FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Like you know the struggle and the hood.
laugh.gif
I grew up on elm street in vince city. I have family all over the west side. Trust me I've experienced a lot in my city both good and bad. I got baptized off Dill Ave. I remember in the early 90's T.I. was a member of my church before he was famous. Hosea Williams too; he and my dad would talk a lot after church even came to our home once. I was like 3 or 4 years old.

The show isn't about your struggle. It's about Ern's and his living in ATL. What you want a scene of him walking down your block to be "real"?

The show isn't about your struggle. It's about Ern's and his living in ATL. What you want a scene of him walking down your block to be "real"?
The show is called Atlanta but it's nothing like Atlanta. It's exactly what you called it; a SHOW.

The show is called Atlanta but it's nothing like Atlanta. It's exactly what you called it; a SHOW.
How is it nothing like Atlanta? Because Ern and his baby momma have a decent relationship? Because they haven't shown anything about traffic even though Ern doesn't have a car?

How is it nothing like Atlanta? Because Ern and his baby momma have a decent relationship? Because they haven't shown anything about traffic even though Ern doesn't have a car?
The show should be called the suburbs of Atlanta. Atlanta is still poverty stricken, homelessness is very real here hence the crime rate. Again this show should be called Gwinnett or Conyers. Donald Glover attended Lakeside H.S. a majority caucasian school in the suburbs. He has no real experience of life on Candler Rd, Bouldercrest, Cascade, Moreland Ave, Metropolitan, or the West End. The movie ATL is somewhat a better depiction of Atlanta than this "Show".

The show should be called the suburbs of Atlanta. Atlanta is still poverty stricken, homelessness is very real here hence the crime rate. Again this show should be called Gwinnett or Conyers. Donald Glover attended Lakeside H.S. a majority caucasian school in the suburbs. He has no real experience of life on Candler Rd, Bouldercrest, Cascade, Moreland Ave, Metropolitan, or the West End. The movie ATL is somewhat a better depiction of Atlanta than this "Show".
So if I go to Atlanta and find an old couple who has been living there for over 40 years, who have no knowledge of what goes on down Candler Rd etc, they're not really Atlanta?

So if I go to Atlanta and find an old couple who has been living there for over 40 years, who have no knowledge of what goes on down Candler Rd etc, they're not really Atlanta?
You won't find a couple like that, my great aunt is over 100 years old and still recalls events in Atlanta. If you're really from Atlanta  you'd know the city has been poor for a long time. More specifically in the black community in which this show is unsuccessfully trying to portray. 

You won't find a couple like that, my great aunt is over 100 years old and still recalls events in Atlanta. If you're really from Atlanta  you'd know the city has been poor for a long time. More specifically in the black community in which this show is unsuccessfully trying to portray. 

But they've shown shown poor Black people in the show. Hell, Ern is Black and poor. So what's not really Atlanta about it?

Show is literally about a poor black dude :lol:

If the show was all about the trap and bad side of Atlanta dudes would be complaining cuz they're showing us in a negative light.

I'm sleep though.

Last edited:
Man I stayed at my grandma house during the summer time off Covington Hwy by "Mamas" and had fam over in Glenwood. Cousin had us up South Dekalb Mall all the time. Idk if that's the hood but it was to me coming from the DMV :lol:. So from my experience this show ain't ATL nothing. Hints here and there but nothing to warrant it being called Atlanta so far. I'm sure it was to bring ratings in.

But they've shown shown poor Black people in the show. Hell, Ern is Black and poor. So what's not really Atlanta about it?
He isn't discriminated against and he has employment. Donald Glover is better off calling this show Midtown or Buckhead rejects. If you'd use your brain you can clearly see that this "show" and Snow on the Bluff have nothing in common but they both supposedly describe what life is like in an Atlanta hood. You're slow if you think FOX would allow a show that shed light on the real problems in the black community. It's a reason why Snow on the Bluff is on Netflix and Donald Glover's show is on "FOX" 

Man I stayed at my grandma house during the summer time off Covington Hwy by "Mamas" and had fam over in Glenwood. Cousin had us up South Dekalb Mall all the time. Idk if that's the hood but it was to me coming from the DMV
laugh.gif
. So from my experience this show ain't ATL nothing. Hints here and there but nothing to warrant it being called Atlanta so far. I'm sure it was to bring ratings in.
Exactly tell em man. I first met Gucci in South Dekalb Mall when they had the record store, before he became major. You can't pay Donald Glover to come to South Dekalb he'd get no respect. probably get called a nerd and then robbed. 

He isn't discriminated against and he has employment. Donald Glover is better off calling this show Midtown or Buckhead rejects. If you'd use your brain you can clearly see that this "show" and Snow on the Bluff have nothing in common but they both supposedly describe what life is like in an Atlanta hood. You're slow if you think FOX would allow a show that shed light on the real problems in the black community. It's a reason why Snow on the Bluff is on Netflix and Donald Glover's show is on "FOX" 
The show is called "Atlanta" not "Lil Mexico" or "Zone 6". Every Black man in Atlanta isn't living in urban poverty, selling drugs, and carrying Dracos in their car. What are you a Trump supporter?

That's like someone getting mad that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia isn't portrayed like the State Property movie.

The show is called "Atlanta" not "Lil Mexico" or "Zone 6". Every Black man in Atlanta isn't living in urban poverty, selling drugs, and carrying Dracos in their car. What are you a Trump supporter?

That's like someone getting mad that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia isn't portrayed like the State Property movie.
laugh.gif

You are clearly touched smh what type of lifestyle is paper boi trying to portray? 

You are clearly touched smh what type of lifestyle is paper boi trying to portray? 
The lifestyle you're saying is the real Atlanta, but somehow not in the show. Tell us why you confused. We're here to listen.

Questions to you ATL cats.

I know we're not invalidating another Black man's experience here, so is the only thing that's upsetting is the title of the show? Not being facetious here just real curious and feel free to expound.

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting?  

That'll be like the same show, taken place in Houston, and call it Houston.

Throughout the show, they're mentioning landmarks and shooting the film in Houston...

Outside of that, what are you guys looking for?  Some type of documentary ???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom