For the younger members...

Originally Posted by Irokwel23

typecast3 wrote:
to the younger members: dont let any of these old folks tell you MJ could play today. he could. but he wouldnt dominate. today's NBA is so much more talented its sickening. so all this flashbacking is kinda pointless. MJ was a media mogul. you understnad? okay next.
This right^^^^ here got me heated
mad.gif
This dude is CLUELESS. MJ would Dominate in Era. Period. MJ dominated So many hall of famers its sick. This is when the NBA was defintely more talented and DEFENSE really existed. back then you could check somebody on D with one/two hands then it became only a forearm now you cant breathe on the player with out the refs callin fouls. What has become is a league of Offense and ANYONE can score 30 a night and average 30 plus. Jordan was hitting for 28-30 a night and the leading the league every year. Karl malone and others were a distant second because the NBA was about defense. See the JORDAN RULES.
wink.gif
Besides All his scoring titles MJ was the most thrilling Player in the game ever. His CLUTCH game winning shots are Timeless and just cant be touched by anyone ever.

How Clutch? Think Kobe Multiplied by 1000. MJ Never let us Chicago heads/ Any of his fans down. We could always depend that MJ and the Bulls would Come through and win! Watching him ball was the greatest! Tell Me Please Who is Better than MJ?? Lebron
roll.gif
should already have a few rings and a few MVP's..and Kobe
roll.gif
well he might Never win another ring and MVP? CHRIS PAUL should have won the MVP. Kobe was crying to get out of L.A. earlier this year before the Gasol trade. Almost came to the CHI BULLS. Now the Lakers winning and He is the MVP?
laugh.gif

FYI.. Im 28 and watched MJ beat down the pistons and take they chip. The wars he had againast the Knicks and always dominated. Barkley. Magic. Bird. Reggie. Ewing. GP.Price.Malone.Stockton and the list goes on and on.MJ was the Best EVER. All the basketball connoisseurs know what Im talking about. If you don't believe me Ask Stephen A. Smith fool.
laugh.gif

MJ's phobia is AQUA= Water.

*Who was talkin about they the "Jordan stopper"? and then MJ shot the game winning shot in his Eye to move on the playoffs??

Gerald Wilkins of the Cavs was the Jordan stopper. And you pretty much summed up my feelings about the NBA today. All of those statements were 100%accurate for me. I miss the 90's lol.

Also, people shouldn't get so defensive. He was just trying to give some people some information so if they wanted to learn something about whyall of the older guys expect the best from the brand and why they love the shoes so much people could understand. You by no means have to know why the shoesyou are wearing even exist, but if you are interested then the link provided is a great way to find out. Is he talking to every single young collector outthere? No! But there are more younger collectors out there with lack of knowledge about Jordan than the older guys, which is why the post was originallygeared towards that group. I'm kind of in between at 21 and I know I missed tons of games at the beginning of Jordans career, but I also remember a wholelot of them. I remember watching Come Fly With Me with my brother over and over and over when we were really young (still have it on VHS and of courseUltimate Jordan DVD). I appreciate the post so I can go back and look at some of the stuff I missed at the beginning. I didn't know that the Ice Man wason Jordan's team ever, which is an awesome piece of info, I think. And again, thanks for the link, 3thaman.

I knew this was going to turn into a free for all. Some dudes on NT are so brittle. Thanks 3thaman for the SI links I'm going to have to go through thosesome time.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Originally Posted by typecast3

to the younger members: dont let any of these old folks tell you MJ could play today. he could. but he wouldnt dominate. today's NBA is so much more talented its sickening. so all this flashbacking is kinda pointless. MJ was a media mogul. you understnad? okay next.

WOW!!! That has to be the most ignorant statement I've ever read on NT.

You just proved how little you know, young man.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.
laugh.gif

But typecast, if MJ wouldn't dominate, then scoring 50 points as a Wizard didn't count right? You are one of the reasons why I hate this new generation.

C'mon teenagers. Google it if you may. When is MJ's phobia?

laugh.gif
I'm with you on this one, sickickz23!

Originally Posted by fearthenut

^^^^^ i like how you said you weren't gonna argue with us "preschoolers" after concluding your argument defending yourself....contradictory? My point is that by labeling ignorant and so called "jordan" fans as "younger" members it was just gonna set this up....I'm not "hatin" on you but i do see a lot of quick to judge people and assumption. I just hate to see people assume that just because younger members are really into jordan's shoes that they're hypebeasts or just in for the glory, cause it's certainly not the case. Again your just trying to use your age as a weapon, and its not effective. It's like a bully on a playground that just use their size to impose, just don't make assumptions, cause it's not fair to the minority.
amen

I like how this post got from someone trying to help people out or provide them information, to people just taking it too serious, and getting all choleric. Iam a young person(17) and I thought the info was cool, but i don't really think that a person has to know all the history of something to appreciate it.Maybe I don't understand cause I'm young, but whatever.

attention younger members: the shoes are shoes. jordan is not to be worshipped. he was a bball player and if anything probably did more to RUIN the actualshoe. think about that. JB sucks because he has too much input. Nike was the true company and the reason you are wearin' Jordan IV's from 1989 and youare in 2008 or whatever the years are.....

jordan was a great bball player but had no style and thats real. hoop earring and baggy suits and all..... dont research a history of jordan research thehistory of Nike

False. Jordan could do more than compete in today's NBA.

He would be just as dominate. Fact.

attention younger members: the shoes are shoes. jordan is not to be worshipped. he was a bball player and if anything probably did more to RUIN the actual shoe. think about that. JB sucks because he has too much input. Nike was the true company and the reason you are wearin' Jordan IV's from 1989 and you are in 2008 or whatever the years are.....

jordan was a great bball player but had no style and thats real. hoop earring and baggy suits and all..... dont research a history of jordan research the history of Nike

Are you ******ed?? Seriously. This man makes no sense.

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

wow i really dont need to read this quit trying to act like you run us, you do not no anything about my obsession with jordan so keep this thread where it belongs... at ISS and i knew the question about the shorts so nice try guys:smile:
thumb_kid_crying.JPG

I see school's let out, didn't mean to upset you there little fellow. If it makes you feel better there's some new VII's coming out that would be right up your alley I bet.
wink.gif

o really i am willing to take that bet, but i saw some 6's that are coming out this june and i think you would like them, but make sure you buy 2 pairs, one to rock and one to stock because they will probaly be worth something in the future
happy.gif

what seperates you from the others is that you see the shoes as worth a lot of money in the future. We see it as sentimental and nostalgic reasons first.

One of the major differences that seperate most of the young from most of the older people.

actually your wrong, because i wear all of my shoes yet take care of them and i will NEVER NEVER EVER sell any of them because i bought them for a reason,to wear them

and if you didnt want this big argument in this post, you could have changed the title too, "For all your Mj fans" i think that would have beenbetter

Read it or not, is your business. The guy is just providing you some great, free, interesting information to most of us.
Take it or leave it. Don't be cocky and talk like you don't need nothing.

Of course you know everything about Mike, even if his blood type, or maybe even his brief size.
But they guy is just being nice, sharing a link that might be useful to us.

He used "for the younger member" because a lot of younger members do not know a lot of facts about the man.
If you're offended, read the "I'm probably the worst on this board about casting judgement toward the younger members about not knowing enoughabout Air Jordans and Michael's legacy...".
Chill. You're young anyway.

the post above proved exactly what im talking about
Please.

Don't try to use someone else's comment to "prove" anything.

The discrepancy between older fans and younger fans is not necessarily ignorance of knowledge but ignorance of attitude.

Older heads have a different experience level than younger people. That's not elitist. It's simple mathematics.

The older fans would do well to remember this fact and not use it to disrespect, and the younger members would do well to not be so dismissive and angry ateven the idea that they just might not have had as vibrant an experience as the older Jordan fans have had.

No one should hold another's age against them.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Originally Posted by DAYTONA305

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Y?
What did Jordan wear under his game shorts while with the bulls his whole career? Don't know, then read up.

his north carolina game shorts.

Really game shorts? I thought they were the white practice shorts.

Nice find. Thanks.

isnt that when he started to wear his shorts lower/longer shorts? so that they wouldnt show from under his bulls shorts? i heard that somewhere

I'm probably the worst on this board about casting judgement toward the younger members about not knowing enough about Air Jordans and Michael's legacy. So I found something good for you guys to read up on in your spare time. It's a link to every SI cover Michael was ever on and if you click on read articles below the pic you can learn alot about the man and how he was viewed during those times. So knock yourself out and follow his career from beginning to end and maybe this will cut down on some of the arguing between you up and comers and us old timers.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn....ael_Jordan/1900-01-01/2100-12-31/dd/index.htm

Mod's I know this probably belongs in the sports forum but I think it could really help this forum more than anything so please don't move.

For those who seem angry with the original post...

DID YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT 3thaman WROTE????

He wasn't trying to insult anyone! He even admitted that he is usually quick to judge some of the younger members and wanted to use some information hefound to help STOP some of the arguing that goes on between older and younger members!!

He is trying to HELP by giving some insight as to why we as older members may have a deeper and more personal "relationship" to Air Jordans. He istrying to help you understand that because we were there from the beginning of MJ's career... we watched his ups and downs and followed his every move...we were there when the new Jordans only came out once a year and you had to wait for the All-Strar game to see what they looked like, etc etc. All of thisjust shows that we have a different reason than SOME of you for loving Jordans. For a lot of us older heads, our love for Air Jordans goes farther than justthinking it's a hot shoe to wear. There is a history behind it.

Everyone can learn from history... that is the only point to this thread. Some of you chose to see the words "younger members" and freak out. Ifyou actually read 3thaman's first post, there is absolutely nothing condescending or derogatory about it. He was just trying to pass on some knowlege inhopes to squash some of the fighting that goes on here.

I'm probably wasting my time writing this as I am sure there will be a few of you who will yell at me too. But I hope at least some of you understand thatthis post was not meant to attack... quite the opposite actually.

Peace

i pretty young by NT standards(16)
but i was an avid mj fan from preschool on
i have a couple of those from 98
i know for sure i have the:

I always feel like the younger kids (like around 16 or younger) I see wearing Jordans only wear those kicks because it's what the "cool" kids do.Especially in an image conscience city like NYC.

I know for a fact most of them have never seen MJ play a single game.
And at the same time they say they are die hard Knick fans, but their favorite player is MJ, whom they have never seen play a game.
That's like someone being a Pacers fan with Patrick Ewing as their favorite player, just doesn't make sense.
I respect Jordan and he's obviously one of the greatest to ever play the game, but I don't LIKE him, he killed the Knicks every year, lol.
It boggles my mind when I see some kid wearing a Knick jersey with some fake IIIs.

I'm not trying to be a "hater," maybe some of those kids actually like the sneaker design and not the player himself, but what're the chancesof that....
I guess I was sort of the same way, I never liked Penny, but I loved his foams. But then again, I actually saw Penny (and Jordan, Barkley etc) in his prime.
I know some of you are gonna hate me for saying that but whatever.

Originally Posted by DAP1MP13

I always feel like the younger kids (like around 16 or younger) I see wearing Jordans only wear those kicks because it's what the "cool" kids do. Especially in an image conscience city like NYC.

And at the same time they say they are die hard Knick fans, but their favorite player is MJ, whom they have never seen play a game.
That's like someone being a Pacers fan with Patrick Ewing as their favorite player, just doesn't make sense.
I respect Jordan and he's obviously one of the greatest to ever play the game, but I don't LIKE him, he killed the Knicks every year, lol.
It boggles my mind when I see some kid wearing a Knick jersey with some fake IIIs.

I'm not trying to be a "hater," maybe some of those kids actually like the sneaker design and not the player himself, but what're the chances of that....
I guess I was sort of the same way, I never liked Penny, but I loved his foams. But then again, I actually saw Penny (and Jordan, Barkley etc) in his prime.

agree with u

jordan was a great bball player but had no style and thats real. hoop earring and baggy suits and all..... dont research a history of jordan research the history of Nike

shutyoass228rnlv7.gif

From now on, your future posting on here will be marked as no credibility, insanity, or lack of knowledge. Perhaps maybe even ******ed.

Only adds another reason why this young generation is screwed.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by indohan

Read it or not, is your business. The guy is just providing you some great, free, interesting information to most of us.
Take it or leave it. Don't be cocky and talk like you don't need nothing.

Of course you know everything about Mike, even if his blood type, or maybe even his brief size.
But they guy is just being nice, sharing a link that might be useful to us.

He used "for the younger member" because a lot of younger members do not know a lot of facts about the man.
If you're offended, read the "I'm probably the worst on this board about casting judgement toward the younger members about not knowing enough about Air Jordans and Michael's legacy...".
Chill. You're young anyway.

the "you're young anyway" that had nothing to do with it
and i don't need anything

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

I'm probably the worst on this board about casting judgement toward the younger members about not knowing enough about Air Jordans and Michael's legacy. So I found something good for you guys to read up on in your spare time. It's a link to every SI cover Michael was ever on and if you click on read articles below the pic you can learn alot about the man and how he was viewed during those times. So knock yourself out and follow his career from beginning to end and maybe this will cut down on some of the arguing between you up and comers and us old timers.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn....ael_Jordan/1900-01-01/2100-12-31/dd/index.htm

Mod's I know this probably belongs in the sports forum but I think it could really help this forum more than anything so please don't move.

For those who seem angry with the original post...

DID YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT 3thaman WROTE????

He wasn't trying to insult anyone! He even admitted that he is usually quick to judge some of the younger members and wanted to use some information he found to help STOP some of the arguing that goes on between older and younger members!!

He is trying to HELP by giving some insight as to why we as older members may have a deeper and more personal "relationship" to Air Jordans. He is trying to help you understand that because we were there from the beginning of MJ's career... we watched his ups and downs and followed his every move... we were there when the new Jordans only came out once a year and you had to wait for the All-Strar game to see what they looked like, etc etc. All of this just shows that we have a different reason than SOME of you for loving Jordans. For a lot of us older heads, our love for Air Jordans goes farther than just thinking it's a hot shoe to wear. There is a history behind it.

Everyone can learn from history... that is the only point to this thread. Some of you chose to see the words "younger members" and freak out. If you actually read 3thaman's first post, there is absolutely nothing condescending or derogatory about it. He was just trying to pass on some knowlege in hopes to squash some of the fighting that goes on here.

I'm probably wasting my time writing this as I am sure there will be a few of you who will yell at me too. But I hope at least some of you understand that this post was not meant to attack... quite the opposite actually.

Peace

Thanks for that post, but I've learned your pretty much just pissing in the wind with this bunch. I'm just going to go back to my hateful oldself.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

From now on, your future posting on here will be marked as no credibility, insanity, or lack of knowledge. Perhaps maybe even ******ed.

Only adds another reason why this young generation is screwed.
smh.gif

roll.gif

You're growing on me, sickickz. We may not agree on the IV issue, but united we stand on this one.

That is one of the most (and I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately) ignorant statments I've read on NT!!

Just for starters...

Anytime you see a bball player wearing a wristband on his forearm (near his/her elbow)... which is almost every player these days... MJ started that.

Baggy shorts in the NBA... started by MJ.

But most importantly...

MJ has had major input on the style of every Jordan from the OG III's to the XX3's!! No style??? I guess that means you don't like any Jordansthen.

Educate yourself before making ignorant comments.

Originally Posted by DAP1MP13

I always feel like the younger kids (like around 16 or younger) I see wearing Jordans only wear those kicks because it's what the "cool" kids do. Especially in an image conscience city like NYC.

I'm not trying to be a "hater," maybe some of those kids actually like the sneaker design and not the player himself, but what're the chances of that....

yea i can see where you are coming from because i bet pretty much everyone at my school wears jordans only because of the name and not mj
although ive pretty much stopped wearing jordans, because i dont like the direction jordan brands been going in lately,
i can say that i was a big MJ fan then and i have a reason to wear his shoes
for my 6th birthday in 97 i had the champion jersey and the mj cake
eek.gif
laugh.gif

2506559097_0518812f18_o.jpg

and then christmas that year i had the chicago bulls all over print pjs
laugh.gif

2507386982_9841b0488d_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom