got in a car wreck with a industrial truck. vol my ___ hurt

so i was driving down a street heading to LSU to workout at the rec center and this industrial truck just pulls into the street to make a turn out of no where. i tried to brake but there was nothing i could do. I hit it. Airbags went off. radiator got destroyed and all leaked out. Smoke began to come out of my car. My front end is pretty much gone. Besides car damages I'm hurt. the back of my neck hurts and my back in certain positions. my right wrist hurts along with my middle knuckle. and my chest was hurting at the scene but not too bad. My chest just doesn't feel the same. i also get pain in the back of my head but in pulses every now and then. My car got towed and I'm carless. Officially its the other guys fault. Do you think I'm getting paid to cover my car damages or for my car? what about my injuries? i still haven't hit up my insurance as of yet. going to the doc tomorrow. anyone had any experience like this and how much did you get paid? i need a car asap. I'm a college student who commutes plus i need to get to work etc. 
btw i was in a honda civic

fotolia_377193_XS.jpg

Hit your insurance asap if you need a car and find out if your's or the drivers will cover a rental in the meantime.

op it depends on if he admitted fault or of officer said it was his fault. usually if you have injuries its going to be a long battle. I would def go get a checkup and forward it to his insurance company..

Insurance will try to settle with you. They should provide you a rental until the outcome if they take fault. It can be a long process or short as 3 weeks. It all depends on your case and you havent explained in  oo much detail for me to give you anymore advice

the officer and the other driver agreed that i was not at fault. the driver of the truck was at fault. i had right away

Someone at my work got hit by a car and got his back all screwed up. The other driver payed for his PT

type up a detailed account of what happened, and make sure not to incriminate yourself (even though it looks like your straight already), that way you have something to read when you hit up your insurance company and his insurance company hits you up. Also put together all accident information (insurance, vin, license, location, speed, diagram, etc.)

call your insurance immediately. let them start things from their end.

go to the doctor. obtain at least 4 copies of records from the visit including any/all followups. Forward one to your insurance company and keep the other 3 on deck for court proceedings.

hit up a local accident attorney, theyre a dime a dozen. And to be completely honest, considering how %*!!%+ most accident attorneys are (straight ambulance chasers from third & fourth tier law schools), you would probably be better off hitting up yelp and finding a 3L law student who just studied torts and crim and is looking to make some cash + get experience to help you out for MUCH cheaper than your local 555-5555 Krasinsky & Friends accident firm. Just make sure they go to a good school (anything on here should be okay http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html )  It may seem like the older established "legit" firm people have more experience, but as far as i'm concerned they just rip people off and get them less money than they should be getting just so they can win the case and keep their case % high..  

get the ball rolling sooner than later, and youll get paid (in prescription fun and cash) sooner rather than later.

sorry to hear about it fam, but take full advantage of this situation at hand

shouldve went to the doc straight from the accident.

also thank god your fine bro, considering you were driving a civic
laugh.gif

go get that paper, one of my mans was riding his motorcycle to work when a 18wheeler cut him off and almost killed him, dude broke his leg and the whole 9, he got like a 300K settlement after taxes.

Sue, and sue them for everything they got...
Especially for that industrial truck! 
pimp.gif

you can sue and they'll settle....probably get around 10k....is something...hope you feel better.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

you can sue and they'll settle....probably get around 10k....is something...hope you feel better.

this happened to my grandma and she got around 14 million she was even in the papers.

If you do sue...prepare for the long haul. I'm in a lawsuit now and it will be a year in Dec. And my case is no where near complete.

Feds rear ended me.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

If you do sue...prepare for the long haul. I'm in a lawsuit now and it will be a year in Dec. And my case is no where near complete.

Feds rear ended me.
No. Your lawyers just suck.

Back
Top Bottom