Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by zapatohead408

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

Why would you ball in 1991 tech shoes anyway?

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

I got a question..what year did they start painting the midsoles?I stopped buying Jordan's from 99-06..I bought the white/metallic 4's back in 06 and after a year or so I worked various jobs in them and they still aren't cracking but they are beat to death..it might just be cause the midsole is white and not a dark color..none of my three pairs of 8's from 07 are cracking (playoff's/blue LS's/white,orange)

I got a question..what year did they start painting the midsoles?I stopped buying Jordan's from 99-06..I bought the white/metallic 4's back in 06 and after a year or so I worked various jobs in them and they still aren't cracking but they are beat to death..it might just be cause the midsole is white and not a dark color..none of my three pairs of 8's from 07 are cracking (playoff's/blue LS's/white,orange)

Originally Posted by HeartandSole44

Jordan's used to be made for hooping purposes. I feel like a majority of people copping now are just for casual wear or to keep ds anyways. 
As far as quality goes, I don't think it is any secret that the leather is harder and creases easier. And yes, the paint chipping is the worst. I do think that the leather and paint could be better, but other than that, I'm not trippin.

i dont have none of these problem with my kicks buy or dont there still going sell nothing will be like the past but thats wut makes it a good past

Originally Posted by HeartandSole44

Jordan's used to be made for hooping purposes. I feel like a majority of people copping now are just for casual wear or to keep ds anyways. 
As far as quality goes, I don't think it is any secret that the leather is harder and creases easier. And yes, the paint chipping is the worst. I do think that the leather and paint could be better, but other than that, I'm not trippin.

i dont have none of these problem with my kicks buy or dont there still going sell nothing will be like the past but thats wut makes it a good past

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

I'm not saying to ball in "1991 tech shoes" I'm just stating that in the years when Mike was playing they were made for the purpose of basketball.
I'm saying all these retros are being made to wear casually

I'm not saying to ball in "1991 tech shoes" I'm just stating that in the years when Mike was playing they were made for the purpose of basketball.
I'm saying all these retros are being made to wear casually

because that was your only choice back in 91

because that was your only choice back in 91

As a sneakerhead, you can feel the difference. Can't really show it here.

SJ XI vs. '09 SJ XI

CDP IV vs. '99 IV

Anni XI vs. Columbia XI

I can go on and on....In the end, JB quality has declined with ridiculous retros (fusions, %$*@'ikes, etc) to add to it. All went downhill since '03-'04.

As a sneakerhead, you can feel the difference. Can't really show it here.

SJ XI vs. '09 SJ XI

CDP IV vs. '99 IV

Anni XI vs. Columbia XI

I can go on and on....In the end, JB quality has declined with ridiculous retros (fusions, %$*@'ikes, etc) to add to it. All went downhill since '03-'04.

The leather on the OG 13s is a lot better than the retros, can just walk without a care but on the 05 Flints and breds I feel like I'm on a mission to make sure they don't crease. The low black/maize did have decent leather though imo.

The leather on the OG 13s is a lot better than the retros, can just walk without a care but on the 05 Flints and breds I feel like I'm on a mission to make sure they don't crease. The low black/maize did have decent leather though imo.

What is up with the acne on the mid-soles of the 09' Space Jams?
smh.gif

Question...do you guys buy the grails you want even though the quality has gone down on the particular pair that you want? For example, if your grail is the fire red III, did you buy it even though the paint peels like crazy? A part of me wants to pick up the CDP IV's (they're one of my grails) but I've heard they crack so bad; a part of me thinks it is not even worth it. What do you guys do? Do you guys buy your "grail" even though the retro quality is pretty crappy? Or, do you risk buying an older pair that you want even though they might not be wearable for very long?

Question...do you guys buy the grails you want even though the quality has gone down on the particular pair that you want? For example, if your grail is the fire red III, did you buy it even though the paint peels like crazy? A part of me wants to pick up the CDP IV's (they're one of my grails) but I've heard they crack so bad; a part of me thinks it is not even worth it. What do you guys do? Do you guys buy your "grail" even though the retro quality is pretty crappy? Or, do you risk buying an older pair that you want even though they might not be wearable for very long?

lol @ that guy who calls fusions "bad quality" just because they're fusions. i swear, half the people here don't know what the word "quality" means.

Originally Posted by rillo561

Only compliant I have is paint chipping and some squeaking on certain pairs.

then you're in luck. angelus paint will fix the first problem and baby powder the second.

Originally Posted by magicmike872

They went away from dying the foam because it would discolor. For example if you walked through a puddle of water it would act like a sponge and suck it up and discolor the faom. Trust me I had them and it is impossible to clean.

it aint just that they're painted. they can and still do much better. compare the midsoles of the white/cement spizikes and fire red 3 with the midsole on the black/red dub zero and you can see a massive difference. on the former it peels readily, on the latter it's on like glue. the paint quality on the dubs are fantastic, and yet it's on the IV midsole...

i keep hearing about the aqua 8, well i never got the retro but i beat down the og's the death back in high school and the paint NEVER flaked.

lol @ that guy who calls fusions "bad quality" just because they're fusions. i swear, half the people here don't know what the word "quality" means.

Originally Posted by rillo561

Only compliant I have is paint chipping and some squeaking on certain pairs.

then you're in luck. angelus paint will fix the first problem and baby powder the second.

Originally Posted by magicmike872

They went away from dying the foam because it would discolor. For example if you walked through a puddle of water it would act like a sponge and suck it up and discolor the faom. Trust me I had them and it is impossible to clean.

it aint just that they're painted. they can and still do much better. compare the midsoles of the white/cement spizikes and fire red 3 with the midsole on the black/red dub zero and you can see a massive difference. on the former it peels readily, on the latter it's on like glue. the paint quality on the dubs are fantastic, and yet it's on the IV midsole...

i keep hearing about the aqua 8, well i never got the retro but i beat down the og's the death back in high school and the paint NEVER flaked.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Ok....you must be a FOOL to not realize the decline in quality. 
To be honest, we're ALL fools for dropping $150+ on each pair of shoes that cost less than $15 dollars to make.
GG Nike. You will always win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom