Graduating from HS--- a big accomplishment??

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

It's saddening to realize that the bar is set so low in the United States that graduation from high school is looked upon as anything more than an expected and assumed prerequisite in a person's life to gain and establish a necessary foundation of knowledge to be used towards application in basic adult life in careers and in normal everyday thinking. It's no wonder why this country is struggling with its foothold in the global race towards the future's thinkers innovators and leaders.
What's even more saddening is the state of our educational system given the amount we are capable of. Just as saddening is the fact that not all students are given equal chances of actually being given the skill set to not only attain at least a high school diploma but to also be at that grade level and go further than that if that's what they so choose. I know too many students where the choice was made for them.
ohwell.gif

It's saddening to realize that the bar is set so low in the United States that graduation from high school is looked upon as anything more than an expected and assumed prerequisite in a person's life to gain and establish a necessary foundation of knowledge to be used towards application in basic adult life in careers and in normal everyday thinking. It's no wonder why this country is struggling with its foothold in the global race towards the future's thinkers innovators and leaders.
What's even more saddening is the state of our educational system given the amount we are capable of. Just as saddening is the fact that not all students are given equal chances of actually being given the skill set to not only attain at least a high school diploma but to also be at that grade level and go further than that if that's what they so choose. I know too many students where the choice was made for them.
ohwell.gif

I think so, especially in some places. Think of it as a stepping stone to that next stage of your life
pimp.gif

I think so, especially in some places. Think of it as a stepping stone to that next stage of your life
pimp.gif

Barring Mental illness. In the United States everyone should graduate. School is free, and they swoop you up.

Barring Mental illness. In the United States everyone should graduate. School is free, and they swoop you up.

graduating HS is a big deal where im at, especially for girls. A lot of these young fast girls get preggo @ like 10th/11th grade so graduating HS is not easy. And even if a child didnt "struggle" in school, they still deserve something for having to go through all those test, dealing with dickhead teachers, etc

graduating HS is a big deal where im at, especially for girls. A lot of these young fast girls get preggo @ like 10th/11th grade so graduating HS is not easy. And even if a child didnt "struggle" in school, they still deserve something for having to go through all those test, dealing with dickhead teachers, etc

Originally Posted by West2East

ohwell.gif
Precisely, West2East. 

Originally Posted by West2East

ohwell.gif
Precisely, West2East. 

Coming from my family it doesn't mean anything. But, people fail to realize other people's situations. Most of us have had our parents/family pushing us in school and there for us. Some kids go home to no one there and no one that even really cares about them. So, for a kid that has to pretty much completely motivate themselves its a big deal for them to accomplish.

Coming from my family it doesn't mean anything. But, people fail to realize other people's situations. Most of us have had our parents/family pushing us in school and there for us. Some kids go home to no one there and no one that even really cares about them. So, for a kid that has to pretty much completely motivate themselves its a big deal for them to accomplish.

if the odds are against you then IMO it should be considered an accomplishment. I mean I have a BS and MS and don't really even feel like it was that hard, but if you are surround by people dropping out and a family that doesn't care if you do or not then I think you should be proud of yourself. a lot of people sell themselves short because there is no one to believe in them. sometimes you just gotta believe in yourself, which isn't easy when you are just beginning to learn to be an adult.

if the odds are against you then IMO it should be considered an accomplishment. I mean I have a BS and MS and don't really even feel like it was that hard, but if you are surround by people dropping out and a family that doesn't care if you do or not then I think you should be proud of yourself. a lot of people sell themselves short because there is no one to believe in them. sometimes you just gotta believe in yourself, which isn't easy when you are just beginning to learn to be an adult.

Depends in what situation you're in. If you *@!%+$ up in the beginning and managed to graduate, it feels like an accomplishment for getting all your +%@% together in the end but, if you were on track since the beginning towards the end, then it wouldn't feel like it is.
....To me it was, +%@% was a mission to graduate for %@*%#+% up my junior year. I was stuck taking 12 classes in the end, cause of my credits. Having normal school, and adult school together from 730AM-9PM.
smh.gif
So to me it was an accomplishment cause I managed to walk the stage with the rest of the class.

Depends in what situation you're in. If you *@!%+$ up in the beginning and managed to graduate, it feels like an accomplishment for getting all your +%@% together in the end but, if you were on track since the beginning towards the end, then it wouldn't feel like it is.
....To me it was, +%@% was a mission to graduate for %@*%#+% up my junior year. I was stuck taking 12 classes in the end, cause of my credits. Having normal school, and adult school together from 730AM-9PM.
smh.gif
So to me it was an accomplishment cause I managed to walk the stage with the rest of the class.

Graduating HS was too easy. I did about 5% of homework during my time in HS and still managed to graduate.

Graduating HS was too easy. I did about 5% of homework during my time in HS and still managed to graduate.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Co sign. Stop making excuses about "not having opportunities"...even the dumbest people who can barely even read or solve math beyond a 6th grade level graduate high school. You need a 2.0 to graduate...you can get Ds in every class and still graduate if you take a physical education and elective course each semester and get As in them. Our educational system is a joke
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom