Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

this brand has gone nuts. screw you nike and screw you little "sneakerhead" convention boys.. how did this honestly happen. next thing we will see with these fresh prince 5s is dudes walking around with 2 left shoes on, and another dude with 2 right shoes on talkin bout "I liked the left one more"
mean.gif

what? both shoes are the same of any pair?

I thought so too...you can clearly see in the pic the straps from the VIIIs idk what this guy was thinking
Yeah they have the velcro part but i dont see the point of having that since there are no actual cross straps on the shoe like the 8s. But i dont own of pair of 6 rings so i may be wrong

Yeah they have the velcro part but i dont see the point of having that since there are no actual cross straps on the shoe like the 8s. But i dont own of pair of 6 rings so i may be wrong
Ok I see what you meant I thought you didn't see the straps on the sides if the shoe. I wasn't trying to come at you or anything but yeah they dont strap over the shoe it's pretty much there but I haven't owned a pair if 6 rings either I never like them

These are pretty ugly and smh at that price tag. They'll still sell out somehow though just throw a limited tag on them

Last edited:
Just heard these wont be that limited. Full family run. One smaller company is getting 1700 pair in men alone.

I'm thinking about picking these up. These are the farthest thing from my style but at the same time I would love to be subtle with a white t shirt some crisp jeans and these on especially if the whole upper is 3m. I had the same feeling with the green bean V's and passed on em and I still regret it smh

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of people are buying these because they are dubbed 'fresh prince' but correct me if I'm wrong but these have no affiliation with Will smith nor the show besides what we made up in our heads.
Not feelin the cw btw and I like V's

I'm thinking about picking these up. These are the farthest thing from my style but at the same time I would love to be subtle with a white t shirt some crisp jeans and these on especially if the whole upper is 3m. I had the same feeling with the green bean V's and passed on em and I still regret it smh
I will be picking these up. 5's are my favorite Jordan and I will not let this release pass me by.

Seems like a lot of people are buying these because they are dubbed 'fresh prince' but correct me if I'm wrong but these have no affiliation with Will smith nor the show besides what we made up in our heads.
Not feelin the cw btw and I like V's

Not necessarily what "we"made up though. It's been well documented that will smith in his younger years had a slight obsession with air Jordan's to the point where when he was in midst of going bankrupt (which caused him to do the fresh prince sitcom in the first place) his home and his cars were repossessed and all he had left was his collection of air Jordan's. He wore many classic Nike's from the 90's during the shows run but the air Jordan V will always be synonymous with will smith because it was the shoe he wore during the first season of the show with every OG colorway being worn by will (minus the black tongue fire red V's which were worn by jazz in the second season). I know many people dislike the fact that there is a fresh prince sneaker and I was reading over post about Kadeem Hardison displaying the first real obsession over air Jordan in "a different world" and I myself grew up with that show as well and remember watching Dwayne Wayne wearing whichever Jordan was out during that season but the fact of the matter is will smith turned out to be one of the biggest and most profitable movie stars on the planet and has long since gone on to way bigger projects but will mostly be remembered for his 90's sitcom and Nike/JB know that fresh prince is watched all over the world and many notice now these sneakers will wore on his feet that are still to this day just as popular if not more popular than him. They are paying homage to his early sneaker obsession with the air Jordan V. All it's gonna take is one picture of will smith wearing these shoes and it will be a WRAP (which will most likely happen because JB has an agenda and will send him the shoes) END OF RANT

exactly at this point im calling them saved by the bells
View media item 534838

Stop reachin .. tgeyre freah prince's end of story. U picked out the one shoe that matched that saved by the bell logo but clearly the other shoe has a different color scheme.

The name is what it is .. no one here named it fresh prince thats just what they were called immediately when pics forst surfaced and its going to stick because of Will Smith collection of air jordans and the show basically being "his" show.

Yes shoes dnt need stupid nicknames but just like whole "shoegame" itself times have changed so adapt or get out

Back
Top Bottom