Hamilton Play Writer set to debut "In Da Heights" movie in 2020

Basically the opposite of people who listen to kid Rock and Ted nugent. So its history buffs, angry black people and whoever the hell listens to Bruno Mars. Sounds like a party.
Why do black people that attend BLM protests got be angry?

It’s trash and I knew they were going to white wash my hood way before it came out. Lin Manuel Miranda is half Jew, he had a far different experience growing up in the heights than I or ninjahood did
Didn't know that.

Last edited:
The movie is prob what most Domicians visualize the heights to look like in their heads. I mean look at Sammy Sosa :lol:
0B12BF62-1285-4F61-ACCF-764E28E2FFBC.jpeg

It’s trash and I knew they were going to white wash my hood way before it came out. Lin Manuel Miranda is half Jew, he had a far different experience growing up in the heights than I or ninjahood did
What are Dominicans in your hood saying about the film?

Good old Niketalk "Jay-Z It's Trash" days are back lol. Disrespecting Hamilton, should be held for treason. Because you may not like something doesn't mean you cannot appreciate it and it's signifiance.

I grew up in the heights and attended the premiere in Washington Heights last week. Although musicals are my least favorite film genre, the movie was absolutely beautiful, fantastic music and many people in attendance that are immigrants and first generation cried through out the movie. I think the real stars were Corey Hawkins and Leslie Grace, they absolutely killed it and in my mind Dominican Leslie Grace's character is the lead actress, not the Mexican girl, who was the weakest actor. I'm not sure why Lin would cast someone with a telenovela background. I would have liked to see her replaced with Leslie Grace who is a stronger actress.

I did have an issue with the kids Anthony Ramos was telling the story to, not one of them looked like my niece or nephew in Santo Domingo, they all looked like Case De Campo Spaniards. Yes, Lin Manuel did grow up on my block of 162nd St with the endless drug sales, police brutality and murder if Kiko Garcia or have an NYPD helicopter land on your apartment building while watching Woody Woodpecker. I would have loved a tired same old City of God or The Wire story of Uptown in the 80s. Instead, we got a vibrant, fresh and upbeat take on a neighborhood that has survived.

The only other Dominican actor I could see in the lead would be Jharrel Jerome....if he can sing and dance.
image.jpeg

The film was a 9 put of 10 stars for me and for my 15 years old son 4 out of 5 salamis.

Last edited:
Good old Niketalk "Jay-Z It's Trash" days are back lol. Disrespecting Hamilton, should be held for treason. Because you may not like something doesn't mean you cannot appreciate it and it's signifiance.

I grew up in the heights and attended the premiere in Washington Heights last week. Although musicals are my least favorite film genre, the movie was absolutely beautiful, fantastic music and many people in attendance that are immigrants and first generation cried through out the movie. I think the real stars were Corey Hawkins and Leslie Grace, they absolutely killed it and in my mind Dominican Leslie Grace's character is the lead actress, not the Mexican girl, who was the weakest actor. I'm not sure why Lin would cast someone with a telenovela background. I would have liked to see her replaced with Leslie Grace who is a stronger actress.

I did have an issue with the kids Anthony Ramos was telling the story to, not one of them looked like my niece or nephew in Santo Domingo, they all looked like Case De Campo Spaniards. Yes, Lin Manuel did grow up on my block of 162nd St with the endless drug sales, police brutality and murder if Kiko Garcia or have an NYPD helicopter land on your apartment building while watching Woody Woodpecker. I would have loved a tired same old City of God or The Wire story of Uptown in the 80s. Instead, we got a vibrant, fresh and upbeat take on a neighborhood that has survived.

The only other Dominican actor I could see in the lead would be Jharrel Jerome....if he can sing and dance.
image.jpeg

The film was a 9 put of 10 stars for me and for my 15 years old son 4 out of 5 salamis.

Leslie Grace is bad as hell, met her in person years ago.

Back
Top Bottom