Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

FLEX got alot of valid points though me being 29 I remember very well N.Y. GOLDEN AGE & I kinda miss the TRUE N.Y. rap....From my perspective N.Y. was really unified before BIG got killed & a short while after but when JAY started his rise from 99'-05' JAY really killed that unity in N.Y. really JAY & 50 completely destroyed & dismantled the N.Y. unity....JAY had the ROC & never really embraced any other N.Y. MC'S...JAY always looks down on all other rappers in N.Y. instead of going to get another nice N.Y. rappers he goes & signs J.COLE not that COLE ain't nice but I'm pretty sure there is dudes nicer than COLE in N.Y.

FLEX got alot of valid points though me being 29 I remember very well N.Y. GOLDEN AGE & I kinda miss the TRUE N.Y. rap....From my perspective N.Y. was really unified before BIG got killed & a short while after but when JAY started his rise from 99'-05' JAY really killed that unity in N.Y. really JAY & 50 completely destroyed & dismantled the N.Y. unity....JAY had the ROC & never really embraced any other N.Y. MC'S...JAY always looks down on all other rappers in N.Y. instead of going to get another nice N.Y. rappers he goes & signs J.COLE not that COLE ain't nice but I'm pretty sure there is dudes nicer than COLE in N.Y.

yea both Jay & 50 did hurt the entire east coast, Jay with not putting people on and 50 bringing all of that negativity and not using unity between rappers. i don't ever see the east coast gaining any power back again unless all of these guys help the newer guys

people like Jay, 50, Diddy are guys that don't want nobody above them, they have to be the center of attention. notice all of those guys all are all richer than the people who were under them before or nowadays.

You know what, though. It's a double-edged sword.

Jay looked global, not local. I'm talking about a global brand. Typically, NY rappers have a local brand and niche. They were respected around the away, but never took off commercially.(Because that wasnt their goal) BIG had commercial success because of Puff. Bad Boy was Puff's brand, that was his thing, not BIG's. At the same time, people outside of NY think Jay runs "everything", which was a valid point by Flex, he only runs his circle. Dude has no influence to the game here. Which is fine, that wasnt his goal. But dont act like you can just handle business in this city like that.

At the end of day, Flex is being lame bringing this up now. You knew the deal 10-15 years ago.

one thing is why Flex going at Jay and not 50 or Diddy? they pretty much all the same person when it comes to being the center of attention.

Tried to listen to his rant.
Gave up when I heard more bombs than words in 60 seconds
Dude is a clown

I stopped listening to radio years ago. Flex been a cornball. Jay been whack for some years now. Dipset as a whole hasn't really even made any music of worth int he same amount of time.

But I can't lie that this aint funny :rofl: It's actually great to see two guys who use to suck each other off like crazy turn on each other with shady **** and use each other to try and jack other dudes.

I believe that txt is real. Anybody paying attention know Jay an awkward dude. Not surprised Dipset would use this to be in the spotlight again, they did it before when they had more of a reason to (that Victory freestyle is extra weak though).

A bit shocked Flex is doing this but I know the past few years now with the Ls he's taken from Charlemagne and Power and just looking around in hip hop and seeing **** crumble around him that dude is obviously not ready to be an old head and sit down. So going at Jay when he feels it's warranted just makes it so much more funny :lol:
NY hate thread in full effect. This happens to no other state on NT because in the grand scheme of things no where else matters

Or...no other state is still reeling from post traumatic falling off syndrome and still holding on to yesteryears.
No other state really has anywhere to fall off from though.

Yall dudes jaws must be tired with this NY obsession.
Jay put ja & foxy on plus took dmx & ruff ryders on there first major tour
Jay did not put DMX and RR on their first major tour. Saying Jay put Ja Rule on is a joke as well. Yall don't know what "put on" means?

Speaking of that tour, X was bigger than Jay at that time anyway.

Save that revisionist history for a Jay-Z forum.

Dudes stay misinformed or severely biased to try and reply to something :smh:

Last edited:
people like Jay, 50, Diddy are guys that don't want nobody above them, they have to be the center of attention. notice all of those guys all are all richer than the people who were under them before or nowadays.
LOL.  It's quite clear to see you and some of the people like you don't understand how business or the real world works.  Who in their right mind wakes up with the mentality that they want someone to be richer than them or more importantly purposely helps someone be richer than them??  

Most of you dudes live in a fantasy world and the more you type the more your ignorance is clear to see.  @Tha Flashy One  and those that think like this poor misguided individual are doomed for the same miserable state as Dipset with having to be jealous of those around you doing better than you with no other choice but to hate from afar.  
Jay did not put DMX and RR on their first major tour.
If not Jay then who??

As a huge Dip Set fan, it is really sad/pathetic to see what dudes in their 40's are doing to try to stay relevant, about 9 years (minimum) after anyone cared. 

DMX>jayz

Cam>jayz

The End.

Individual tour dates and individual bank accounts say differently champ.  Thanks for your contribution however...........you tried to be the best of your ability, which was very little.  
It's an opinion.

What you just stated doesn't matter. Since when did tour dates and bank accounts determine who is the better rapper?

If not Jay then who??
What was the name of the label they were all signed to?

Did you watch Backstage?

Jay wasn't running that tour. You gonna front like Dame wasn't in charge of Jay's career at the time?
It was called the hard knock life tour for a reason & dmx was just poppin so what other major tour was he on? The cash money tour was after that

& "can i get a" was ja's first mainstream recognition, who put him on before jay?
I think yall dudes basically just have poor use of words when you're trying to convey what you're trying to say.

Jay put him on :rofl: :smh:

Last edited:

DMX>jayz

Cam>jayz

The End.
Individual tour dates and individual bank accounts say differently champ.  Thanks for your contribution however...........you tried to be the best of your ability, which was very little.  
It's an opinion.

What you just stated doesn't matter. Since when did tour dates and bank accounts determine who is the better rapper?
I don't deal with opinions champ, I deal with facts.  When you step it up to the next level and know what it takes to be a man you will know and understand the same.  If you don't like that or don't understand that get the **** off NT and take your *** over to lipstick alley with the rest of the gossiping females.  Myself and others want to learn and want to do better and give back to this community to make it better.  We don't want to hate on others that are in good or great positions such as Jay Z.  That's something that you and the rest of the Dipset brigade can't seem to understand.  

If DMX with his celebrity rehab stints or Camron or his inability to spark any interest on his own just because can do any better then please let us know.  Otherwise stop wasting time on here trying to champion rappers that aren't doing anything of importance right now or are not in the mix right now.  @Master Zik  I want YOU and the rest of the misguided individuals that think like you to stop treasuring garbage, do you understand that champ??  You should be happy somebody like me is trying to help save a wretch like you...............amazing grace.  

Deuce riding hard for his boy. :lol:

All jokes aside X was probably a bigger star than Jay at that time. 2 classic albums in one year and movies.

Last edited:
everybody was mad when trinidad james was trill enough to address the state of nyc hiphop...i mean nyc disses everybody all the way up till late 90s then all of a sudden they jockin the slang just like electronica said ny hip hop is dead will never return to its once stronghold so who care if dipset got a problem with jayz none of that **** is relevant about 10 years too late....

Deuce riding hard for his boy.
laugh.gif

All jokes aside X was probably a bigger star than Jay at that time. 2 classic albums in one year and movies.
More like Deuce stating FACTS as USUAL but what else is new champ.  Again, I'm all for folks contributing to the forum but if your going to state something, speak the facts.  That being said I want you (especially since you are my boy and all) @Maximus Meridius  to keep your bias personal opinions to yourself for the time being because it's about making the community better right now.  

In life, it's not about how fast you come sprinting out of the gate, but how you finish or run the race. DMX didn't know how to run the race, Dipset DAMN sure didn't know how to run the race or more importantly how to line up for the race. Which is why that clown group and their clown brigade (Dipset fanbase) find themselves in the loser category that they do now.  Learn how to congratulate somebody or something that's doing better and bigger than you............nothing wrong with that.  Find out what that person is doing and maybe just maybe you might have the same success as them.  

I am both a fan of Cam and Jay. But this is silly.

Jay prolee won't respond until the next album drops (whenever that is) but Im not looking for Jay to drop more classic records, just good music. I think its corny how we look at him to keep dropping something that is what YOU want to hear. If you don't like what he's putting out just ignore it. If his career ended today he's got a tremendous resume. Sometimes people make music just for themselves cuz they love the art. Thats OK too. Paul McCartney last record wasn't as good as his Beatles records but no one cares, its about what he gave to the game. He's recording for the love of the game.

Marley Marl said it best, "our art form doesn't grow because we not banded together" its sad really and its a competitive art form but geez some stuff is corny.

Cam gave us some dope jawns in the late 90's to the mid 2000s ("357" "Glory" "fantastic 4" "let me know" Purple Haze album, a few joints on that Come Home with Me, Diplomatic Immunity 1)... He's had a very solid career and def had his own style but shame on him for not being able to get hot himself. I mean he was reading right off the phone on that freestyle. Is that NOT a flagrant foul B? I know no one freestyles anymore off the dome really, but that was just flagrant. Like even worse than Drake cuz he didn't even ride the beat well. Only dude spit flames was Juelz and he DIDNT EVEN GET A MIC OR A BEAT. (Jim was cool but, cmon he's Jim Jones) Shame on Shot 97 and Flex Hogan.  Cam is my dude but that victory verse was a snooze fest. I seem to remember Banks destroying that beat back then. He used the Beyonce thing once before and that was comical but now its repetitive.

So whats worse, knowing Jay doesn't care or won't respond while its still hot. Or that Cam and the Dipset aren't unfortunately relevant, knowing that we all wanted that reunion back when Cam & Jim were beefing.

P.S. This all being over a blog is silly. Tumblr experts and über popular bloggers are somewhere laughing at this WWE feud, if they are even paying attention at all.

Back
Top Bottom