Gilbert Arenas has some STRONG opinions on Kobe etc...

You hardly ever heard an NBA player speaking freely about his peers, so I'm sure we all can find it interesting......

I'm not mad at the dude, I just think that sometimes he gets overhyped for some simple things

Hate it or love it...The UNDERDOG'S on top​

If Agent Zero isn't your favorite player in the league, you must be mad insane!

Dude speaks the truth!

Quote:
If Gilbert ever retires, networks need to get their hands on him ASAP for a position as a basketball analyst.
New Jersey NetsMore Than A Game#1 Marcus Williams#2 Josh Boone#5 Jason Kidd - C#7 Bostjan Nachbar#11 Darrell Armstrong#30 Malik Allen#12 Nenad Krstic#15 Vince Carter#21 Antoine Wright#24 Richard Jefferson#20 Jamaal Magloire#35 Jason Collins#51 Sean Williams

Quote:
1) Washington has a better chance of getting out of the East than Cleveland? Well I guess Larry Hughes would rather play for a pretender than a contender? :smh:
smh.gif
look
..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Quote:
who knows what would have happened if the Wizards didn't get hit with the injury bug during crucial moments of the season last year. Remember, the Wizards were playing some GREAT basketball leading up to the All-Star break, and even had the best record in the East

I always feel that no matter how unfortunate, injuries are a part ofthe game...

Makes for pure speculation...maybe they would have continued their success, maybe teams would have figured them out.

Quote:
It's no secret that the Larry Hughes experiment in Cleveland has been a bust. There could be plenty of factors that play into why exactly that is, but fact of the matter, LH was more productive in Washington. It could be fore a number of reasons, but Gil was a big part of Larry getting that contract offer from the Cavs.

Oh I'm not denying the fact that Gil helped Larry LOOK better.
But isn't it more fair to say that it was the system more than one specific player? LH is my dude, his game isn't a KMart type where he needs a J Kidd type player to get him looks.

Quote:
Also, how many TRUE championship contenders are there in the East? A lot of people are jumping on the Celtics bandwagon, but they have yet to play a regular season game. Cavs have issues. Detroit is getting old. There is uncertainty in Chicago on whether or not the roster is going to be blown up to get Kobe. The Wizards have questions about defense

I think the Celts will take the entire reg season to develop chemistry but will be dangerous come playoff time. Cavs haven't gotten better this offseason so they are a def question mark. You say Detroit is getting old....well Sheed is old but big men who can shoot and post are a rarity in the league so he'll be alright. Chauncey is 31 but his game doesn't really rely on his youthful athleticism so I think that Detroit/age thing is vastly overrated.

Quote:
IMO, there is NO real contender for the championship who will come out of the East.

Size twelve, are you responding to my 3 answers?

I didn't say what gilbert said wasn't true. Maybe you didn't read my replies completely.

Quote:
mike brown is dumb for turning the cavs into a halfcourt team - trying to be a san antonio, with personnel that's better suited to play a golden state type of game
:lol:
laugh.gif

Say what you want about the talent levels of Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit but those are East's top teams because they DEFEND. I don't think any of those teams has multiple 20 point scorers either.
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James, D.Brown, S.Brown, Gibson, Hughes, Z, Damon, D.Jones, Marshall, Newble, Gooden, Bruise,Nichols, Simmons, Snow, Sasha​

he's on point. lmao @ airing out TT
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
If Agent Zero isn't your favorite player in the league, you must be mad insane!

rasheed wallace is, and i've been known to play like him (everyone always tells me to postup, but i shoot 3s better than my guards do, and i always play solid d and rebound, so if we got the ball back because of me, i'm gonna do whatever the @#%$ i want on offense), so if you ever play ball against me, you can be the judge of my sanity - i'd rather be called crazy or hot tempered than boring though.

Quote:
I don't remember the last MVP who's team wasn't at least a championship contender

moses malone in 1979 (his rockets lost in the first round)? and yes, i had to gahooyoogle that. i didn't really think kevin garnett's 2004 t-wolves had a chance either, but they at least made it to the conference finals before losing shadily against the lakers (yes, i watched every game of that series, and it was ridiculous how just about everytime kobe missed a contested shot, it was an auto-foul)

Quote:
GS offense is uptempo and works well because they have one of the best pg's in the L, controlling the flow

i was just tossing team names out there that kinda fit with the stereotypical "slowdown defensive juggernaut" and "run and gun team". i don't really know who control the flow in cleveland, but i did see lebron at SVSM and on team USA, and he benefits much more from an uptempo offense with ball movement than a halfcourt offense, and is there really anyone else besides him on the team that matters? maybe i was wrong in placing the blame on mike brown - danny ferry should have done a better job of building the right team around his centerpiece hometown hero, while he still has him. dude needs guys around him that can fill lanes on fastbreaks and actually finish, and catch-and-shooters that'll make teams pay for doubling.

Quote:
Say what you want about the talent levels of Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit but those are East's top teams because they DEFEND.
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
laugh.gif
gritty :smokin
smokin.gif

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

why is he feeling himself so much?
He has 2 other allstars, ofcourse their gonna average close to 20. When Kobe had shaq, Shaq had like 30 one year.
Team Clippers
TEAM SAINTS

His logic is flawed. Firstly, Kobe vetoed a trade involving Deng, he knows he needs some pieces to work with wherever he goes. Secondly, Gilbert must've not been paying attention to Laker front office moves since the Shaq trade. Their biggest FA signing was Radmanovic.

KOBE TO NYK
NO JEAN SHORTS ALLOWED​

I love how no one mentions how Kobe alters his game playing with capable scorers. He's right in a sense but realize they are running the triangle. That is the difference in why when Gil plays with certain players they shine because teams know the offense needs to run with him being at the point able to score.

He honestly don't think Wade, Lebron, or Kobe could have 20 a game partners in a running offense?
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

this is the same dude who said playing defense does not make a team better :rofl:
roll.gif

dawg, u have 2 other scorers and u only avg 6 assists. they're getting their shots b/c they jack it up after one pass (barkley exposed that 2 yrs ago). they just jack it up w/o looking for the best shot.

if gil is so good and he makes his teammaes so much better, u have 2 all-stars w/ u and u can't even go to the ECF? dawg, wassup w/ that?

I agree for the most part of what he said about Kobe. Kobe handled this situation very poorly to begin with.

I wholeheartedly agree with his comment about Tim Thomas. That's dead-on.

However, i also agree with grittyman on this:
Quote:
3) Sure he's making those other players LOOK better. But that's because the Wiz are an uptempo team....
THEFUTURE

I think a lot of you all are discrediting what Tawn and Juice can do. You all can point to the system as much as you want, but Antawn has been a scorer ever since his days at UNC. It's not like he just burst on the scene and surprised people by what he can do offensively since he came to DC. Dude has been a offensive threat since day 1 in the L. As far as Caron, I believe his scoring average has increased EVERY YEAR since he has been a pro. The system can only do so much.

Gil is a hater straight up! I liked him before this interview but I don't know about him anymore. He's a weak dude I aint gonna lie who calls out players like that for no reason? Worry about your own team beating the cavs in the playoffs then you can talk @#%$...

Peace

^ then tell your boy Kobe to A)Pass B) quit being a distraction C)Think things out before speaking D)play basketball. Obviously Gil is speaking the truth on this one. Anybody who is decently knowledgeable about basketball knows this. Its a simple concept. Why demand a trade involving the core of a team? Your going to be in the same situation, just in a new city. I dont know whats so hard to get about that
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Quote:
As far as Caron, I believe his scoring average has increased EVERY YEAR since he has been a pro. The system can only do so much.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

Quote:
I think a lot of you all are discrediting what Tawn and Juice can do. You all can point to the system as much as you want, but Antawn has been a scorer ever since his days at UNC. It's not like he just burst on the scene and surprised people by what he can do offensively since he came to DC. Dude has been a offensive threat since day 1 in the L. As far as Caron, I believe his scoring average has increased EVERY YEAR since he has been a pro. The system can only do so much

I don't think people are trying to take anything away from Jamison and Butler, they are just saying it is not necessarily Arenas that is making them better. I think your point just supports that. Those guys are scoring 20 a game because they are good and have the freedom to shoot on the Wizards, not just because Arenas is getting good shots for them. If anyone is not giving enough credit to Jamison and Butler, its Arenas.

Back
Top Bottom