FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Personally I was upset by NY undercover because my local hole in the wall didn't have a top musical act every week. That ain't real NY.

Here's my take. As a dude that considers ATL a 2nd or 3rd home.

guccjermaine2 guccjermaine2 take is extreme, short sighted And limited. There are other experiences in ATL hoods than the "typical" one. A guy like Childish Gambino exists. Hell, guccjermaine2 guccjermaine2 is probably more Gambino's character than he knows. Earn's character is very real. And he has very relatable experiences.

However, he has a slight point. It feels like any city in the south. Atlanta, especially in the hood.....has a distinct look, feel, lingo and mentality and shared experiences.

Paperboi looks, talks and seems like a 2006 Miami dope boy. Additionally, the ATL music scene and the sound isn't reflective of what ifs really like for a bubbling local artist. Paperboy is an intersting character. But not an authentic one.

With Darius, they are going with an eccentric idiot savant like character. I just think it misses the mark.

Overall, I like the show. It gets a lot of things right. If we're strictly talking about the "authenticity" part.....some things were missed. I can understand how an ATL resident can say they missed some opportunities.

Disappointing how Corny and unsupportive the ATL dudes have been in here for another native.
you shocked bruh? look who talking crazy...then think about it. 

Yeah not paying that lunatic any mind, but in general Atlanta cats were hating before it aired. Like damn, why? ****** can show love to the most basic raps but any other form of entertainment act like it's an affront to their city. I may be wrong but I don't remember Gambino saying this would 100 be authentic Atlanta. I don't see this kinda fervor for the real **** of wherever. Now that's a poor representation.

Last edited:
Got bammas like lil Yachty ruining rap, but folks legitimately mad at how Donald Glover is choosing to tell a story in Atlanta.

Here's the bottom line; If you want a feel good story and want to be lied to like a female watch Donald Glover's show. If you're a man and can take the truth visit those places I told you about and get the reality of what Atlanta is. I am Atlanta always have and always will be, don't care who don't like it. Bunch of beta males rather be lied to than know the truth; How shocking 
laugh.gif
 SMDH

Here's the bottom line; If you want a feel good story and want to be lied to like a female watch Donald Glover's show. If you're a man and can take the truth visit those places I told you about and get the reality of what Atlanta is. I am Atlanta always have and always will be, don't care who don't like it. Bunch of beta males rather be lied to than know the truth; How shocking 
laugh.gif
 SMDH
So you basically want a story like The Wire?
laugh.gif
  Showing only the BAD angles of Atlanta..."Keeping it hood" 

Come on bruh. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Disappointing how Corny and unsupportive the ATL dudes have been in here for another native.
Gotta remember these dudes still decades behind us.

I stopped caring what ATL natives thought about the show when they were ******** on it before it aired and then after ep1.
The show isn't about your struggle. It's about Ern's and his living in ATL. What you want a scene of him walking down your block to be "real"?

The show is called Atlanta but it's nothing like Atlanta. It's exactly what you called it; a SHOW.
So you just now realized this is a show and not reality tv set in ATL? :lol:

That's a pic of Paper Boy and Ern though.

The pic comparison of 3000 and Big Boi?

That's Dariua and Paperboi

**** both of y'all :lol:

Dude edited his post after I pointed out the pic he posted was of Paper Boy and Ern but yeah I know y'all ain't read this:

"Racist against rappers... they all look the same to me."

You're right though. I ****** up.

Last edited:
Not sure why this was so hard to follow. season 4 is vastly different then the other 3.

What makes you think I don't get that? I'm not commenting on if it was different all I'm saying is that the 4th one didn't need to exist because it was trash. I acknowledge it was different,because the others weren't trash. You don't have to make your pointless point anymore

I was actually trying to agree with your posts...English is my forth language.

Here's the bottom line; If you want a feel good story and want to be lied to like a female watch Donald Glover's show. If you're a man and can take the truth visit those places I told you about and get the reality of what Atlanta is. I am Atlanta always have and always will be, don't care who don't like it. Bunch of beta males rather be lied to than know the truth; How shocking :lol:  SMDH

bro i get where you are coming from, but again this is a satirical comedy about a homeless dude trying to chase his dreams. I dont think it was trying to recreate 100% of atlanta. I have 2 friends from atlanta one from Buckhead and one from Bankhead and they both act the same. Both kinda nerdy into fashion type dudes that play 2k all damn day lol. The Bankhead cat just has a hotter tempter than youngin from buck. It all depends on who you are. I am from NY and I do sometime cringe at the way ny street cats are portrayed by these wack *** crime dramas, like nah we dont dress, talk, or act like that but what can we do but enjoy it and also get a sense of pride that your city is being represented.

Here's my take. As a dude that considers ATL a 2nd or 3rd home.

guccjermaine2 guccjermaine2 take is extreme, short sighted And limited. There are other experiences in ATL hoods than the "typical" one. A guy like Childish Gambino exists. Hell, guccjermaine2 guccjermaine2 is probably more Gambino's character than he knows. Earn's character is very real. And he has very relatable experiences.

However, he has a slight point. It feels like any city in the south. Atlanta, especially in the hood.....has a distinct look, feel, lingo and mentality and shared experiences.

Paperboi looks, talks and seems like a 2006 Miami dope boy. Additionally, the ATL music scene and the sound isn't reflective of what ifs really like for a bubbling local artist. Paperboy is an intersting character. But not an authentic one.

With Darius, they are going with an eccentric idiot savant like character. I just think it misses the mark.

Overall, I like the show. It gets a lot of things right. If we're strictly talking about the "authenticity" part.....some things were missed. I can understand how an ATL resident can say they missed some opportunities.

Being from Atlanta I can agree on all of this.

I like the show but does it show all of ATL like the music, clubs, the hoods, how we talk of course not . I think I heard like one dude in the jail scene that actually sounded like he was really from here. But Ern character is very relatable & it's quite a few people here that's just like that.

That dude in here thinkinin don glover gon create some type of gritty crime drama in the trenches of the ATL :lol: :smh: ...not everybody in Atlanta acts a certain way and he keep talking bout all the poor folks like that city ain't known as one of the places where alotta black ppl gettin real money n ballin , Atlanta ain't Detroit or Camden

That dude in here thinkinin don glover gon create some type of gritty crime drama in the trenches of the ATL :lol: :smh: ...not everybody in Atlanta acts a certain way and he keep talking bout all the poor folks like that city ain't known as one of the places where alotta black ppl gettin real money n ballin , Atlanta ain't Detroit or Camden
They want this to be The Wire so bad :lol:

nah they gotta find Fabo with his white frame shades. 

"Scotty beam me up, i wanna fly morning, none, and night...geeked up, geeked up."

pimp.gif

Last edited:
I can see why some people are critical of the show. The show was created by a guy who is from Stone Mountain and the experiences depicted in the show seems to loosely reflects a cat from the East Side of what is largely considered Atlanta. There are a bunch of aspects of the show that don't do the city justice, and that's not speaking specifically to the music scene. To be fair, I think a lot of it has to do with time constraints. There's only so many details you can give in a 24 minute window. People that are from Atlanta will pick up on the little nuances that were left out, but outside folks will be able to view it strictly from an entertainment standpoint.

As far as the music scene down here goes, I'd love to see Paper boi in the midst of Edgewood or Peter Street on a Friday or Saturday night. It would be cool if they could capture the energy of the Atlanta nightlife, since that's where the artists and their music are on the forefront.

I don't think it's fair to cast the perception that there is uniformity in the black experience here though. Atlanta generally refers to all the surrounding areas in the perimeter, It's unfair to say Snow on da Bluff is more or less representative of Atlanta life because Atlanta life encompasses more than what goes on in the hood parts like O9W or Mechanicsville. The black experience isn't that monolithic here, so it's tough for me to say someone has more or less of a claim to defining what Atlanta "should" be.

Being from Atlanta I can agree on all of this.

I like the show but does it show all of ATL like the music, clubs, the hoods, how we talk of course not . I think I heard like one dude in the jail scene that actually sounded like he was really from here. But Ern character is very relatable & it's quite a few people here that's just like that.
Ol boy in the orange was straight ATL. Told my wife to pay attention cause that's how a lot of us talk out there.

Ultimately to expect a show to cover every facet of a city 5 episodes in @ 22 mins per episode is crazy. We barely scratched the surface of the show. Hell, God forbid, Donald could have written some trash episodes that would ruin the show for the rest of the season but we haven't gotten there yet.

The show doesn't do a good job of capturing subtle things, and that has a lot of natives in a tizzy. I promise, when they show the first bad chick, and I mean bad by Atlanta standards, dudes in here will be amazed. But folks in Atlanta will look at it weird because bad ******* are so common place down here that it comes off as weird that it took them X amount of episodes before one is finally shown. :lol:

Little things like the accent and terminologies aren't captured, but my guess is that that is more deliberate so that more people can understand the main dialogue. Think back to when Migos were in episode. 2 or 3. THAT is how a lot of people sound in the city. But I can imagine that there are people out there who would have a harder time time following the dialogue if that's all you got for the entire show. It sucks, but I get it. FX is a network and is looking to reach a vast audience with their show, so I guess there were some necessary compromises from their viewpoint.

Atlanta is not just Snow On The Bluff that's not a real representation of the city either. If the show was just about that then we still would complain about how it portrays the city as poor where we only robbing people & selling dope. No one from Atlanta is really ever going to be all the way happy with how the city is portrayed. Just enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom