Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

Flex is damn corny and too old for this radio nonsense. Nobody cares about this "beef", and to be honest nobody can take Flex seriously. If he did have jewels to spit nobody would know. With him dropping bombs every second, and his whole tough guy attitude that **** is distracting as hell.

Dudes are too old to continue with this for real for real.

I mean I'm a younger dude but I can cleary remember DMX being the premier rapper on the east coast for a period of time. Jay was visible but he wasn't the man until some time later.

Last edited:
Jay was always at the top when another ny rapper had a lil nice run, when x,ja & 50 was hot, jay was still there competing with them

He always had his own lane being a laid back cocky street rapper

:smh:

this thread is full of jokers.

...forgot to add, if u think jay-z is trash, u were probly born in the 90s....most likely after 95.

Last edited:
How is Jay's music more easy to process than X or Nas? If anything their music is way more to the point while he uses more subliminals and entendres in his lyrics. Some of y'all are trying too hard.

Agreed about having to get into Jay while X was automatically the man though.

Last edited:
:smh:

, if u think jay-z is trash, u were probly born in the 90s....most likely after 95.
That's a silly statement man some people just don't like JAY like that man I was born in 86' & I was a hard up JAY fan but now his music is unappealing to me now...I remember in 02'-03' dudes down here in the N.O. was feelin 50 way more than JAY...Like when X was on his roll in 97-00 I remember in 00' my 9th grade yr I was on THE DYNASTY . but majority of everybody else was on AND THEN THERE WAS X.....

laugh.gif

Duece King, Duece King, Duece King... I think you may be holding on to hard feelings when Cam was VP of Roc a Fella and Dipset was the hottest thing on the label in 02-03. You better not say that BP 2 > was better than CHWM either.
Dame Dash was the one who coordinated the "Hard Knock Life" tour with DEF JAM artists, so your account of Jay putting X is wrong.
Now that we've cleared that out of sport, I have to ask you how in the hell can you say Jay-z's music is played at a higher level than Nas??? You may be right that Jay gets more play from coast to coast, but higher level. C'mon homie. Take this MLK day for example and find songs where Jay is speaking about issues that affect the black community and minorities 50 years later?? Comments like that make me think you're not into higher learning when it comes to your artist and seeing what kind of message they are conveying about our society today. Maybe children today need to learn that losing 92 bricks and still being alive to speak about it today, gives them hope to be successful.
@Dondada22  you're all over  the place champ but I'll help set you straight.  Yes I do say that BP2 was better than CHWM........but that's just me.  I'll gladly take that album either as a whole or chop it down into 1 with the best songs and put it up against CHWM, but again that's just me.  Some tracks on BP2 are more lyrical than Cam to ever hope to do, and better.  

As far as 02-03 no doubt about it champ, Cam was doing okay for himself but quickly fell off the map waiting to long to release his next album Purple Haze and thus caused the so called momentum of the Dipset "movement" to fall off hard and fast.  Maybe during 02-03 Cam thought he was on to something and felt as though he could somehow compete against Jay Z 
laugh.gif
.  Yeah I know it makes me laugh even to think about it to this very day but sometimes some folks have to realize that everyone can't be Batman, somebody has got to be Robin.  That's exactly where Cam stood when it came to Jay back then in comparison and especially now.  Although even assigning the Robin title to Cam is still giving him to much credit, we'll say Robin in Training for now just to make things more appropriate.  

In regards to the rest of your nonsense, I'll wrap it up to be make as brief as possible.  When folks bought Hard Knock Life tour tickets they wanted to see and hear Jay, not Dame Dash.  Not to mention Jay was an owner of Rocafella Records so of course we have have to give him credit for the tour idea, as well as Dame and Biggs, not just Dame as you tried to prematurely do.  

When I said the term "higher level" I mean more in abundance................more in abundance champ.  Now when it comes to Nas and "higher level" or more specifically "higher learning" (which is not the term I originally used by the way) as you put it are you referring to Black Girl Lost or Shorty Owe you for Ice as it applies to Nas, which one??  Or as it pertains to the black community I can just say or use a cliche line for Nas that we as black people here in America should just pack up our bags and go to Africa. Maybe children today need to learn that message instead from misguided individuals such as yourself and those that subscribe to that specific Nas doctrine.  As if going back to Africa is going to solve all of our problems or help end white supremacy, as white supremacy exists and is in play even in Africa to this day whether YOU or Nas realized that or not.  

I have to ask you how in the hell can you say Jay-z's music is played at a higher level than Nas??? You may be right that Jay gets more play from coast to coast, but higher level. C'mon homie. Take this MLK day for example and find songs where Jay is speaking about issues that affect the black community and minorities 50 years later?? Comments like that make me think you're not into higher learning when it comes to your artist and seeing what kind of message they are conveying about our society today. Maybe children today need to learn that losing 92 bricks and still being alive to speak about it today, gives them hope to be successful.
Well said..
JAY music is mostly entertainment rap
NAS music is truly higher learning, thought provoking & he speaks about the REAL STRUGGLES of BLACK FOLKS...THE N ALBUM is a classic in my book... As I got older JAY'S music became less appealing to me...

listens to Jay-Z - Murder to Excellence verse
That's just one song NAS been speaking about real isssh his whole career....
LOL at Nas being HIGHER LEARNING.  If you dudes find Nas to be "higher learning" or "thought provoking" then more power to you.  For me, Nas was never truly that DEEP to me.  Personally I view Nas as one of those smart dumb ******, the kind you see saying random stuff out on the corner everyday or one of those ****** that gets high off of weed then starts talking about doing good and helping out the community but truly aint living up to those standards or truly aint doing it himself, but that's just me however.  No disrespect to Nas as he truly is a great emcee and all but when folks try to assign some fake prophet title or label to Nas or worse yet try to say his music is "higher learning" I can't help but laugh.......often and frequently by the way. When you say stuff like that, you have to LIVE what you say or truly be doing it yourself.  Which is where Nas falls short in my eyes.  

Also, as far as Nas speaking on struggles or struggles of black folks let keep it real champ.  Nas has had alot of struggles recently (personal life) so it's only natural for him to speak on the struggles of life.  When you owe back taxes to the IRS and a judge recently gave an order for you to pay $35,0000 a month in child support to your ex-wife you damn right you have no choice but to speak on the struggles of life or the struggles of black people as you see it.  

Let's stop playing games here.  The more you increase your financial game the less likely you will encounter or endure struggles in life, that goes for any race by the way.  Struggles can still occur but if your finances are in order and your mindset is right (I'm a man or principle....damn near invincible, in my own mind now that my soul is aligned 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) and the more you align yourself with folks that have a positive mindset like you, you help your chances of not facing these same struggles as others or more specifically Nas as it pertains to this specific example to be exact.  That's one thing hopefully any and everybody in this thread learned when looking at Jay Z whether you like, him, his music or not.  Do the very best that you can, try to be the best at it and don't be afraid to gain financial ground or leverage from it.   Nothing wrong with being successful from your hard work.  

In regards to hip hop I sure do.  Reason being, simply put he makes the best music in hip hop..........key word being "music". Also I believe he has one of if not the best overall skill set from those rappers that you listed.  Ability to make music, lyrical skills, versatility, flow, consistency, and overall impact.  There are other greats in hip hop as well by the way.

No disrespect to Nas or DMX for that matter because those individuals are very good/great in their own right.  However at the end of the day for me, when it's all said and done Jay's MUSIC is played at a higher level than either Nas or DMX for example.  I also feel with that being said Jay's music be it past or present will be played down the line for many more years in abundance over those individuals.  No matter where you go, doesn't matter what coast or side of town your in I believe you HEAR Jay over most rappers, and to me that's a good thing.

What do you mean when you say "Jay's MUSIC is played at a higher level than either Nas or DMX for example"? Jay Z is universally more popular than either DMX or Nas, but his music is much more easily digestible to listeners. No knock to Jay at all but I'm getting stuck on the higher level thing.
Again, when I said "higher level" that's my way of saying more in abundance, higher level=more frequently.  

Last edited:
Lets not forget Cam was the hottest at the Roc in 01 when he got there. Oh Boy was a huge record. Jay did his thing too but ppl act like Jay always was the best and hottest all the time. I remember 96 Jay and he def wasnt poppin the way ppl claim he was, he was barely in convo unless u were referring to tupac dissin him. Thats neither here nor there i thought Reasonable Doubt was great from day one. But yall aint gon sit up in here and act like Godson aint that dude. Dude has arguable thee best Hiphop album ever. And yes its better than anything Jay or Cam has done ever imo and i like all of them heavy especially Cam. But i agree Tmac was better than Kobe for a year or three but in the long run Kobe stands alone. And another thing when it comes to Iverson i also look at his influence also, his influence was and still is crazy. But anyway Jay, Nas, Cam all of them made good music and brought different things to the game as well

Lets not forget Cam was the hottest at the Roc in 01 when he got there. Oh Boy was a huge record. Jay did his thing too but ppl act like Jay always was the best and hottest all the time. I remember 96 Jay and he def wasnt poppin the way ppl claim he was, he was barely in convo unless u were referring to tupac dissin him. Thats neither here nor there i thought Reasonable Doubt was great from day one. But yall aint gon sit up in here and act like Godson aint that dude. Dude has arguable thee best Hiphop album ever. And yes its better than anything Jay or Cam has done ever imo and i like all of them heavy especially Cam. But i agree Tmac was better than Kobe for a year or three but in the long run Kobe stands alone. And another thing when it comes to Iverson i also look at his influence also, his influence was and still is crazy. But anyway Jay, Nas, Cam all of them made good music and brought different things to the game as well

Arguably Jay's best album came out in '01. it dropped the same day the towers did (God bless)

O boy came out in '02. youre incorrect.

Tru u can argue BP1 is his best work, but so what im off a yr or two about oh boy u kno what I mean g lol

I and most people prefer Reasonable Doubt, but some of you probably were barely out of diapers when it came out.

I also prefer The Black Album

LOL at Nas being HIGHER LEARNING.  If you dudes find Nas to be "higher learning" or "thought provoking" then more power to you.  For me, Nas was never truly that DEEP to me.  Personally I view Nas as one of those smart dumb ******, the kind you see saying random stuff out on the corner everyday or one of those ****** that gets high off of weed then starts talking about doing good and helping out the community but truly aint living up to those standards or truly aint doing it himself, but that's just me however.  No disrespect to Nas as he truly is a great emcee and all but when folks try to assign some fake prophet title or label to Nas or worse yet try to say his music is "higher learning" I can't help but laugh.......often and frequently by the way. When you say stuff like that, you have to LIVE what you say or truly be doing it yourself.  Which is where Nas falls short in my eyes.  

Also, as far as Nas speaking on struggles or struggles of black folks let keep it real champ.  Nas has had alot of struggles recently (personal life) so it's only natural for him to speak on the struggles of life.  When you owe back taxes to the IRS and a judge recently gave an order for you to pay $35,0000 a month in child support to your ex-wife you damn right you have no choice but to speak on the struggles of life or the struggles of black people as you see it.  

Let's stop playing games here.  The more you increase your financial game the less likely you will encounter or endure struggles in life, that goes for any race by the way.  Struggles can still occur but if your finances are in order and your mindset is right (I'm a man or principle....damn near invincible, in my own mind now that my soul is aligned :pimp: :pimp: ) and the more you align yourself with folks that have a positive mindset like you, you help your chances of not facing these same struggles as others or more specifically Nas as it pertains to this specific example to be exact.  That's one thing hopefully any and everybody in this thread learned when looking at Jay Z whether you like, him, his music or not.  Do the very best that you can, try to be the best at it and don't be afraid to gain financial ground or leverage from it.   Nothing wrong with being successful from your hard work.  

Again, when I said "higher level" that's my way of saying more in abundance, higher level=more frequently.  
You worship JAY-Z or at least that's what I'm getting from you....What has JAY done for you to ride for him this hard??? I'm assuming your BLACK so I'll ask you HOW CAN YOU RESPECT A DUDE THAT RIDES WITH BARNEY'S AFTER THE RACIAL PROFILING INCIDENT AGAINST YOUR OWN PPL??

Last edited:
^These black doodz in their mid/late 20s **** ride Hov so hard they prolly even bought Memphis Bleek and Young Gunz CDs.

You worship JAY-Z or at least that's what I'm getting from you....What has JAY done for you to ride for him this hard??? I'm assuming your BLACK so I'll ask you HOW CAN YOU RESPECT A DUDE THAT RIDES WITH BARNEY'S AFTER THE RACIAL PROFILING INCIDENT AGAINST YOUR OWN PPL??
No I don't worship Jay champ.  I just happen to give credit where credit is due for an individual and I happen to correct people such as yourself and others on ANY particular topic or subject matter at time when necessary.  It just so happens Jay Z is the topic of conversation right now.  That being said to answer some questions of yours yes I'm black.  Yes I like Jay's music overall for various reasons.  Some of it is good to listen to just musically speaking and, some of it is inspiring, etc., etc.  That's my take on the matter of course, if you feel differently then so be it.

Also, in regards to your comment about Barney's how narrow-minded are you??  Do you really think Barney's, a multi-million dollar corporation has a COMPANY policy written in stone and on the books to profile it's black customers??  As if that is their goal as a company or objective that you are trying to imply??  Do you really believe or expect the rest of us to believe that nonsense champ??  

For those like you or that think like you let me help you understand, sometimes in any situation there are bad apples that are apart of an organization or company but that doesn't mean they are carrying about that company or organizations objectives.  For example, that are bad cops out here in alot of jurisdictions in America, or to be more specific there are bad cops in New York.  Do I believe that all cops in New York are bad........no I do not.  There are some people that are employed by the NYPD that racially profile and give cops in New York a bad name, key word being SOME.  Same goes for just about any other profession in life.  From teachers, to firefighters to doctors.  Such is life in an imperfect world with imperfect people.  Same way how some members of the dominant society try to use a criminal black person seen or highlighted on TV and say that all blacks are criminals or whatever the case might be.  At the end of the day in regards to the Barney's situation I see it as an overzealous employee or employees that crossed the line against company policies and procedures as the executives of the company came out and gave a statement to correct the situation and stated they don't have a policy in place to operate in the manner that the employees in the wrong did, case closed.  

As I sit here and type this, as I just finished watching the State of the Union and the comments made by our President .......I can't help but to echo some of his same sentiments that he just expressed.  "We are a tight-knit family (NT Music Forum) who's made it through some very, very hard times."   I remember when Dipset threads were in abundance and at the forefront of the music forum here.  If that isn't a testament as to some of the difficult and very, very hard times that we had on this message board then I don't know what else.  We somehow made it through that storm however, and find ourselves on more solid ground.  

We no longer have to look back with great shame and embarrassment as the Dipset chapter has finally come to a close, with struggling Dipset reunion ticket sells and Camron about to be officially out of the music game.  It's like going to the gas station right now and seeing falling gas prices, you realize that things are getting better and it reminds some of us of the greater times of the past when things weren't so bad.  That how I truly feel about this forum as we move and press forward, and with me helping to lead the charge there's no doubt in my mind that some of the ignorance displayed by @BradNSU  and others that has run rapid before will come to a close as I'm simply not having it in the future.  We can't afford to play these childish games anymore.  

"It's amazing what you can bounce back from when you have to.  We are a strong tight-knit family that has made it through some very, very hard times.  I believe we can lay a new foundation, a brighter future is ours to right, lets begin this new chapter together, and let's start the work right now.  Thank you.........God bless you.....may God bless this Music Forum that we love." 

This will be the biggest boss move ever is Sean buys Hot 97. Especially if he really turns it into "Hov 97".

Back
Top Bottom