Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

JJ is too inconsistent sometimes.
i want this team to play defense, if possible. we know damn well stat would never do that.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i'd pick amare any day of the week
smokin.gif
. seriously though whose with me with amare and joe johnson in 2010
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
like in phx?

^lol

amare better take next season as his audition for the knicks if he wants us to sign him...dude needs to show that he can not only get buckets, but get boardsand play defense. otherwise that contract is gunna be offered to bosh instead of him.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, right now number 1-5 in order of who we offer a contract is going to be

1. Lebron
2. DWade
3. Chris Bosh
4. Amare
5. Joe Johnson

I think we have the strongest chance of landing Amare and Bosh. Lebron already knows that he can win in cleveland and maybe becoming a legend in his home stateis more important to him than becoming a legend in NY while making more cake.

For Wade, not only do we have to hope he doesn't want to stay in Miami anymore (its gunna be hard for him to wanna be in NY during the winter time insteadof the beach,) but we have to compete with his hometown Bulls which is also a big market and has the right pieces to be a force if he signs. Wade + Rosebackcourt =
sick.gif
(in the best way possible)

I think Bosh is done with Toronto. Bosh definitely realizes that the only way he can get a legit second option on the team with him is through luck in thelottery. The raps will be stuck in mediocrity as long as he's there unless they get lucky with a pick.

Amare should be willing to take a pay cut to come to NY. Its obvious that he wants us more than we want him and he can probably make the money back inendorsements that he'll get playing here.

JJ has to realize that his ATL team is going nowhere as long as the Magic and Cavs are around. They're going to be getting bounced out of the playoffs inthe first or second round every year, which isn't bad...unless u really want a ring. And I'm sure he wouldn't mind a change of scenery and thechance to be under the spotlight as a star in NY. Plus it's gotta be the last shot that he'll have at landing some endorsement money.

Soooo worst case scenario we have Amare+JJ in 2010. I'll be hoping for 2 of the first 3 on the list though. And I really think that if we do get lebron andone of the top 4 guys that we can scoop up Nash + Dirk on the cheap too.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is Demar Derozan this years Gerald Green?

I'm still undecided on Curry. Yes he's a playmaker and all, but Jonny Flynn just has this aura about him that screams future star. When I look at StephCurry, I can't help but think about Channing Frye. Steph just seems like a good character kid who might not pan out as expected in the league.

If the Knicks had a higher pick, Rubio would be the ONLY choice I'd make. But with #8, I'll be happy with either Flynn or Derozan.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i'd pick amare any day of the week
smokin.gif
. seriously though whose with me with amare and joe johnson in 2010
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
like in phx?
yea except now both players are in their prime so a lineup of curry/flynn-joe johnson-chandler-lee/gallo-stat would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

How do you guys feel about Michael Petrus?? I think he has an expiring contract either this year or the next.
07015dedafc21e55dc8a2ce51bcc5699342cba5.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

i mean his J is def better but cmon lets not make the same mistakes as the past and over pay for a dude who has pretty much been not a scrub but nothingspecial at all for his whole career. Hes been on like 3 teams the past few years who is finally getting his name out there for doing a nice job on Lebron inone playoff series... I say pass

curry in shape? i really hope so. dude CAN be a beast, if in shape.
indifferent.gif

Curry will never beast nor has he EVER beasted in his career. Sure you can throw out the one season with 19.5 PPG but ill throw out that Isiah ran the worstoffense known to man it was either let Crawford do his little isos and everyone watch or the case in that year dump it into lardo in the post and just standaround and watch. And he fell off big once they started doubling him cause he did not know how to get around it and instead of exploiting it and finding openshooters (kind of like what Shaq used to excel at) he would either turn it over, barrel into dudes for an offensive foul, or force some dumb $+@ shot. Curry isgarbage. Throw out 19.5 ppg and than ill throw out in 35 mins per game as a starting center in the NBA dude averaged 7 boards a game and .5 BPG while turningthe ball over a pathetic 3.6 times per game for a center, and averaging only .8 APG. Dude is horrible and beyond worthless. He is lazy and he is soft. He nevergoes up strong for a dunk, he will never ever "beast." And it angers me to watch him rock Oakley's 34.
mad.gif

[h1]Knicks Call Grizzlies About Buying Pick And Acquiring Darko[/h1]
May 30, 2009 8:09 AM EST

Milicic_Darko_mem.jpg
According to a source, the Knicksoffered to purchase the Grizzlies' 27th pick for $3 million but were turned down.

The Knicks also have interest in trading for center Darko Milicic, possibly in exchange for Quentin Richardson. Both Milicic and Richardson are entering thefinal year of their contracts.

g8, you have an undeniable hate for curry.
can you at least give him a few games in mikes offense before you judge him.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

[h1]Knicks Call Grizzlies About Buying Pick And Acquiring Darko[/h1]
May 30, 2009 8:09 AM EST

Milicic_Darko_mem.jpg
According to a source, the Knicks offered to purchase the Grizzlies' 27th pick for $3 million but were turned down.

The Knicks also have interest in trading for center Darko Milicic, possibly in exchange for Quentin Richardson. Both Milicic and Richardson are entering the final year of their contracts.
pimp.gif

We WILL acquire another pick, believe it.

Walsh FTW
pimp.gif

we really talking about eddie curry?

its pretty obvious he lacks motivation...

i doubt he will even play 10 games

Q and Darko both expire after the upcoming season. Q is not needed on this team anymore if we want Wilson and Rooster to develop. We can use Darko as anaudition to see if he can bring anything to our frontline.

Originally Posted by BangDak

You do know D'Antoni was the coach last year and Curry never bothered to get in shape for him right?

First time posting in this thread, what's good to all the fellow Knick fans...

In regards to the four guards coming in for workouts, I think Flynn would honestly be the one to draft. What we need is a PG IMO. Duhon is just a holdover, andNate is still more combo guard than anything else. Flynn in an uptempo system would be ridiculous. Lawson would be my second choice, but not at such a highpick. Curry is a deadeye shooter but if his shot isn't falling he'd be a liability. I really don't have an opinion on Jrue Holiday though.

As for Amare wanting to be a Knick in 2010...expecting him to commit on defense isn't going to happen, so a defensive bigman to pair with him in thefrontcourt is going to be needed also.

And I gave up on Eddy Curry long, long ago.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You do know D'Antoni was the coach last year and Curry never bothered to get in shape for him right?
well hes getting in shape right now.
or so they say...

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Exactly EC had his shot and he blew it. He knew he had to get in shape but showed up at camp in his worst shape ever. He is a lazy worthless pieceof ++%$. I though Knicks fans like me respected work ethic and hard work? Cause i know back in the day when the Knicks used to win by outworking teams that++%$ would never fly. Its like some of yall have gotten soft on me. How can any of you guys forgive Curry for that? I no longer consider him a Knick. Back inthe day (If Currys weak ++%$ made the L let alone the Knicks back than) his !$$ would be superglued to the bench for good.

And about trading Q for Darko, not saying i like Darko (cause i dont) but the move does kinda make sense. I mean they both expire after the season and we deffneed more frontocourt help than another chucker especially with talks that we bringing in a guy like Curry who is responsible for A LOT of shots and i know idont speak for myself when i say i would rather see the ball being shot by the best shooter in the NCAA over a has been chucker. And Darko (along with Will)would probably be our best shot blocker right off the bat.
embarassed.gif
smh.gif

Also dont forget Darko WAS the #2 pick in one of the best draft classes ever. i mean he wasnt that for nothing. Maybe he is just a complete bust. But as seenin NY LB is no good at developing rookies especially foreigners coming into a new system/. Maybe Darko is just garbage, but if there is any chance that he canmake something of himself ever in the NBA, NY (most international city) under the NBAs most Euro-friendly coach (d'Antoni) on his expiring contract year,that would be the time to do it considering Darko has been pretty openly homesick and Memphis just isnt the place for it. Like i said maybe he is just trashbut i think he def hass the higher ceiling to be succesful than Q and if hes garbage, its not like we lost anything good and his contract expires and we ridourselves of him...

im just surprised mike is fine with leaving with q leaving. thought both of em were mad cool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the g8, he missed his chance, and now he's getting a second opportunity. do you believe in 2nd opps? i do.
if he blows it again, then ill have nothing to say, but until then, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Back
Top Bottom