Graduating from HS--- a big accomplishment??

I say its a big deal. I know and know of alot of kids that dont make it to the 12th grade, let alone graduate due to a whole range of problems (legal and personal) that they run into.

I say its a big deal. I know and know of alot of kids that dont make it to the 12th grade, let alone graduate due to a whole range of problems (legal and personal) that they run into.

I guess it depends on where you are from. Of course for the privileged, it isn't a big deal at all. But in some areas, the drop out rate is very high. So I can understand why there is a celebration for it.

So as many others have said, it depends on where we are speaking of.

I do think the completion of every level deserves some sort of recognition. It can serve a purpose other than letting someone know "this is it."

I guess it depends on where you are from. Of course for the privileged, it isn't a big deal at all. But in some areas, the drop out rate is very high. So I can understand why there is a celebration for it.

So as many others have said, it depends on where we are speaking of.

I do think the completion of every level deserves some sort of recognition. It can serve a purpose other than letting someone know "this is it."

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

pssh NO. HS was the easiest stuff the pass. Like honestly, if you dont graduate HS, you are a complete incompetent moron
Get off of your high horse man. Remember everyone receives different forms of education. Some hardly NONe, while others get enough. Yes it might be easy for either you and I but what about Sean that had to work to support his family (since his father isn't around and his mother thought it was a good idea to have a lot of kinds she really couldn't handle) and missed too many days of school. Then he told himself, "What is the point."

So before you make statements like that remember that people fail for reasons other than low intelligence.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

pssh NO. HS was the easiest stuff the pass. Like honestly, if you dont graduate HS, you are a complete incompetent moron
Get off of your high horse man. Remember everyone receives different forms of education. Some hardly NONe, while others get enough. Yes it might be easy for either you and I but what about Sean that had to work to support his family (since his father isn't around and his mother thought it was a good idea to have a lot of kinds she really couldn't handle) and missed too many days of school. Then he told himself, "What is the point."

So before you make statements like that remember that people fail for reasons other than low intelligence.

For me hell nah...it was expected...but for some families it's a big accomplishment.....

High school was easy sauce, i could graduate with my eyes closed

For me hell nah...it was expected...but for some families it's a big accomplishment.....

High school was easy sauce, i could graduate with my eyes closed

It's saddening to realize that the bar is set so low in the United States that graduation from high school is looked upon as anything more than an expected and assumed prerequisite in a person's life to gain and establish a necessary foundation of knowledge to be used towards application in basic adult life in careers and in normal everyday thinking. It's no wonder why this country is struggling with its foothold in the global race towards the future's thinkers innovators and leaders.

It's saddening to realize that the bar is set so low in the United States that graduation from high school is looked upon as anything more than an expected and assumed prerequisite in a person's life to gain and establish a necessary foundation of knowledge to be used towards application in basic adult life in careers and in normal everyday thinking. It's no wonder why this country is struggling with its foothold in the global race towards the future's thinkers innovators and leaders.

it's something you're SUPPOSED to do (barring any major tragedies/events, which should only delay getting a HS diploma).

it's something you're SUPPOSED to do (barring any major tragedies/events, which should only delay getting a HS diploma).

i dont believe its much of a big deal. its easy enough for anyone to graduate. if you do not graduate then good luck in life

i dont believe its much of a big deal. its easy enough for anyone to graduate. if you do not graduate then good luck in life

Anybody else understand what I mean? Like... me graduating wasn't celebrated, it was required and expected.

That's because graduating HS is the first major step to the rest of your life.  It is important.

Just because it wasn't celebrated for you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter.  Sucks that you didn't get at least a dinner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, it's major.

Anybody else understand what I mean? Like... me graduating wasn't celebrated, it was required and expected.

That's because graduating HS is the first major step to the rest of your life.  It is important.

Just because it wasn't celebrated for you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter.  Sucks that you didn't get at least a dinner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, it's major.

i didnt think it was that big of a deal for myself, but many around me took it to the heart. those who worked hard to get their hs diploma i respect. those who slacked etc, get no sympathy from me

i didnt think it was that big of a deal for myself, but many around me took it to the heart. those who worked hard to get their hs diploma i respect. those who slacked etc, get no sympathy from me

I understand what you are saying and I slightly agree. But there are many other things that are damn near guarantees that happen in a human's life that we still celebrate. First steps, first words to name a few. Just because something is expected doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a milestone. The acknowledgment of it is nice but I can understand the idea that it shouldn't be treated as a big deal FOR SOME. As I said before, certain people aren't EXPECTED to make it that far. I think it is hard for some of you to understand that because you are on the outside looking in. But everyone in the US isn't expected to succeed.

I understand what you are saying and I slightly agree. But there are many other things that are damn near guarantees that happen in a human's life that we still celebrate. First steps, first words to name a few. Just because something is expected doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a milestone. The acknowledgment of it is nice but I can understand the idea that it shouldn't be treated as a big deal FOR SOME. As I said before, certain people aren't EXPECTED to make it that far. I think it is hard for some of you to understand that because you are on the outside looking in. But everyone in the US isn't expected to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom