Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were actually quite a few pairs of Authentic Concords we saw turn up on RD with clear toecaps further proving these are all coming from the same place. ?
Turned where? From retail stores? If so I'm sure people were able to get their money back. As far as early release sites go I have no clue as I've never spent money with one.

Jus because a bootleg movie is the same quality as OG, dont make it authentic. Good point
oh really?
laugh.gif

da reason those "same quality" bootlegs exist is because da screener's copy

which is circulated to da media for review purposes WHICH IS LEGIT leaks..try again.
That's kind of a silly tangent.  Are some bootlegs based on copies submitted to reviewers?  Sure, but it's not required.   What about an illegal PPV stream?  Are they using a "screener's copy" of a live event?  

I don't even see where that matters.  You could've just said "they all are based on authentic source material."  And?  

It's still illegal.  You can claim that this is an unintended consequence of Nike's outsourcing strategy and that's all fine and well - but it's still illegal.  That's the bottom line.  

Where NikeTalk is concerned, we don't want anyone promoting illicit merchandise, whether that's illegal drugs, counterfeit/"unauthorized" sneakers, or pirated media. 

He doesn't even know if that's what's even going on....he assuming that's the case and misinforming and misleading people into thinking they are the same in which he has no sufficient proof. Now he has sources.......like he went and took an internship within the last few months or had a forgein exchange student move in. Come on quit yappin rumors and provide something factual instead of encouraging people to participate in illegal activities under false pretenses

Jus because a bootleg movie is the same quality as OG, dont make it authentic. Good point
oh really?
laugh.gif

da reason those "same quality" bootlegs exist is because da screener's copy

which is circulated to da media for review purposes WHICH IS LEGIT leaks..try again.
That's kind of a silly tangent.  Are some bootlegs based on copies submitted to reviewers?  Sure, but it's not required.   What about an illegal PPV stream?  Are they using a "screener's copy" of a live event?  

I don't even see where that matters.  You could've just said "they all are based on authentic source material."  And?  

It's still illegal.  You can claim that this is an unintended consequence of Nike's outsourcing strategy and that's all fine and well - but it's still illegal.  That's the bottom line.  
we've BEEEEN established that these were a ethical red flag, that wasn't da problem..da discussion at hand was comparing these

grey markets thats been hitting da scene and comparing them to their retail counterparts and da fact that they're identical.

comparing pirated software to grey market products is a bad comparison anyways considering software is technically "always legit"

because of da media which playback exists under, what makes software "illicit" or not is its distribution and its

abstract not physical...and that isn't a standard

metric because importing legal merchandise and having it play in a different region can make a legal product illicit.

going back to da sneakers, this is why they're called grey market..legit merchandise going thru non traditional/questionable channels.

Hes the secret owner of the taobao shops hahahahahaha

Jk

But thank u meth

I wondered where i got my such strong stance on fakes. It came from the old days of NT. same thing with my stance on resellers

1-2 pair of a shoe, cool if u sell one.

Buying 3+ (including diff sizes) and selling at least two, grimey resellin.

Those were before the days of instant sellouts and 1000 pairs on ebay

Hell, even the 1999 retros RARELY sold for over 300. 250 was steep.

Then again u could get TWO pairs of cements in 2003, for the price of ONE today

An meth, since ninjahood will only listen and respect you,,,

Tell him since he admitted the patent cut is different from the 2009, an the blue sole (which was clear in 2009) is different

THAT THEY ARE NOT IDENTICAL

He doesn't even know if that's what's even going on....he assuming that's the case and misinforming and misleading people into thinking they are the same in which he has no sufficient proof. Now he has sources.......like he went and took an internship within the last few months or had a forgein exchange student move in. Come on quit yappin rumors and provide something factual instead of encouraging people to participate in illegal activities under false pretenses
do you go around and telling reporters "yo you're lying unless you give up your sources"? no.

so when i tell you "i got sources" it already implies these people would prefer to stay anonymous.

you THINK im assuming because i aint giving up my source, doesn't mean im misleading or talkin like im misinformed.

i have my source that deals DIRECTLY with factories that are aware of da situation with nike as well as are in contact with

nike themselves, TRUST nike knows exactly whats going on, but due to da fact that they are dealing with independent contractors.

they are powerless to stop it due to da massive corruption that involves da chinese government themselves as well as organization who

profit off these grey markets. its da unavoidable part of outsourcing their products to places they dont have 100% control over.

Tell him since he admitted the patent cut is different from the 2009, an the blue sole (which was clear in 2009) is different

obviously they aren't identical. like I said, his philosophy is if they are close, they are just as good as the real deal. he's now convinced himself far enough that he has miraculous word directly from the factories.
mean.gif

comparing pirated software to grey market products is a bad comparison anyways considering software is technically "always legit"
Funny, that's the exact reason the comparison was made to begin with.  

The quality is irrelevant to its legality - and that is the ONLY issue we're concerned with. 

do you go around and telling reporters "yo you're lying unless you give up your sources"? no.

so when i tell you "i got sources" it already implies these people would prefer to stay anonymous.

you THINK im assuming because i aint giving up my source, doesn't mean im misleading or talkin like im misinformed.

i have my source that deals DIRECTLY with factories that are aware of da situation with nike as well as are in contact with

nike themselves, TRUST nike knows exactly whats going on, but due to da fact that they are dealing with independent contractors.

they are powerless to stop it due to da massive corruption that involves da chinese government themselves as well as organization who

profit off these grey markets. its da unavoidable part of outsourcing their products to places they dont have 100% control over.
You have a source that deals directly with the factories but your buying shoes off the middle man....mental kicks???? Come on dog that makes no sense at all...you purposely get middled yet you have a connect?

The quality is irrelevant to its legality - and that is the ONLY issue we're concerned with. 
doesn't apply because "hypothetically" if footlocker/champs/finishline inventory of jordans get poached before ever reaching stores

da "selling" of that property makes it a problem, not da ACTUAL product, which is what is being discussed here.

obviously they aren't identical. like I said, his philosophy is if they are close, they are just as good as the real deal. he's now convinced himself far enough that he has miraculous word directly from the factories.
mean.gif
*sigh* they ARE identical...da issue here is da ETHTICS of their origin..NOT da actual product.

no ninjahood, you THINK they are identical. there have been plenty of comparisons out there why should we believe a guy like you who is just saying THEY ARE IDENTICAL IVE HELD BOTH. You coach yourself into believing they are "legit pairs" how do you know they have legit air units in them?? Have you ever dissected one? I've seen plenty of videos stating otherwise compared to what you state and present as "this is how it is I know everything and yall are ALL wrong" that's literally all you say over and over buddy. why do you still want to try and give confidence in something we know isn't being made the exact same way a nike pair is? you know deep down it isn't the exact same. it is NOT identical. if it was then they would have the same exact setup and scenario as if they were producing a run for nike. it's been proven through comparisons that the "grey market" are not the exact same and only someone thinking as shallow as you are would believe otherwise
mean.gif

doesn't apply because "hypothetically" if footlocker/champs/finishline inventory of jordans get poached before ever reaching stores

da "selling" of that property makes it a problem, not da ACTUAL product, which is what is being discussed here.
How does it "not apply"?  

You're talking about products that - from their very origins - are illegal.  Not only that, but if somebody were encouraging other users to buy Air Jordans that "fell off a truck" we'd kick them out of the forums, too.  A site selling stolen merchandise doesn't exactly belong on the legit list.  Where NikeTalk is concerned, a product of illegal origins is not "just as good" as one that's completely legit.  To say otherwise is no better (or more interesting) than to claim that pirated software is "just as good" for its intended purpose as legitimate software.  It doesn't matter.  The central issue is its legality. 

I really don't understand why this is such a difficult distinction to comprehend.  

both method man and yourself make good points.

as an organisation, Niketalk cannot be seen to support illegal activity. it is up to us as individuals if we are comfortable with being a part of something legally questionable. personally, i have no problem with it, but i can't make this call for others. also i can't be imposing this onto the Niketalk organisation.

for me and you, it is all about quality. there is no point continuing the "it is/it is not the same quality" back and forth. the two claims are incompatible, and the situation is permanently stuck.

*sigh* they ARE identical...da issue here is da ETHTICS of their origin..NOT da actual product.

Sigh?

You said yourself, and ive said it to u

1. Patent cut is different=not identical
A. U respond by saying "thats how the OG were"

2. The sole is blue=not identical
You respond by saying "well once they yellow they are the same.

They are not. The blue tinted soles look different from the clear soles when yellowed

I gave u two differences which means they are not identical, and u gave excuses for each difference, after acknowledging then

Patent cut and sole color

NOT IDENTICAL TO 2009!

no ninjahood, you THINK they are identical. there have been plenty of comparisons out there why should we believe a guy like you who is just saying THEY ARE IDENTICAL IVE HELD BOTH. You coach yourself into believing they are "legit pairs" how do you know they have legit air units in them?? Have you ever dissected one? I've seen plenty of videos stating otherwise compared to what you state and present as "this is how it is I know everything and yall are ALL wrong"
you just hardheaded b, bottomline
laugh.gif

i have NO INCENTIVE to lie or "coach myself " into saying anything but da truth. da truth is i have retail pairs, compared them da grey market

space jams to my pairs and its DA SAME THING.

everything you're saying to detract from them ALSO happens to retail pairs (varied cuts in patent leather)

and ya only saving grace to tell da difference da age of da rubber which becomes irrelevant when you wear em and they begin to yellow.

jesus christ...hardheaded ****** b
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Sigh?

You said yourself, and ive said it to u

1. Patent cut is different=not identical
A. U respond by saying "thats how the OG were"

2. The sole is blue=not identical
You respond by saying "well once they yellow they are the same.

They are not. The blue tinted soles look different from the clear soles when yellowed

I gave u two differences which means they are not identical, and u gave excuses for each difference, after acknowledging then

Patent cut and sole color

NOT IDENTICAL TO 2009!
this is FALSE
laugh.gif
once they begin to yellow they'll look like EVERY pair of XI's out.

patent leather cut changes with EVERY XI's RETAILS INCLUDED so thats ALSO a bad metric.

try again.

No its not. All space jams from 09 follow the same cut. The 2001 are different. These aint 2001 grey market space jams

Ninjahood go pull out your yellowed concords. Now get you yellowed space jams.

Ur gonna tell me those two shades of yellowed soles are the same?

The space jams from 2009 came with clear bottoms. Not blue. When they yellow, it looks more yellow than the yellowing on a blue sole

Ninjahood is the only person on earth who thinks yellowed space jam soles from 2009 are the EXACT SAME color as the yellowed concord soles....whih are on his grey market SJ

jus because dey are made in an authorized factory, makes dem real without the consent of nike. dere is becoming a fine line between da fakes and da real. I say dey are knockoffs? jus my opinion

How does it "not apply"?  

You're talking about products that - from their very origins - are illegal.  Not only that, but if somebody were encouraging other users to buy Air Jordans that "fell off a truck" we'd kick them out of the forums, too.  A site selling stolen merchandise doesn't exactly belong on the legit list.  Where NikeTalk is concerned, a product of illegal origins is not "just as good" as one that's completely legit.  To say otherwise is no better (or more interesting) than to claim that pirated software is "just as good" for its intended purpose as legitimate software.  It doesn't matter.  The central issue is its legality. 

I really don't understand why this is such a difficult distinction to comprehend.  
because "fell off da truck" jordans = illegal because da crime committed, NOT da actual product being sold.

grey market jordans = "HIGHLY questionable origns" but da actual product isn't questionable, because its da same product.

like i said, da ethics subject on them were put to bed A WHILE ago (Nike is well aware of whats going on, take that for what its worth)

what is being discussed here is da actual product because whether

you like it or not, these products have flooded da market, and are identical from their retail counterparts.

since buying and selling sneakers from eachother ISNT illegal, da thread here is discussing da ACTUAL product at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom