Happy Juneteenth My Kings and Queens

They'll find a way to commoditize any emancipatory movement and/or symbol.

As a thought experiment for the black people in this thread, I ask the following. If it ever comes to pass that black people enjoy full legal, social, political, and economic equality, would this kitschy ice cream and other vulgar commercializations of Juneteenth be seen as proof of now being a part of the mainstream American cultural fabric a la the cartoonish Saint Patrick's Day leprechauns are for Irish Americans OR will this just always be cringe given the history?

They'll find a way to commoditize any emancipatory movement and/or symbol.

As a thought experiment for the black people in this thread, I ask the following. If it ever comes to pass that black people enjoy full legal, social, political, and economic equality, would this kitschy ice cream and other vulgar commercializations of Juneteenth be seen as proof of now being a part of the mainstream American cultural fabric a la the cartoonish Saint Patrick's Day leprechauns are for Irish Americans OR will this just always be cringe given the history?

If we were to get full equality i would never give a damn about it again personally. This is a capitalist country & that's always gonna be the case.

289329739_10161755580131124_702690304076441555_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom