Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

I don't think this is for attention or to stay relevant. Cam already said he's releasing one album and he's retiring. He's making more money doing other projects than selling music he said. Cam and Jim just don't like Jay, they've always thrown little shots at Jay.

People don't announce they're retiring. They just retire. Announcing you're retiring is screaming look at me. I want someone to care and support my latest project.

Hot 97 is crashing so they would have to clean house.

Streaming apps and sites are much bigger. I don't understand this move. It's gotta be just gossip. Radio is dying quick.

What :lol:

You keep saying this with absolutely no facts to support it. It's far from the truth.

Last edited:

Now some people are starting to get it.  I had to step up to the plate myself and make it happen but I'll be dammed if I let the forum I love and help stake a claim in fall by wayside and be taken over by fraudulent members or fraudulent posts...........NOT ON MY SHIFT.  

Cam, Dipset and the rest of their clownish brigade couldn't drum up interest on their own account so they had to resort to try and throw rocks at the thrown, or try to throw shade at the sun...........meaning somebody or an entity that is shining or doing better than them.  With that being said folks that strategy simply is not going to work for them or more importantly YOU if you glorify or try to highlight such behavior.  Funk Flex will apologize for his actions soon enough, and Dipset and the rest of the Dipset brigade is too stupid to realize that they already lost.  
Its Dark...
That's great champ.  Let me know when the "It's Dark.....& Flesh of My Flesh" tour is underway.  I got my money right here and looking forward to it.  Just let me know.  
On some real ****
U REALLY think jay the best???
Like seriously I'm a be straight up
Can u give me a good argument without throwing shots
On why u think jay is better than nas and dmx
In regards to hip hop I sure do.  Reason being, simply put he makes the best music in hip hop..........key word being "music". Also I believe he has one of if not the best overall skill set from those rappers that you listed.  Ability to make music, lyrical skills, versatility, flow, consistency, and overall impact.  There are other greats in hip hop as well by the way.

No disrespect to Nas or DMX for that matter because those individuals are very good/great in their own right.  However at the end of the day for me, when it's all said and done Jay's MUSIC is played at a higher level than either Nas or DMX for example.  I also feel with that being said Jay's music be it past or present will be played down the line for many more years in abundance over those individuals.  No matter where you go, doesn't matter what coast or side of town your in I believe you HEAR Jay over most rappers, and to me that's a good thing.

Flex can't be serious tho, Jay got enough money to throw away and can shut down his app in a second. Flex is delusional
mean.gif
It's funny you say that...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.32177/title.jay-z-reportedly-in-hot-97-purchase-talks

EDIT: It's been stated. 

Flex and Ebro are everything wrong with NY Music.

Last edited:

Now some people are starting to get it.  I had to step up to the plate myself and make it happen but I'll be dammed if I let the forum I love and help stake a claim in fall by wayside and be taken over by fraudulent members or fraudulent posts...........NOT ON MY SHIFT.  

Cam, Dipset and the rest of their clownish brigade couldn't drum up interest on their own account so they had to resort to try and throw rocks at the thrown, or try to throw shade at the sun...........meaning somebody or an entity that is shining or doing better than them.  With that being said folks that strategy simply is not going to work for them or more importantly YOU if you glorify or try to highlight such behavior.  Funk Flex will apologize for his actions soon enough, and Dipset and the rest of the Dipset brigade is too stupid to realize that they already lost.  
Its Dark...

That's great champ.  Let me know when the "It's Dark.....
On some real ****

In regards to hip hop I sure do.  Reason being, simply put he makes the best music in hip hop..........key word being "music". Also I believe he has one of if not the best overall skill set from those rappers that you listed.  Ability to make music, lyrical skills, versatility, flow, consistency, and overall impact.  There are other greats in hip hop as well by the way.

No disrespect to Nas or DMX for that matter because those individuals are very good/great in their own right.  However at the end of the day for me, when it's all said and done Jay's MUSIC is played at a higher level than either Nas or DMX for example.  I also feel with that being said Jay's music be it past or present will be played down the line for many more years in abundance over those individuals.  No matter where you go, doesn't matter what coast or side of town your in I believe you HEAR Jay over most rappers, and to me that's a good thing.
I can dig it

Its Dark...

On some real ****

I can dig it
^^

My man.

dmx had a style that was good for the 5 years after that he could switch up with the times even tho he wouldve been perfect for the whole southern lil jon ludacris transition just imagine if he was not totally strung out spittin over toomp,timbaland and lil jon beats he could out sold jayz had a longer career maybe have a ceo seat at a label or something he couldve kept double r rollin'

Duece King, Duece King, Duece King... I think you may be holding on to hard feelings when Cam was VP of Roc a Fella and Dipset was the hottest thing on the label in 02-03. You better not say that BP 2 > was better than CHWM either.
Dame Dash was the one who coordinated the "Hard Knock Life" tour with DEF JAM artists, so your account of Jay putting X is wrong.
Now that we've cleared that out of sport, I have to ask you how in the hell can you say Jay-z's music is played at a higher level than Nas??? You may be right that Jay gets more play from coast to coast, but higher level. C'mon homie. Take this MLK day for example and find songs where Jay is speaking about issues that affect the black community and minorities 50 years later?? Comments like that make me think you're not into higher learning when it comes to your artist and seeing what kind of message they are conveying about our society today. Maybe children today need to learn that losing 92 bricks and still being alive to speak about it today, gives them hope to be successful.

I don't think this is for attention or to stay relevant. Cam already said he's releasing one album and he's retiring. He's making more money doing other projects than selling music he said. Cam and Jim just don't like Jay, they've always thrown little shots at Jay.

People don't announce they're retiring. They just retire. Announcing you're retiring is screaming look at me. I want someone to care and support my latest project.

Hot 97 is crashing so they would have to clean house.

Streaming apps and sites are much bigger. I don't understand this move. It's gotta be just gossip. Radio is dying quick.

What :lol:

You keep saying this with absolutely no facts to support it. It's far from the truth.

Radio is not dying? Most people aren't streaming music on Pandora, Beats or Spotify? I'm lazy as hell but if you doubt it, feel free to google it. Radio has been on it's way down for a few years now.

Duece King, Duece King, Duece King... I think you may be holding on to hard feelings when Cam was VP of Roc a Fella and Dipset was the hottest thing on the label in 02-03. You better not say that BP 2 > was better than CHWM either.
Dame Dash was the one who coordinated the "Hard Knock Life" tour with DEF JAM artists, so your account of Jay putting X is wrong.
Now that we've cleared that out of sport, I have to ask you how in the hell can you say Jay-z's music is played at a higher level than Nas??? You may be right that Jay gets more play from coast to coast, but higher level. C'mon homie. Take this MLK day for example and find songs where Jay is speaking about issues that affect the black community and minorities 50 years later?? Comments like that make me think you're not into higher learning when it comes to your artist and seeing what kind of message they are conveying about our society today. Maybe children today need to learn that losing 92 bricks and still being alive to speak about it today, gives them hope to be successful.

listens to Jay-Z - Murder to Excellence verse

Radio is not dying? Most people aren't streaming music on Pandora, Beats or Spotify? I'm lazy as hell but if you doubt it, feel free to google it. Radio has been on it's way down for a few years now.

No most people are not streaming

This is a fact. Not opinion. How many companies and people have unlimited data? T-Mobile? Sprint? Now, how widely available is it, because you need a certain speed. If people care about streaming so much, shouldn't the unlimited companies be more popular? People aren't connected to wi fi 24/7.

How many people are paying for streaming services? How many people are technologically advanced enough to stream?

Why is Kevin Hart going to radio to promote his movie if it's dying.

CD's were supposed to kill radio. iPod's were supposed to kill radio. Satellite was supposed to kill radio. The internet was supposed to kill radio.

So if radio is so dead, why don't you hear a bunch of empty air when you turn on the radio. Do you hear of any of these companies getting out of the radio business?

Because you don't listen doesn't mean that people aren't listening. Stop repeating that ********.

Its Dark...

On some real ****

whew

reasonable doubt >

Did MediaTakeOut become a credible source recently? Am I missing something?

Pretty sure folks just wanna see Hot 97 fail at any level at this point. Damn a credible source.

Jay Z would need about $250M to buy Hot 97. This the same dude who bought the smallest piece of the Nets he could, then quickly cashed out.

I have to ask you how in the hell can you say Jay-z's music is played at a higher level than Nas??? You may be right that Jay gets more play from coast to coast, but higher level. C'mon homie. Take this MLK day for example and find songs where Jay is speaking about issues that affect the black community and minorities 50 years later?? Comments like that make me think you're not into higher learning when it comes to your artist and seeing what kind of message they are conveying about our society today. Maybe children today need to learn that losing 92 bricks and still being alive to speak about it today, gives them hope to be successful.
Well said..
JAY music is mostly entertainment rap
NAS music is truly higher learning, thought provoking & he speaks about the REAL STRUGGLES of BLACK FOLKS...THE N ALBUM is a classic in my book... As I got older JAY'S music became less appealing to me...

listens to Jay-Z - Murder to Excellence verse
That's just one song NAS been speaking about real isssh his whole career....

Last edited:
Some people prefer BMW's, some people prefer Mercedes', Some people prefer Lexus'

It doesn't make any of them a bad choice. It's just a preference.

I think people hate Jay for his success more than they dislike his music.

What do you mean when you say "Jay's MUSIC is played at a higher level than either Nas or DMX for example"? Jay Z is universally more popular than either DMX or Nas, but his music is much more easily digestible to listeners. No knock to Jay at all but I'm getting stuck on the higher level thing.

Back
Top Bottom