GQ: Most Stylish Men in America

Am I the only one that thinks "originality" should factor into one's style? Everyone in that feature had pretty much the same type of look :Tight fitting dress clothes with maybe an ironic splash of color thrown in somewhere. Not impressed. Not that I consider myself stylish, I just don't thinkthese fashion gods deserve this type of honor when you know that when the next fad rolls around in a year or 2 they'll all just be dressing like each otheragain.

indifferent.gif
at that list

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

When tight and in-the-water pants are considered stylish then you kow that something has gone terribly wrong in the world

Im surprised T.I. was on there though anyway

You don't keep up with high-end type fashion huh? XXL FUBU Jean shorts it is for you then.
U serious with that comment fam? Just because i dont like wearing nut huggers i automatically wear my clothes OD big huh?

U sound ignorant so GTHOWTBS

i'm looking at the slideshow, and i dont see any tight pants, all i see are well tailor slacks/pants ...
grin.gif

i wish jason schwartz didnt wear those grimy sneakers. ti is a surprise in the list. shoulda put dro in there instead, GQ dont know about black boy swag whiteboys tags
pimp.gif

BTW André Balazs had the best outfit from the whole bunch
00004f.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Money has a LOT to do with it, if I were wealthy I already know what suits/brands I would be wearing plus I can get them custom tailored.

LOL @ Kanye being there dude can't dress for $$%!.

Who says you need high end brands to be stylish..?

Bankhead
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

a few of them guys lookin dapper...rest of them lookin like clowns though.

Exile On Ivy St wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks "originality" should factor into one's style? Everyone in that feature had pretty much the same type of look : Tight fitting dress clothes with maybe an ironic splash of color thrown in somewhere. Not impressed. Not that I consider myself stylish, I just don't think these fashion gods deserve this type of honor when you know that when the next fad rolls around in a year or 2 they'll all just be dressing like each other again.

While true, you have to consider that this is for GQ and has to cater to GQ readers.
Not to stereotype or be racist but if it were a Complex Most Stylish Men in America then we might see Jim Jones, Lupe, Kanye (of course
laugh.gif
) and Lil Wayne in the list.

TI is one of the worst dressed people I have ever seen in the mainstream media. He has money for expensive things, but doesn't look natural in anything -he's always trying really hard to look cool because he doesn't have a style of his own. His stylist is the only reason he is evenremotely likely to be anywhere near any list like this. I mean, look at how he wears his beanie
smh.gif
and the way he wears his clothes - slim jacket, shirt,sweater with oversized pants is NOT a good look
smh.gif

I hope nobody seriously tries to dress like that clown.

00010f.jpg

jack purcells with a suit?
00009f.jpg

dirty adidas with a suit?
00008f.jpg

plaid slippers with a suit?

to be stylish, things have to be a little different, sure, but dirty sneakers with a suit is just not a good look. gq's for people who don't alreadyfollow style and want to have some of trends explained with broad generalizations and nice photography

Back
Top Bottom