For those who own a black car

Certain cars means certain colors.

Any Audi, id get in white. BMW, depends, the previous e60 I love it in black, the new f10, white for sure.

Ranger Rover HAS to be black, yet if I got a coupe, it most probably would be white.

Theres a few whips I would consider getting in red or blue, 370z and GTR would probably be it.

Then again, this is all dreaming.
laugh.gif
My dream car is a blue GTR

I wash my truck a lot because I just like washing it, and caring for it in general. Don't wash it in the winter though, and I've scene too many vehicles get scratched up from car washes
excellent point to bring up.

fellas, when you take it to get washed, dont let em wipe down your car with those dirty *** towels...they use da same

towels on every car and after a while you gonna have WILD swirl marks.

thought it was easier maintaining a black car. :nerd: well i wash mine every other week, unless it gets really dirty. i don't have mud guards for my rear tires. it usually gets dirty in that lower area. egh soon as i get a stable job and some cash i'm aiming for a white car which may be more of a pain...:rolleyes

Man, gray is the best color as far as maintenance. I had a gray car and only had to wash that bad boy once every couple months.

My last two cars have been black, the first was an Acura that I had to wash every week. Now a I got a beater Pathfinder, I wash when I feel like it.

i see a bunch of black cars lookin dirty as hell swirls everywhere

white cars >

you see when it gets a little muddy but that looks way better then seeing a bunch of swirls

Don't do it.

I've had my Challenger two months, dudes in here talking about washing every week.

Hell I have to wash my car literally everyday unless it rains.

A sprinkler sprayed on my car and it was strangely cold here for three days. I finally washed my car yesterday and now I have water spots that are etched in the paint.

If my family didn't own a detail shop this would cost me 300+ to fix.

Bruh Waxing + quick detailer spray = car looking clean everyday.

Instead of dropping mad money on a wash every 3-4 days, get a GOOD wax and use the detailer to wipe it clean in 5 minutes.

I had a black 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland before my 2010 SRT Jeep.

It's really not that big of a deal to keep clean. I say that because I am a detailing enthusiast. I use professional tools and products. I love the Meguiars detailing line of products.

For extensive corrections on a black car I use:

Megs Hyper Wash
M105 (Compound)
M205 (Polish)
M26
then Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Here are a few picks of my old buddy.

View media item 312726View media item 312736View media item 312737View media item 312738View media item 312739

Yeah, either they are going to do a Z and a Mini-Z (to compete with the FRS/BRZ) or just a straight up Z that's probably a turboed 4 banger. 

Either way, I plan on getting a 370 as soon as I graduate and get a job. But if  Pearl White or Daytona Blue 
nthat.gif

. That is unless the next gen Z comes with a 300+HP like the current one, then I'm copping that.

View media item 310941

View media item 310945

Speaking of the 370z, do any of you have a problem with the rear visibility? Heard it's pretty bad... Looking forward to test driving this car soon.

And yeah for in between washes when the ride is just dusty make sure you have good microfiber towels and a good quick detailer.

I use Meguiars Last Touch.

Should have bought a silver car, but it's winter with constant bad weather. I'll wash it regularly in Spring/Summer.

View media item 312816copped this accord a couple of weeks ago, washed it yesterday and its already dusty, can easily see finger prints and swirls. Actually some old guy at the car wash was telling me about how much he hated black cars because of that but, loved it after that first washed.....

It's really not that big of a deal to keep clean. I say that because I am a detailing enthusiast. I use professional tools and products. I love the Meguiars detailing line of products.

Megs Hyper Wash
M105 (Compound)
M205 (Polish)
M26

View media item 312726

What product would you recommend using to remove scratches that go hard in the paint?

Megs Hyper Wash
M105 (Compound)
M205 (Polish)
M26

What product would you recommend using to remove scratches that go hard in the paint?
you gonna have to take it to a detail shop and they'll fill em in with products, possibly polish and clear coats.

you gonna have to take it to a detail shop and they'll fill em in with products, possibly polish and clear coats.
Thanks ninja. What should I expect price-wise for multiple smallish scratches? Wonder if it's even worth it.

Liquid platinum > black or white

When its washed well looks dopeee... when its dirty... doesnt look dirty at all. Win. Win.

Last edited:

I do all my own detailing so for scratches (corrections only) in the paint, I use

M105 (Compound, which gets rid of the scratches)
M205 (Polish)
M26 (wax)

I apply these products with my porter cable xp along with different color pads.

Now it seems like you dont want to do the stuff yourself, so I recommend going onto autopia.org, post a thread asking for detailers in your area. Dont go to some ********* you see on the road. Most likely they are a hack. Go onto autopia and find a good detailer from there that is in your area.

And start reading up on other topics there, hey you might end up buying all the products yourself and doing it on your own!

I enjoy detailing. Its a great stress reliever after work. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom