hairline crack on windshield

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad
I have a huge hairline crack on my windshield..

it started as a small little crack like this (crack in this pic is super big... mine was literally the size of a pea)
059c1be5b2ea47fda04ea95eceb8af91.jpg

but now it escalated to a huge hairline crack like this (not my pic) but from left to right (one end to the other) on my windshield..

241548d1260251074-now-how-heck-did-my-windshield-develop-crack-03122009001.jpg

is this a safety hazard or can I just leave it? i dont want my damn glass to break in the middle of driving lol

Get it replaced

Shoulda got the chip filled soon as it happened. Think it’s like $20-30 bucks at any glass shop

Happened to me last year

it started as a small little crack like this (crack in this pic is super big... mine was literally the size of a pea)

but now it escalated to a huge hairline crack like this (not my pic) but from left to right (one end to the other) on my windshield..

241548d1260251074-now-how-heck-did-my-windshield-develop-crack-03122009001.jpg

is this a safety hazard or can I just leave it? i dont want my damn glass to break in the middle of driving lol

You're going to have to have the windshield replaced. As Bert. Bert. said, you need to get chips fixed almost immediately. Talk to your insurance company and see if they will cover the entire cost.

LOLOL at that ACE Ventura gif

had the same 2 chips in my windshield for like 5 years, shrugs.

LOLOL at that ACE Ventura gif

had the same 2 chips in my windshield for like 5 years, shrugs.

I ain't gonna lie. I've had a crack on Civic's windshield for almost two years now and it goes about halfway down on the passenger side. I like to leave it there to remind me to keep grinding:lol:

j/k. I'm just lazy and usually drive my other car's :smokin

Get it fixed. Last thing you want is for it to break and have huge shards of glass cutting your face and throat while you're driving 60mph

Just use duct tape bro....

I live in Miami and our windows survive Category 5 hurricanes every year with just tape :rofl:

jk.

Get it fixed homie.

Exact same thing happened to my car. I swear I think the chip got there while getting my oil changed.

059c1be5b2ea47fda04ea95eceb8af91.jpg

Had a car in front me wheels fling a small rock into my windshield. started like this, grew about a foot within 2 mins. Your insurance (if it doesn't suck) should pay for the new windshield. Will it shatter? Maybe/maybe not, but it is a HUGE eyesore and a cop magnet.

I ain't gonna lie. I've had a crack on Civic's windshield for almost two years now and it goes about halfway down on the passenger side. I like to leave it there to remind me to keep grinding:lol:

How did you get it to pass inspection with a cracked windshield tho?
In almost two years - you had to bring it at least once to get inspected. Crack must have been very small.

Get that fixed. If you catch it early its generally cheap. I had one and got it fixed for $20 around the way. Some guy has a little stand and people just pull up and get em fixed.

Depending on where you live also plays a part in dealing with windshield cracks. Talking to the guy who was fixing mine and he said that for people who live in areas like up north or east coast, a small crack can be bad because water can enter the crack. Depending on the season it is, the water can freeze which will make the crack expand and grow which ultimately will make the repair cost increase.

Back
Top Bottom