Halladay to the Phillies...

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Mariners > Phils. Roy will not do what cliff lee did for the phillies last year

funny_star_faces_13.jpg

I don't know if Halladay will be that much better than Lee for the Phillies. The winner of this deal is definitely the Mariners.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I don't know if Halladay will be that much better than Lee for the Phillies. The winner of this deal is definitely the Mariners.

Exactly.

the biggest factor in this trade is Halladay is not a playoff pitchers.

Lee was lights out in the playoffs...Halladay is clueless in the playoffs, when it really matters.

Halladay is better than Lee though...

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Exactly.
Please are you serious? Cliff Lee is a very good pitcher but Halladay is a GREAT pitcher

ask any GM who they would rather have and it'd be unanimous

At least the Yankees don't have to deal with Halladay on a near two week basis.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

but who? ^

I think Jason Bay or Holliday would be a nice fit but do they make that move?

I don't know either if they'll go that route, but it sure seems like they're going all out this offseason.

Lee was lights out in the playoffs...Halladay is clueless in the playoffs, when it really matters.

What? How is Halladay "clueless" in the playoffs? What does that even mean?

Trade an ace to get an ace? What sense does that make... Halladay is probably a little better but Lee was a BEAST last year. How do you trade that?

I've heard Bay wants to sign there so I have to imagine if they go 5 years guaranteed he'll be they're starting LF. Which leaves me worried as aMets fan.

Halladay has never pitched in the postseason. What are you basing your statements on?

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Trade an ace to get an ace? What sense does that make... Halladay is probably a little better but Lee was a BEAST last year. How do you trade that?

it's well documented Lee won't sign an extension and plans to test the free agent market, Halladay wants to be in Philly and will sign the extension

Halladay>Lee...and I love Cliff Lee

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by bjm5295

it's well documented Lee won't sign an extension and plans to test the free agent market, Halladay wants to be in Philly and will sign the extension

Halladay>Lee...and I love Cliff Lee

yeah and like i said we have some other big name FA next year. Werth and Vic.

I love this trade for the M's. They need to get a big bat and they will be contending for sure.

I'm not sure what compelled the Phillies to do this trade except that Lee might not re-sign. They gave up plenty of prospects for Lee and probably Happ +___ + ____ for Halladay.

Should've tried to get both on the same team, then you can make the argument that the Phillies really improved.

At least Montero, Hughes and Chamberlain can sleep well tonight..

No way the Phils gave up more than 1 additional prospect with Lee (and it def won't be Happ). The bulk of the prospects are coming from Seattle sinceTor/Phi gave up aces.

Phillies have been a step ahead on moves the past few years, they want security.

Back
Top Bottom