39.Big Daddy Kane
40.Phonte
41.Bun-B
42.Chuck D
43.Sean Price
44.Buckshot
45.Slick Rick
46.Elzhi of Slum Village
47.Starang of OGC/BCC
48.AZ
49.Curren$y
50.Freeway

There you go
happy.gif
lol @ Rakim, Kris Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone and Monch being better than Wayne.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

'That Block is Hot' > 'Microphone Fiend'

i mean having nas over jay immediately withdraws the credibility from that list ... then to have em and scarface all the way down at 16 and 17 ... LOL one ofthe worst lists ive ever seen ...

wayne is top 30 at least

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

lol how are you gonna say Camron is better than wayne lmao

Are you joking ? Any single Cam verse off a CoC song>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything to ever come out ofthe entire state of Louisiana.

The Carter albums definitely took Wayne from nowhere near top-50 (pre Carter) to definitely in the discussion of top 50 if not top 25.

Saying he's top 10 is just wrong, and some of these lists in this thread are just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by zube42

1.BIG
2.Pac
3.Jay
4.Nas
5.Pun
6.Big L
7.Ghostface
8.Kool G Rap
9.Redman
10.Mos Def
11.GZA
12.Method Man
13.Rakim
14.Jadakiss
15.Styles P.
16.Eminem
17.Scarface
18.Ice Cube
19.MF Doom
20.Raekwon
21.Lupe
22.Masta Ace
23.Andre 3000
24.Pharoahe Monch
25.Q-Tip
26.Black Thought
27.Busta Rhymes
28.Common
29.Posdnous of De La Soul
30.KRS One
31.Beanie Sigel
32.Cam'Ron
33.Murs
34.Royce Da 5'9"
35.Joe Budden
36.Pharoahe Monch
37.Big Boi
38.Raekwon
39.Big Daddy Kane
40.Phonte
41.Bun-B
42.Chuck D
43.Sean Price
44.Buckshot
45.Slick Rick
46.Elzhi of Slum Village
47.Starang of OGC/BCC
48.AZ
49.Curren$y
50.Freeway

There you go
happy.gif
lol @ Rakim, Kris Reigns Supreme e Over Nearly Everyone and Monch being better than Wayne.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

He's not cracking my top 30.

Originally Posted by dreClark

lol @ Rakim, Kris Reigns Supreme e Over Nearly Everyone and Monch being better than Wayne.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom