gravedigging... can someone tell me why is it so bad?

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

DipsetGeneral is corny
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He bumped a two year old Diggy thread with a Meek Mill video
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He'll have like every post in a useless thread.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

No one cares about what Lil Wayne ate for dinner
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The only grave digging I approve of is one of those lurker/interesting pictures thread.
And the one I laughed at the hardest was the guy asking what a half caesar haircut looked like only to ask again 1 year later...Now THAT was comedy. But most of them are annyoing

A lot of yall don't know what threads not to gravedig. A lot of you are not bumping with informative posts. I've seen dudes bump old PYP threads, any thread based around lulz, or just old gf problems/story threads just cuz.

That's why I like that some mods have just decided to lock threads after a certain period.

Really though what are yall doing on pg 322 anyway?

Originally Posted by Solerunner

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by imthekang

YO [table][tr][td]Night Marcher01[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Can i get that o.g. avy

You should go and gravedig that "Female's GAP appreciation" thread.
laugh.gif

I have a feeling you are one of those dudes that like dudes to like their chick
laugh.gif

Well it's not like I told him who she was, just told him where he could find it. And since this thread is about gravedigging, I thought it would be HILARIOUS if he gravedigged that thread. Yahearrrrdd?

Originally Posted by Solerunner

You should go and gravedig that "Female's GAP appreciation" thread.
laugh.gif

I have a feeling you are one of those dudes that like dudes to like their chick
laugh.gif

Well it's not like I told him who she was, just told him where he could find it. And since this thread is about gravedigging, I thought it would be HILARIOUS if he gravedigged that thread. Yahearrrrdd?

lol....im on it.....
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I never understood it myself. I get flack for it but I NEVER bump a thread that is time sensitive. If I come across a new Jason Williams clip that I want to share with NT, I will post it in a pre-existing Jason Williams thread. Why would I make a new one? I don't know, it is like wearing hats inside. A pointless "rule" that people want to enforce.

I agree with the comment about NT'ers being pressed to say, "Why are you gravedigging." I just view it as dry snitching.
This one time you gravedug a post about a knicks trivia contest i made and you bumped it two years later.. 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
 Contest was already over, I didn't need the answer anymore...

I seriously doubt that. I make a conscious effort to not bump time sensitive posts. I am sure it was someone else and I (as usual) got blamed for it.

Bro, don't deny it 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 That old avy is still engraved in my memory...you bumped the thread with a link to a NBA stat website

gravedigging is necessary especially if a thread is pending an update. Like that thread about the dude who predicted the end of the world .....then the thread was bumped on that day... 

The best one was the dude made a thread about a haircut around dec 17 2010 i think.....then reply to his own thread around dec 20...but in 2011...literally waited a year for his answer to his thread. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

What about ol boy that was tossing and turning all night for a year over what a half moon fade was?

If nobody dug that up he probably wouldve offed himself 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

DipsetGeneral is corny
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He bumped a two year old Diggy thread with a Meek Mill video
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember when MrWavez bumped an old Nelly "Stepped on My J's" video from 3 & 1/2 years ago in the Jordan Forum with a response about when the Concord 6 rings were gonna drop.......when they dropped 3 years ago 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

The best one was the dude made a thread about a haircut around dec 17 2010 i think.....then reply to his own thread around dec 20...but in 2011...literally waited a year for his answer to his thread. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

That was hilarious. He came back a year later and said "anybody?". People were posting the Sting .gif. I was cracking up at that thread.

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

roll.gif
roll.gif

That was hilarious. He came back a year later and said "anybody?". People were posting the Sting .gif. I was cracking up at that thread.
i need that link to that thread i can use a good laugh

Originally Posted by El Duderino

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by El Duderino

what is to gravedigging?

its when you post in a thread that's kinda old... 
i guess the cut off date is a year...

after a year, you post in the thread and it brings it back to page one...

most times, people get super pissed and post a bunch of 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 after it...

then they'll say "why did you gravedig" "ban this fool" etc etc...

even if its in lieu of the convo, fambs... people will still try and spazz...

Thank you ricky409. your name in real is ricardo yes?

naw, fambs.. rickery tickery tock...  (that would be dope)
my real name is ricky, doe.

Originally Posted by ijapino

It depends on how you're gravedigging...

If you're replying with something informative, then it'll usually get a pass. It's those people who are obviously only trying to boost their post counts with one word comments and in multiple threads who will get the axe...

And yes, I have banned peeps for unnecessary gravedigs.

that's the thing though, fambs... it doesnt get a pass cuz people will follow it up was 
indifferent.gif
 instead of either contributing or not saying anything at all.
those are the ones who are making unnecessary posts... 

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Well, do you read 2 year old newspapers? I didn't think so.
naw... but i'll check a 2 year old Slam magazine out in a minute...

also, there are literally dozens, if not hundreds of new members in the past calender year that will regularly post in general.

what's wrong with bringing up some lulz that they may have missed out on?

i fell outta my chair laughing when i seen some of the "I just seen Pharrell" thread...

i wasnt around when that happened.

I don't get it either. I have been banned for it, and the thing is I "gravedug" the thread and people were still responding afterwards so they were just fine until finally someone points out that is an old topic and then everyone else in typical nt sheep mentality starts quoting their stonefaces and posting gifs we have seen a trillion times.

What is the point of the search button of dudes are just going to ovaryact and start crying if you post in something older than a week old or past the first 4 pages?

Like for example I have a thread in Sports called the 'head over the rim' thread that is posting and celebrating extremely athletic plays on the basketball court of that caliber. It has been a few weeks without something new to add, but the other day both Blake Griffin and Gerald Green made plays that should be added for "eek value and part of the thread was vertical leap discussion, comparison of people, etc. but I am scared to post it because I don't want to get banned again. This is my 2nd screen name and I am blessed I was given this 2nd chance.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

The gravedigs in Sports & Training are hilarious sometimes
laugh.gif

I don't have a problem with it

It's necessary though, with some of the dumb @*** said in S&T making people eat crow is priceless.

Back
Top Bottom