FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Show has interesting concepts. I REALLY think it would've done better as a movie as it takes some of the plots a while to unfold.

I wonder how that process goes, actually. Like how does someone determine if something is a movie or if it should be stretched into a series.

For a 1/2 second I had a thought that Darius wasn't real (like the Muslim guy on the bus.) Had an idea that he was like Tyler Durden and he's the subconscious of either Earn or Paperboi. :lol:

:nerd:

jk...kinda.

Lol.. This isnt Mr. Robot..

I don't think any of these messages have been subtle at all. He's been heavy handed as hell getting the messages across :lol:

Black Justin Beiber had me rollin' man. Show is amazing. I really want to say I'd love this to go a full hour, but there's real charm in the constraints and everything they manage to do in limited time.

In that shooting range scene did dude say 'n____ has struggled for too long!' or did I hear that wrong?:lol:

Has there ever been a time where half hour 'comedies' like Louie, Maron or Atlanta have paid so much attention to the message and visuals?

TV just continues to expand and get better. He's been working on this for years, good to see him follow through so strongly. Can't wait 'til next week.

Last edited:
ern intended to take his baby momma to a spot that had a all day happy hour. He didnt intend to spend that much money but of course the waitress upselling and she picking everything off the menu smh

ern intended to take his baby momma to a spot that had a all day happy hour. He didnt intend to spend that much money but of course the waitress upselling and she picking everything off the menu smh

Here's where he screwed up...should have at least checked the website or called ahead to see if they were still running this promotion.

Dude took JUST enough to cover the food/drinks (if the happy hour was going on.)

Stupid on his part.

..Question.. How is this show received by white viewers?

Feels like this should be more than just a cultural gem..

I'm white (by societies standards) and I love this show. It is hilarious at the same time presents social issues and addresses them with comical satire.

Not sure why anyone not black wouldnt be able to enjoy this show. Lol folks stay talking like Black people are some National georgraphic wild animal that needs to be studied.

We are regular people and this show is about regular people who live in atlanta lol.

Finally caught up on four episodes binge watch status

Enjoyed every minute
Gonna catch up on the latest tonight

The jail scene was hilarious !

But was heartbroken when they beat the mentally challenged man

In regards to that shooting range scene...

I just heard on the news while waiting for the traffic report, that a PAC group in NC is raffling off a semi-automatic rifle AND it comes with a picture of Hilary Clinton :stoneface:

Their comment on it was they aren't telling people what to do with them but they hear it is popular at the range :smh:

I can't give this show enough credit for being so good and deep. My dad and I crack up watching Atlanta. This is comedy in it's truest form. 

After hearing about the show a while back and seeing it being titled after my city I was worried it would flop and I'm lovin' the success of it. I hope they don't try to squeeze as many seasons out of it like how they did Boondocks.

First season, CLASSIC.

Second season. Practically Classic.

Third season. So close to Classic.

Fourth season. WHY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY DOES THIS EXIST

After hearing about the show a while back and seeing it being titled after my city I was worried it would flop and I'm lovin' the success of it. I hope they don't try to squeeze as many seasons out of it like how they did Boondocks.

First season, CLASSIC.

Second season. Practically Classic.

Third season. So close to Classic.

Fourth season. WHY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY DOES THIS EXIST
thats cause the creator, aaron mcgruder, got muscled out in between the 3rd and 4th seasons. no one is certain exactly why, but when sony got hacked a little while back and those emails got released there were convos that alluded to aaron mcgruder not putting out seasons as quickly and as often as they wanted.

I haven't watched The Simpsons in a while. South Park had it's weak seasons but it's hard to compare that show with any other show. It takes months to do a regular cartoon episode or shoot and edit a regular show episode. South Park can do an episode within a week and remain fresh. This show could go on for another decade easily if they don't get lazy. That final season of Boondocks was a redheaded stepchild. Aaron didn't give the blessing on that mierda.

south park/simpsons have 20+ seasons but 4 is too much for the boondocks....
Haven't watched the simpsons in a while but I'm amazed South Park is still on the air, every episode since ~05 comes across as trying to hard and over the top. I think the Boondocks had some creative control issues iirc. Probably because that show had too many gems underneath the humor :nerd:

south park/simpsons have 20+ seasons but 4 is too much for the boondocks....

I've seen 2 Simpsons episodes since 2003, and maybe 5 South Park episodes since 2008. I never hear people says much about the Simpsons, but I still hear people referring to recent South Park episodes.

what if paperboi and darius are like a fictional big boi and andre3000 :nerd:

Wee-bey

For a 1/2 second I had a thought that Darius wasn't real (like the Muslim guy on the bus.) Had an idea that he was like Tyler Durden and he's the subconscious of either Earn or Paperboi. :lol:

:nerd:

jk...kinda.

You're not alone.

I especially had that feeling when they were in the diner and he was stacking up salt and pepper shakers

that was Jaleel White playing ball with Paper Boi, right?

I was like "that's so random!" :lol:

The dog scene...

I was like... This is so stupid.

Re watched and wee-bey'ed all around my living room

Back
Top Bottom