Futon Owners of NT... I need your expertise

I'm looking to buy a futon for my room. I want to dispose of my old bed. But I also heard that futons mess up your back because the foam isn't thickenough. How do the NT Futon owners feel about their futons? Is it your primary bed or is it there for any guests that you might have over? Is there any goodquality futons available? If so, where can I buy it and how much am I looking to spend?

Had one in college, great for when you pass out, great for company, wouldn't recommend it for you're everynight sleep unless you get a real good one.Mine wasn't top of the line, but it was great for what I needed it for.

I have one in the living room of my apt. I use it as my couch of course and also for when i have company sleeping over. Picked it up from Wal-Mart for around$200 because they had it labeled wrong. It's nice but i wouldn't sleep on it every night.

GingersAintBad... so your futon wasn't top of the line but it was still good? How much did you buy your futonfor and where did you get it? If I spend a little extra, I want to get the most comfortable futon I can... because I'll be using it for every night sleep.

Originally Posted by lil smitty

I have one in the living room of my apt. I use it as my couch of course and also for when i have company sleeping over. Picked it up from Wal-Mart for around $200 because they had it labeled wrong. It's nice but i wouldn't sleep on it every night.

What was the original price?

Bump again... I still am in need of a quality futon...

Help?
ohwell.gif

Just get a combination foam/polyfill futon mattress. It's certainly not the same as a Sealy or something, but it's better since the foam keeps theother kind of filling from compressing too much with use.

I sleep on mine 3 or 4 nights a week, since I fall asleep a lot watching TV. It isn't the best for you though but I usually need TV to make me fallasleep. Mine is nice, however its a pain in the ___ to prop back up all the time so I really just use it as a couch.

I made the mistake once of getting rid of my bed and using a futon every night. The mat wears out pretty quick. I had like 3 pads and blankets down and itstill sucked. I wouldn't recommend it

In college I'm using one now I got from Ikea. DO NOT GET ONE. It's hell on your back compared to an actual mattress. I use a memory foam pad now andit's not so bad.

I slept on one for the past year at college and it's really not that great. I can sleep on anything, so I didn't have a problem with it, but some myroommates and girls that I brought home said it was the most uncomfortable thing they've ever slept on. I wouldn't recommend it.

Damn, thanks for all the futon stories. If it's really hell on my back, I'm not going to get one. I guess I'll have to stick with my bed but I needto free up space in my room so I have some rearranging to do
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Once again, thanks for the info on futons.

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

paul, how the %**$ did you get that avy under 150kb!?!?

It took me hella long to get this under 150kb
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. The original i's already under 150kb, but getting it under Yuku's version of 150kb was hell
smh.gif
. The quality of the video sucks, it's all grainy... but in the orginal (non optimized version of the avy) it's clean.

i had one for about a year. First couple months, it sucked.
Then i saw some memory foam padding(2") on sale for about...$70-80? Can't really remember, but anyways, i decided to jump on the deal. Placed the foamon my futon and it was
pimp.gif
after that.

Nowadays, i just have a futon in my room as a sofa for guest and i do all my sleeping on my twin size bed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

And this memory foam padding, it makes the futon feel like a real bed? Or just better than before?

better than before nothin can really replace your bed

the foam padding makes it so that it'll fit your body shape when you lay down on it. That way, you feel all comfortable when you're sleeping. Somepeople even put a layer of foam on their existing bed.

TmAk15 wrote:
In college I'm using one now I got from Ikea. DO NOT GET ONE. It's hell on your back compared to an actual mattress. I use a memory foam pad now and it's not so bad.
Not true.

Some of you need to quit being girls. I had a 100 dollar futon from Wal-Mart and I never once had a back ache because of it. I actually enjoyed it. But if youreally have to just buy an expensive pad and a cheap frame.

How much did it cost you NothingToL0se total? The futon and the foam mattress? So if I want to have that extra foampadding, is it the same memory foam or is it a lesser quality foam?

Back
Top Bottom