For the younger members...

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

wow i really dont need to read this quit trying to act like you run us, you do not no anything about my obsession with jordan so keep this thread where it belongs... at ISS and i knew the question about the shorts so nice try guys:smile:

he's just giving the forum some information. chill.

Quit crying people. I'm almost 28, watched Jordan play during his prime, and Im going to read through them.

Thanks!!

the fact that you are probably well into your 30's and still obsess over what another man wears under his shorts is kind of depressing...i just hope myshoe obsession never leads me to wanna know what kind of underwear somebody wears, just because people didnt grow up watching jordan doesnt mean that they cantlike/buy/wear his shoes and just because you did grow up watching him doesnt make you any more qualified to wear his shoes, after all they are just thatSHOES.......you guys just need to let go of MJs nuts for real

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1128_large.jpg

THANKS MAN A PERSON LIKE ME NEEDED DIS
I ONLY WATCH MIKE LIK IN 95 TILL HE RETIRED (HIS FINAL RETIREMENT)
ALSO WOULD DIS LET ME KNOW Y THE 6'S R CALLED DA CARMINES?

If you really want sharpen your MJ knowledge, 2 words....

AHMAD RASHAD!

POST HI-JACK #1:

-The NBA needs to put NBA INSIDE STUFF on DVD.

-Jordan, LJ, Kemp & Harold Miner used to RULE the Slam of the Week segment!

POST HI-JACK #2:

Steve Nash has nothing on the following in their prime:

Rod Strickland
Tim Hardaway
Mark Price
Kenny Anderson

POST HI-JACK #3:

Marbury's are the NEW EWINGS!

im 16 years old. he wore his unc short under his bulls short and he played with iceman george gervin. and yeah, i got the ultimate jordan dvd collection too.
smile.gif

im still gonna read though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fearthenut

I'm really confused as to what your definition of "younger members" is. are you referring to age or knowledge? because either way you're going to come up empty handed. Specifically "younger" refers to age but what you're referring to is ignorance regarding MJ. It's unfair to make a critical/slandered statement based on hypebeasts, and wannabe popular kids with a fat bankroll. I consider myself "young" in the sense of age (19), but not in the sneaker game or anything regarding jordan's career. the point you're trying to make can't be made. There is a double standard. They'll always be high schoolers looking for the flashiest kicks and no hesitation to buy while older guys gettin into it for $$$ down the road. Anyone reading your message initially thinks any dude without facial hair and a pair of jordans before XVII is some dude lookin to break necks and that's it. Also, just because i never got see MJ play his first time around doesn't mean you automatically have more wisdom and knowledge regarding Jordan. The only impression your "questions" serve as is a slate for you to pick sentences out of a almanac. I get your point but word choice leads to a wrong impression.

you got it right

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Y?
What did Jordan wear under his game shorts while with the bulls his whole career? Don't know, then read up.

I think this is a good idea. I'm 17... and I try to know as much

about Michael and his career as I can, because it helps me

appreciate the shoes that much more! The answer... ^ ... is UNC

practice shorts.

to the younger members: dont let any of these old folks tell you MJ could play today. he could. but he wouldnt dominate. today's NBA is so much moretalented its sickening. so all this flashbacking is kinda pointless. MJ was a media mogul. you understnad? okay next.

the fact that you are probably well into your 30's and still obsess over what another man wears under his shorts is kind of depressing...i just hope my shoe obsession never leads me to wanna know what kind of underwear somebody wears, just because people didnt grow up watching jordan doesnt mean that they cant like/buy/wear his shoes and just because you did grow up watching him doesnt make you any more qualified to wear his shoes, after all they are just that SHOES.......you guys just need to let go of MJs nuts for real

^^how mature is this?
I really don't believe he is trying to belittle anyone by posting this. Unless you lived during the whole Jordan realm one really cannot embrace the excitement and jubilation this man brought to the game. Its about feelings..not facts and trivia. I think he was just trying to get some of the younger guys on this board to see Jordan from the eyes of the media ,who truly loved this man..he could do no wrong back then. I'm 34yo if that matters.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Y?
What did Jordan wear under his game shorts while with the bulls his whole career? Don't know, then read up.
his nc game shorts
im 14 and i know that lol
and i never seen tha first live game with mj in his prime
but i have watched alot of clips on him because i want to be better than him i want to have my name none world wide for being better than jordan

Gevin was on the bulls the year MJ broke his foot and missed most of the season (2nd year in the league). the iceman had faded a lot at that point and gotsuckier as the season went on. He only played a total of 11 min in the 3 game playoff series vs the Celts (MJ scored 63 in game 2).

So yeah, they were teammates but just barely.

I'm a little bitter b/c I got my dad to get bulls tix to a game that year for the first time and then jordan ended up being hurt. it sucked. plus I'mpretty sure I picked a game vs the spurs b/c they had drafted local hero Tyrone Corbin from DePaul...and he didnt even play. 23 years later i'm stillbitter.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Amazing find, 3thaman!

Unfortunately, I highly doubt the majority of the younger members will bother reading anything. I would recommend they find someone who has the Ultimate Jordan DVD set and watch those. It may hold their interest a little longer than SI issues.

I, however, look forward to looking through those old mags and reminiscing.

Thanks for the link!
yeah thanks for the link, i am only 19, but do remember a lot of michael and the legacy from the whole baseball thing on, so should be fun reading someof the articles on him from 84-93.

yes for you youngins lol, the ultimate jordan dvd is a great thing to have

-The NBA needs to put NBA INSIDE STUFF on DVD.
ever since the nba moved from nbc to abc it hasn't been the same, i wish ahmad would still do in game interviews for espn, i remember mycousin use to record nba inside stuff all the time, so its always fun wathching those when you have spare time

it was funny how ahmad called everyon his "main man"

so i have to know about the history of MJ to appreciate his shoes? uhh noo. the reason i "collect" now is cause the shoes i have seen and love arefrom
JB. u make it seem liek just cuzz u don't know the history of something u can't appreciate it. who knows the full history behind a mercedes? no one butwhen they come out with a new car, damn does that ****t look good.

now... personally. my favorite shoes in order are the ... 3, 11, 7, 1, 8, 13

and its because those shoes are incredibly classy. and rock well with anything

i don't need to know about the history of them to appreciate their beauty.

by the way most of the crap Jb has came out with looks ugly as fxck. =|

smh.gif

Not to the thread starter. But to the new-age collectors. You think they would actually spend some time and READ?
laugh.gif
They don't have to, they know it all and know everything there is to know.Right? It sure was different, and better back then. This era ruined everything imo. Music, movies, fashion. Such a dark period.

Might as well add a trivia question as well:

Michael Jordan has a phobia. What is it? Hint: It's blue.
nerd.gif

This may be stupid on my part, but I hate reading. The only time i do it is when i have to in school(graduation june 14th thank you). Surprisingly to methough, a couple of the articles i read were good reads. Im not really a basketball fan, but they were interesting.

thanks for the link. something else to read while i'm at work today.

i'd give anything to see MJ play again. if it wasn't for his airness and legacy, jordan sneakers wouldn't be what they are.

i like these guys getting their panties in a bunch. if it doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it. it's just like rappers calling women%%+*!!@. if you aren't one, don't worry, they aren't talking to you.

at least MEXRFW admits he's a hypebeast.

Back
Top Bottom