Going to Jamaica in two week. Reccomendations, warnings, tips?

Staying in Negril for a week with my girl.

1. I want to get high on the beach. Real high.

2, I want to eat good.

3. I don't want to get robbed.

Just make sure you get jerk pork at some point. Jerk pork made on the wood like its supposed to be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Im going back in July havent been in a long time. I'm so Americanized now, that its gonna be funny to see my family who I havent seen in forever. 

I'm not from that side of Jamaica but its so easy to obtain weed where I'm from, I cant imagine it being any much harder over there, its probably easier since its such a high traffic tourist area. Just ask someone to be honest, no one is going to say anything.

Last edited:
go to a beach that has the food huts on it. they cook the jerk chicken right there on the spot

go to dunns river falls if possible and climb that ****

dont go to kingston obviously

drink a red stripe :pimp:

You're in Negril area.  You'll be fine.  If you do visit any smaller towns, don't do nothing even remotely gay.

Stay out of the Gaza

Keep your girl close to you, because Delroy is plotting.

Don't wear anything suspect, because them ****** WILL chi chi man stomp all over you

Enjoy the weather, and drink some good young coconut water

Stay out of the Gaza

Keep your girl close to you, because Delroy is plotting.

Don't wear anything suspect, because them ****** WILL chi chi man stomp all over you

Enjoy the weather, and drink some good young coconut water

Yes, do get authentic jerk, coconut water, make a trip to ocho rios, check out dunns river falls.

Negril is a lot of fun...make sure you eat at Shark's. I stayed at the Tensing Pen (sp?) resort a few years back.

Be careful at night, doe. Saw a guy get his wig split w/ a brick in a convenience store over some ****.

white t and shorts ( or whatever you wear to be comfortable). No watch or jewelry. Wear nothing that makes it look like you eat 3 meals a day. Always be aware of your surroundings. Be blessed and enjoy.

Last edited:
Make sure you goto Margaritaville and Dunn's Rivers Falls and Park ( this is an amazing waterfall you get to climb )

Also you will be approached by the Jamaicans on the beach, make sure you dont get no dirt and always go lower than what they are asking for. You can literally get a 8th for 10, Qrt for 30 and so on. Just tell them this is all you got it works.

when i went i had my taxi driver drive me and my homie out of the resort, I had a blast dude let us up spark up in the taxi and all. Pretty much gave us a tour of places to not visit by yourself

damn i need to get back.

So many houses that are BEAUTIFUL without no roofs though

I remember it was my last day out there before coming back to the city the homie i met on the beach every morning to match up with asked if i had any extra bathing suits he can have, i said sure man here have these. Dude let me ride his Jetski till i had to leave i was on that thing for a good 2 hours loving life. 

you will be coming home saying "MON"

anything else let me know ill be glad to help.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to go to Jamaica but wanted to experience it without being confined to a resort but me being asian would make me stick out like a soar thumb.

Is Kingston that bad? I always wanted to go to a concert out there.

I've always wanted to go to Jamaica but wanted to experience it without being confined to a resort but me being asian would make me stick out like a soar thumb.

I've never been, but I hear that there is a large asian population

You gonna have to take a taxi everywhere but should be fairly inexpensive since everything is in close proximity, I don't suggest you to walk anywhere not because of danger, but the road in Negril can get extremely narrow and have plenty of blind corners. 

You will enjoy your time, went last summer and it was great. 

As far as 
pimp.gif
, if someone on the street (taxi, people they have to inquire about things in the area) doesn't offer you some as soon as you get there just ask. They know what people come to Jamaica for. And don't let them rob you with the price either, $15/$20 should be more than enough for a week.  

Enjoy Bro. 

Last edited:
I've never been, but I hear that there is a large asian population

Really? I had no idea. I just want to take damn photos there but of the culture of Jamaica and everyone says I could get robbed for my camera. I guess that can be said at a lot of place but I thought I would be more of a target since I'd stick out like a soar thumb but if there are other asians there, then maybe I can blend since we all look alike. Haha.

Really? I had no idea. I just want to take damn photos there but of the culture of Jamaica and everyone says I could get robbed for my camera. I guess that can be said at a lot of place but I thought I would be more of a target since I'd stick out like a soar thumb but if there are other asians there, then maybe I can blend since we all look alike. Haha.

plenty of chinese jamaicans....

plenty of chinese jamaicans....

Yeah he couldn't be more wrong.

Last edited:
Have fun bruh. Really beautiful. I was born there and also going back this summer. Dunns River falls is nice,and the
smokin.gif
 is just as good. don't know much about the resort life tho since i stay with fam. But definitely have a blast 

I want to go. My boys go like twice a year. I've never been able to go. Next time I gotta go. They never had any problems of thievery you guys always say is popular in Jamaica.

I read there are a lot of Asian Jamaicans, but are they in the hood? I would assume they wouldn't be if they chose to move there.

They're in every aspect, uptown, downtown , country, hood etc. My first cousins are Asian and they live in a rural area. Get it through your heads, our motto is "out of many, one people".

Back
Top Bottom