GOAT APP legit?

I received a request to sign a W9 for a 1099 from what appears to be Dwolla the 3rd party that GOAT uses a few days ago. It was weird because it was sent to an email address not connected to my Goat account.

Has anyone else gotten a notification? And with the news that the reporting is delayed does it matter now?

I received a request to sign a W9 for a 1099 from what appears to be Dwolla the 3rd party that GOAT uses a few days ago. It was weird because it was sent to an email address not connected to my Goat account.

Has anyone else gotten a notification? And with the news that the reporting is delayed does it matter now?
Buddy of mine got the W9 request. Don’t have any further info regarding the matter though

I’m wondering if we still have to fill out the W9 now. This would suck since they literally sent the request a day before they announced the change. If so it makes you wonder if they did it because they knew this was going to be announced.

I got it too and ignored it. Youre good unless you have 20k+ in sales. IRS with the pump fake, wish I had sold more shoes last year. I need closet space.

I got it too and ignored it. Youre good unless you have 20k+ in sales. IRS with the pump fake, wish I had sold more shoes last year. I need closet space.
DWolla did reach out and confirmed that unless you have 20k plus in sales and/or over 200 transactions you didn’t need to submit anything for a 1099.

Anyone having issues with cash out to paypal today? I did a cash out for this morning, and has not gone through my paypal account yet.

It usually goes through right away for me with all my other cash outs.

Do you guys know if your sales gets reported to IRS automatically even if you don’t take out the funds out of your account?

It’s not reported as income until you cash out. If you leave it there and use it to purchase something on the site it’s considered GOAT credit.

Wanted to share a recent bad experience with Goat whom has usually been pretty great.

Sold a pair of Concord 11s new, unworn, box in great condition. They were flagged for discoloration which as the support guy says “is a natural part of the aging process and completely unavoidable”. (Referencing the clear sole of course)

IF this is unavoidable and natural then why stop the sale and not let it continue? Let the buyer make the decision and if he doesn’t like it he can sell it back through Goat or any other sales platform. I can understand if it’s yellow but still blue? (In this case the buyer never replied to Goat)

Anyway they did refund the fee to ship them back to me. Here are pics of them. Not very “discolored” I think.

IMG_4308.png
IMG_4309.png

Last edited:
Wanted to share a recent bad experience with Goat whom has usually been pretty great.

Sold a pair of Concord 11s new, unworn, box in great condition. They were flagged for discoloration which as the support guy says “is a natural part of the aging process and completely unavoidable”.

IF this is unavoidable and natural then why stop the sale and not let it continue? Let the buyer make the decision and if he doesn’t like it he can sell it back through Goat or any other sales platform.

Anyway they did refund the fee to ship them back to me. Here are pics of them. Not very discolored I think.

IMG_4308.png
IMG_4309.png

I’ve thought about selling my 11s, but there are so many in the “new with defects” section due to discoloration that were clearly taken by GOAT that it has scared me away. If I do sell them, I’m just going to put it in that category to avoid any issues.

Sold a pair of Concord 11s new, unworn, box in great condition. They were flagged for discoloration which as the support guy says “is a natural part of the aging process and completely unavoidable”. (Referencing the clear sole of course)

IF this is unavoidable and natural then why stop the sale and not let it continue? Let the buyer make the decision and if he doesn’t like it he can sell it back through Goat or any other sales platform. I can understand if it’s yellow but still blue? (In this case the buyer never replied to Goat)

Anyway they did refund the fee to ship them back to me. Here are pics of them. Not very “discolored” I think.

IMG_4308.png
IMG_4309.png
Seems like goat is looking out for the buyers on this one. I can see why they'd reject these especially if they have plenty that have no discoloration at all. Yours isn't bad but it's noticeable enough to bother me.

If I sell $2000-$3000 worth of shoes on Goat App but I don't cash out. Instead I leave it as goat credit and purchase more sneakers will I get a 1099 in the mail? A letter from irs? Does it get reported to irs?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, have a question maybe you all can help me out with. I have sold on GOAT before (about a year ago) with no issues. Everything was great. Recently decided to put up some more shoes and no matter what I do the listings never show up. I've been trying for 2 weeks. It says my listing is live, but when I check the site it is showing buy now pairs that are more expensive than mine. It's like all my listings are ghost listed or something. Anyone else ever have issues with listings not showing?

Hey everyone, have a question maybe you all can help me out with. I have sold on GOAT before (about a year ago) with no issues. Everything was great. Recently decided to put up some more shoes and no matter what I do the listings never show up. I've been trying for 2 weeks. It says my listing is live, but when I check the site it is showing buy now pairs that are more expensive than mine. It's like all my listings are ghost listed or something. Anyone else ever have issues with listings not showing?

By chance, did you ever put the app on “vacation”? If so, that may be your problem, that app still thinks you’re still on vacay.

Went to but a pair of Olympic 180s a couple of weeks ago...sent an offer on a used pair...no response...ok. Went to pay full price...seller cancels with no explanation. So odd. I wonder why the seller canceled.

Check on the app alias, it’s probably on there.

All of em suck now. Something needs to rise from the underground to facilitate selling shoes in a safe way. Preferably only for actual sneakerheads that have to sell shoes that didn't work for them and not resellers.

All of em suck now. Something needs to rise from the underground to facilitate selling shoes in a safe way. Preferably only for actual sneakerheads that have to sell shoes that didn't work for them and not resellers.
eBay almost got ran out of business because people can't trust other people. Nevermind that fugazis have stepped their game up.

Back
Top Bottom