Half of black males in U.S. arrested by age 23...

most people i know been bagged at least once, regardless of race. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Never been to jail, haven't even been pulled over in my own car before.

Im probably gonna get locked up one day because I always end up having weed in my car :smh:

I guess dudes don't know the hood is being patrolled more so than other areas...the school I work in is in a predominately black area, as is the case with most HBCUs, and we have another college in the city that is predominately white. 

How come the police can be found posted up in the parking lot across from our campus at times, but in the college across town outside in an area mostly white the police don't patrol nearly as much? But the same, if not more disturbances can be found at that college. But there is never a constant police presence near, or around that campus. They have campus police of course, but they don't need the city police to keep an eye on the campus as well. 

The police state started with Nixon, but Reagan set it in stone. 

Last edited:
Obviously, there's some legitimacy to some of these arrests, but common sense should tell you that a great deal of racial profiling and victimization is happening. I refuse to believe that half of all black males are criminals. It's nonsensical.

Why are you already looking for excuses instead of accountability?

I'm bringing attention to the fact that 50% of black males at and below the age of 23 years old have been through the system and you think I am making excuses? GTHOOH!

Did I not state, explicitly, that: [COLOR=#red]"obviously, there's some legitimacy to some [fraction] of these arrests...."[/COLOR]

Is that not a reference to accountability? :rolleyes

But I guess you're just in a selectively reading mood, huh?...:rolleyes

If you honestly believe that folks who have been victimized solely on the basis of their skin color are to be held accountable for their victimization, then I really have nothing else to say to you. I could find better things to do with myself than carrying a back and forth with you.

I guess dudes don't know the hood is being patrolled more so than other areas...the school I work in is in a predominately black area, as is the case with most HBCUs, and we have another college in the city that is predominately white. 

How come the police can be found posted up in the parking lot across from our campus at times, but in the college across town outside in an area mostly white the police don't patrol nearly as much? But the same, if not more disturbances can be found at that college. But there is never a constant police presence near, or around that campus. They have campus police of course, but they don't need the city police to keep an eye on the campus as well. 

The police state started with Nixon, but Reagan set it in stone. 
Actually I think you have it the other way around. Ghetto's barrio's and favela's have little to no police presence which is why crime tends to be higher. Communities feel like they have to police themselves because they cannot trust or rely on local authority. 

The correlation between police presence and a decrease in crime is very high. Like you said more disturbances can be found at the college across town because that area is not policed as heavily.

So were some of the people just picked up off the street, arrested, tried, and jailed for no reason?

Actually I think you have it the other way around. Ghetto's barrio's and favela's have little to no police presence which is why crime tends to be higher. Communities feel like they have to police themselves because they cannot trust or rely on local authority. 

The correlation between police presence and a decrease in crime is very high. Like you said more disturbances can be found at the college across town because that area is not policed as heavily.
I don't agree.

Crimes have been down for years now, and the police presence is still strong, one crime does not necessarily require constant policing. 

There is no good that comes out racial profiling, and communities for years have voiced out against this form of oppression.

Law enforcement plays a bigger role in facilitating this type of behavior in the first place. Crooked cops are known to enter into communities for the sole purpose of harassment, and even with crimes moving out to the suburbs with the use of meth, there is still hardly the type of presence like you see in the inner cities as relates to crack cocaine, and even marijuana for that matter.  

Meth and crack are two drugs associated with two different races, but one of these drugs historically is the cause for so much demise to a people due in large part to the incarcerations resulting from the police state that Nixon and Reagan are responsible for. 

Then Clinton comes in and just...
mean.gif

The crack and meth analogy is just one example of the overall disparities, and racism within the system. 

I'm bringing attention to the fact that 50% of black males at and below the age of 23 years old have been through the system and you think I am making excuses? GTHOOH!

Did I not state, explicitly, that: [COLOR=#red]"obviously, there's some legitimacy to some [fraction] of these arrests...."[/COLOR]

If you honestly believe that folks who have been victimized solely on the basis of their skin color are to be held accountable for their victimization, then I really have nothing else to say to you. I could find better things to do with myself than carrying a back and forth with you.

View media item 740161

Never been jail, or arrested.

I've been doing it right, but then again I pretty much weasel my way out of stuff, I once convinced an officer I was an actor and doing method, so I was drinking in public to see how people would react. For some reason he left me off with a citation, which was dropped and told me to smarten up.

Lol, the feeling of joy you get after fooling someone, is infinitely powerful, I laughed to myself like a maniac right after.

Closest I've ever been to being behind bars.

EDIT- oooo i see it's one of those threads, damn and I posted a serious response...

Last edited:
Never been jail, or arrested.

I've been doing it right, but then again I pretty much weasel my way out of stuff, I once convinced an officer I was an actor and doing method, so I was drinking in public to see how people would react. For some reason he left me off with a citation, which was dropped and told me to smarten up.

Lol, the feeling of joy you get after fooling someone, is infinitely powerful, I laughed to myself like a maniac right after.

Closest I've ever been to being behind bars.

EDIT- oooo i see it's one of those threads, damn and I posted a serious response...

You're naive as hell to believe any sane person would believe a story that silly rather than just admiring the effort. I wonder if this how transparent people perceive the world, like we all believe their ********.

I'm lucky I've never been to prison. Arizona has a bunch of private prisons that require 100% occupancy. Nowadays they will throw you in prison for minor offenses :smh:

People of ALL COLORS get wrongly convicted all the time in this twisted court system, stop crying.

I clearly quoted your "refusal" to believe 50% of African American males being criminal. Last time I checked if you are convicted of a crime, you are a criminal. :wow:

Would it make you feel better if the article say at the bottom in small fine print "10% of African American males are wrongly convicted". I guess 40% is better than 50% :lol: :lol: cry baby

Last edited:
5 out of 10 wrongly/falsely convicted inmates are black though.

somebody do some number crunching.

So were some of the people just picked up off the street, arrested, tried, and jailed for no reason?

i would guess 75% of the country commit atleast 1 misdemeanor a month but yes minorities get the short end of the stick when it comes to the judicial system.

Last edited:
I can't afford to catch a charge. I almost did back in 10th grade (battery/assault), wake up call for me. When the AP said "We've got the Sheriff on the way" I felt my career go down the drain.

Going to jail these days is not looked at so bad like back in the days. Most of everyone i know been to jail white and black one way or the other.

I been to jail a few times probably like13 or 14 times but I never did any time and i still ended up working for Apple.

So no,going to jail is not a career killer.

Back
Top Bottom