Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

smh.gif
Damn, this just $$%+$# up my day...

This just made my day.
smile.gif

I ain't even on suicide watch.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ahh well then, I guess I have to see Matt Diaz, Frenchy and Josh Anderson or Brandon Jones as part of the outfield again this season. Griffey on the Bravescould've put a lil boost in the Braves outfield.
ohwell.gif

But good luck to the kid going back to where he started. I see another mediocre season in ATL.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Braves stay getting +%++#%! on by free agents. Atlanta sports FTL
QFT Frank Wren couldn't get AJ Burnett, Furcal, Smoltz
frown.gif
and now Griffey.

pimp.gif

Not even a baseball fan, but Seattle sports have been depressing this year. We needed something good like this.

Interesing news leading to Jr.'s decision...

Griffey's decision aided by Mays
Past legend offers advice to future Hall of Famer
By Jim Street / MLB.com

PEORIA, Ariz. -- A Hall of Fame outfielder apparently played a key role in Ken Griffey Jr.'s decision to sign with the Mariners.
A telephone conversation with Willie Mays on Wednesday morning helped Junior decide that he was better off returning to the team that he grew up with, rather than the closer-to-home Braves, who have their Spring Training in Orlando, about 20 minutes from Griffey's home.

Mariners president Chuck Armstrong told MLB.com Wednesday night he received a phone call from former Mariners infielder and MLB Network broadcaster Harold Reynolds on Tuesday, asking the club executive if he would mind calling Mays, who wanted to talk to Griffey but not if it would be an imposition.

Armstrong jumped at the opportunity to talk to arguably the greatest player in baseball history, placed a call to Mays, and the wheels to Griffey's return to the Northwest hit the ground running.

"Willie said he didn't want to impose, but he explained why he thought Ken needed to come back to Seattle," Armstrong told MLB.com from his Seattle-area home. "He asked if it was OK for him to call Junior. Willie talked about the legacy aspect of it and how it was for him when he went from the Giants to the Mets at the end of his career.

"He couldn't have been nicer about it. I told him, 'Willie, you are the reason Junior wore No. 24 in Seattle.'"

Mays called Griffey on Wednesday morning and apparently hit a home run.

"We can't thank Harold and Willie enough for what they did," Armstrong said.

Originally Posted by DEpast

The Atlanta Journal Constitution is making a habit of bad reporting.

First it was Furcal resigning with the Braves, now this.

C'mon news staff.
Also I am not sure about the Bobby Knight going to UGA stuff was accurate.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

yes yes, some 1 post the gif of camron dancing, the kid on his birthday

YESSS!!! Very happy for Griffey.

Not camron, but:

Next, Seattle needs to retro the Teal Mariners Jersey

pimp.gif

I hope to go watch an Angels vs. Mariners game this summer back in Anaheim

pimp.gif

Good to hear he chose to go back to where it all started
pimp.gif

I'll definitely have to get tickets for when the M's come to town.

Back
Top Bottom