GOAT APP legit?

I've stopped using ebay for selling hyped shoes. First, they banned me for selling Yeezy because they said Yeezy is known as high selling risk because of fakes and number of complaints. But yet I've still lots of Yeezy sale posts on ebay. Go figure. Since then, I stop completely using ebay.

GOAT been good to me. Average time to get my payout is within 3-4 days. Maybe that's a perk living in the same state (Cali)
tongue.gif

I don't have to worry about that stupid charge back or false claims by buyers.

View media item 2251853If you want to get approved on goat sooner. Here's what you do

Send an email with 5 pair of shoes you plan to sell individually with your Goat username.

That is the only way to be approved faster than the 3 month wait. How I know? I requested to sell and waited two weeks and Junar told me to send what I had to sell, they approved me on the spot after I sent that email.

-Shoestoppa

Last edited:
If you want to get approved on goat sooner. Here's what you do

Send an email with 5 pair of shoes you plan to sell individually with your Goat username.

That is the only way to be approved faster than the 3 month wait. How I know? I requested to sell and waited two weeks and Junar told me to send what I had to sell, they approved me on the spot after I sent that email.

-Shoestoppa
I only emailed them last time without telling them what I'm planning to sell, and I got approved immediately. Maybe I got lucky.

Has anyone who has purchased from Goat ever returned a pair? If so, I have a few questions.

Here's what Goat states about returns:

Returns
We accept returns on any New In Box/No Box sneakers that are in the same condition as when shipped. We’ll refund you for the amount you paid, less the shipping costs to and from you in the form of GOAT credit. Evaluation process may take up to 7 days from receipt. GOAT reserves the right to make the final decision on all return cases

Questions:

How long did it take to get refund (credit) after they received shoes back? Was it within the 7 days?
Was credit an email or a voucher of some kind?
Does the credit have any expiration date?
What did they deduct for shipping costs? I don't need to know the amount, just it it was fair or higher so you would pay if you mailed it yourself.
How do you use credit, there is no place on site I could find to apply credits.

Sorry to ask all these questions but I emailed Goat a week ago and still no response.

Thank you

Has anyone who has purchased from Goat ever returned a pair? If so, I have a few questions.

Here's what Goat states about returns:

Returns
We accept returns on any New In Box/No Box sneakers that are in the same condition as when shipped. We’ll refund you for the amount you paid, less the shipping costs to and from you in the form of GOAT credit. Evaluation process may take up to 7 days from receipt. GOAT reserves the right to make the final decision on all return cases

Questions:

How long did it take to get refund (credit) after they received shoes back? Was it within the 7 days?
Was credit an email or a voucher of some kind?
Does the credit have any expiration date?
What did they deduct for shipping costs? I don't need to know the amount, just it it was fair or higher so you would pay if you mailed it yourself.
How do you use credit, there is no place on site I could find to apply credits.

Sorry to ask all these questions but I emailed Goat a week ago and still no response.

Thank you
I asked. Im in pittsburgh and they wanted to charge me 4x.xx in shipping to and from so I just kept the shoe 

I sold a pair of shoes on goat yesterday. Immediately sent them off. Now today I get a email from them saying there's a delay and that the tracking hasn't updated, and if it doesn't the order can be cancelled and my commission rate may increase. Wtf I can't help if ups doesn't update the tracking online. I literally sent them as fast as humanly possible from the time of sale :lol:
First pair I've sold on goat btw

Last edited:
I sold a pair of shoes on goat yesterday. Immediately sent them off. Now today I get a email from them saying there's a delay and that the tracking hasn't updated, and if it doesn't the order can be cancelled and my commission rate may increase. Wtf I can't help if ups doesn't update the tracking online. I literally sent them as fast as humanly possible from the time of sale
laugh.gif

First pair I've sold on goat btw
Anybody having issues like this should email them and also use the Contact Us button in the app to write to them. I've been in communication with GOAT almost daily now because of shipping errors and similar delays. At one point within the last two weeks, my order for a pair of Yeezys was canceled after initially being sold but because of a wierd occurrence I think they are letting my situation slide and allowing my sale to go through as processed. My pair was already on route to them when it got cancelled through the app. I've also mentioned the idea of allowing the sellers to choose their courier of their liking, but they said that type of function just hasn't been developed yet. It's hurts because if you get a sale Thursday night - Friday morning or night your order won't have any movement until Monday morning when using UPS..and every cancelled order is -10 points I believe which is way too harsh 

Anybody having issues like this should email them and also use the Contact Us button in the app to write to them. I've been in communication with GOAT almost daily now because of shipping errors and similar delays. At one point within the last two weeks, my order for a pair of Yeezys was canceled after initially being sold but because of a wierd occurrence I think they are letting my situation slide and allowing my sale to go through as processed. My pair was already on route to them when it got cancelled through the app. I've also mentioned the idea of allowing the sellers to choose their courier of their liking, but they said that type of function just hasn't been developed yet. It's hurts because if you get a sale Thursday night - Friday morning or night your order won't have any movement until Monday morning when using UPS..and every cancelled order is -10 points I believe which is way too harsh 
I feel that.
They actually emailed me back pretty quick and am now awaiting their response. I told them I can't control the fact that it doesn't update. Appreciate your response though

I got pissed when GOAT started forcing me to use UPS instead of USPS. I emailed them about it and got some ******** response about it being better for sellers and customers. I explained that USPS provides FREE shipping boxes and picks up outgoing packages for FREE and that UPS does neither and that it is a hassle for sellers to have to go to UPS to drop shoes off. They had no response. GOAT raised fees and switched to UPS to benefit their bottom line. It has nothing to do with making it better for buyers and sellers.

Last edited:
I got pissed when GOAT started forcing me to use UPS instead of USPS. I emailed them about it and got some ******** response about it being better for sellers and customers. I explained that USPS provides FREE shipping boxes and picks up outgoing packages for FREE and that UPS does neither and that it is a hassle for sellers to have to go to UPS to drop shoes off. They had no response. GOAT raised fees and switched to UPS to benefit their bottom line. It has nothing to do with making it better for buyers and sellers.

I still use USPS boxes& slap a UPS label on there [emoji]128518[/emoji]. I done got use to the knit picking. Only thing I think they need to fix is cashing out people faster.

GOAT has been smooth to me lately. If they decline a shoe I just sell for low and take the loss. It will be good for tax purposes.

What's this about Ebay? I've been hearing a lot about seller orders being cancelled due to high risk items

Personally, I actually prefer UPS to USPS for the fact that every time I drop something off at UPS, there is a short line and they always scan my package immediately and offer me a dropoff receipt. USPS almost always has a line when I have a chance to drop something off and they only scan packages at a rate of 35-50% at most. Whether I wait in line or not, USPS always tells me to just drop the package off at the front desk. Because of this, I sometimes I don't get any tracking updates until my package is already in SoCal. 

Also, I believe GOAT has had instances of high value shoes being stolen or lost by USPS. I believe a member noted that Yeezy's they had purchased had been stolen. 

So, UPS is far more trustworthy or reliable in that instance as well. Their insurance policies are better as well too from my understanding. 

Last edited:
Just warning some of you in case you sell something

Ship out ASAP! Especially in the next few days, lots and I mean lots of mail during this season so there will be delays. If you can't wait for your money then sell elsewhere, just giving some of you a warning before you sell something and forced to wait longer due to shipping.

EDIT: forgot they switched to UPS. Last year around this time I had a few packages take close to two weeks to get delivered because of the holidays with usps

Last edited:

Ship out ASAP! Especially in the next few days, lots and I mean lots of mail during this season so there will be delays. If you can't wait for your money then sell elsewhere, just giving some of you a warning before you sell something and forced to wait longer due to shipping.

EDIT: forgot they switched to UPS. Last year around this time I had a few packages take close to two weeks to get delivered because of the holidays with usps
#this - they received my shoes on the 1st and tonight they authenticated and gave me the funds. Not like I need the funds right away but at least I wont be getting a charge back like on ebay 25 or so days later

Personally, I actually prefer UPS to USPS for the fact that every time I drop something off at UPS, there is a short line and they always scan my package immediately and offer me a dropoff receipt. USPS almost always has a line when I have a chance to drop something off and they only scan packages at a rate of 35-50% at most. Whether I wait in line or not, USPS always tells me to just drop the package off at the front desk. Because of this, I sometimes I don't get any tracking updates until my package is already in SoCal. 

Also, I believe GOAT has had instances of high value shoes being stolen or lost by USPS. I believe a member noted that Yeezy's they had purchased had been stolen. 

So, UPS is far more trustworthy or reliable in that instance as well. Their insurance policies are better as well too from my understanding. 
UPS has better up to the minute tracking and once GOAT knows that is in the system your good. You can always drop your packages off at Staples.

I dislike UPS because you cannot simply put a hold on your mail like the USPS.
Since I'm often away, I hate it when UPS puts those stickers on my door telling everyone I'm away.

The final straw with UPS is when they started charging you to hold the package at the local station.
For me, UPS is the last choice.

I got pissed when GOAT started forcing me to use UPS instead of USPS. I emailed them about it and got some ******** response about it being better for sellers and customers. I explained that USPS provides FREE shipping boxes and picks up outgoing packages for FREE and that UPS does neither and that it is a hassle for sellers to have to go to UPS to drop shoes off. They had no response. GOAT raised fees and switched to UPS to benefit their bottom line. It has nothing to do with making it better for buyers and sellers.[/quote

Well said my man.

This time around is the worst time to ship because of the rush holiday. But if you are the seller and lives in Cali, this might not affect you too much. Average time for your items to get to GOAT is within 1 day or two. And takes about another day or two for them to authenticate and give you cash out. After you get your cash out, you basically off the hook. I guess it sucks for the buyer who lives in midwest or east coast.

Goat is great but recently it took some time to authenticate my shoes. i sent them on the 23rd and funds were available on the 1st. i will continue to use them over the other companies though.

This time around is the worst time to ship because of the rush holiday. But if you are the seller and lives in Cali, this might not affect you too much. Average time for your items to get to GOAT is within 1 day or two. And takes about another day or two for them to authenticate and give you cash out. After you get your cash out, you basically off the hook. I guess it sucks for the buyer who lives in midwest or east coast.

Doubt UPS has much for a hold up

With USPS I feel this thread would be flooded with complaints :lol:

HAD A PAIR OF KICKS SOLD AND GOAT WANTED TO REVIEW IT "FOR SAFETY" WHATEVER THAT MEANS.. THEY CANCELLED THE SALE AND RELISTED MY PAIR SMH.. HOPEFULLY IT WAS FOR THE BEST BUT THERE'S NOT EVEN AN EXPLANATION.

Goat is great but recently it took some time to authenticate my shoes. i sent them on the 23rd and funds were available on the 1st. i will continue to use them over the other companies though.
The only problem I have is that my listing still shows up as Cancelled even though GOAT has already received my pair. I can't review the progress of the pair, so I'll be emailing them every two days waiting for my funds to be available. 

Back
Top Bottom