Has anyone else been using StockX?

I'm pretty OCD and I also don't like Stockx, but IMO I don't think that warrants a refund...Nike/Jordan quality is horrible and there's always stuff like that on pairs. I remember I bought 3 or 4 Royals and they all looked like that on the heel. The stitching stuff is also not that big of a deal, barely noticeable IMO.

Screw them, they rejected a pair of Kobe 6 I had because of a tiny glue blob that could of been knocked off with your finger nail. They called it a defect (really) and charged me $15.00. Screw them, that crease is much worse, tell them you want a 50% discount or else they go back!

Stockx is on point right now. Apparently they've opened up new authentication places. I sold a pair late Monday, mailed it out yesterday, was received, authenticated and paid out today. I live in Washington and sent to Portland Authentication Center. I've never had a transaction go that fast.

Yeah, I just re-read it, I totally sound like I work for them. Just to be clear I don't. I was just super surprised how quick the turnaround was. When I printed up the shipping label and saw it was getting sent to Portland instead of Arizona, I googled to see if they opened new authentication spots to be sure I wasn't being scammed.

Anyways, I know a lot of people complain about them and thought for once I'd shout them out for doing good.

I copped a Supreme north face from this years release and was on the fence about keeping it because I never go anywhere I can wear it. Since everything is still on lockdown only place I go is the gym and I'm not gonna wear a $500 jacket to the gym.

Long story short, I threw it up on StockX and it was sold. These *******s rejected the jacket bc of a "stain" and there's 0 chance I stained it bc it went from the box it was shipped to me in, into the closet, back into a box to ship to them. And I see the photo they send me and it looks like it's a tiny scuff from being shipped in the box. I'm annoyed AF

1611851687239.jpeg

Typically, I put the article of clothing in a plastic bag or cover it with some wrapping paper first before placing it in the shipping box to prevent stuff like that from happening. Sorry to hear about your experience

I copped a Supreme north face from this years release and was on the fence about keeping it because I never go anywhere I can wear it. Since everything is still on lockdown only place I go is the gym and I'm not gonna wear a $500 jacket to the gym.

Long story short, I threw it up on StockX and it was sold. These *******s rejected the jacket bc of a "stain" and there's 0 chance I stained it bc it went from the box it was shipped to me in, into the closet, back into a box to ship to them. And I see the photo they send me and it looks like it's a tiny scuff from being shipped in the box. I'm annoyed AF

1611851687239.jpeg
But these fools passed a pair of Huaraches for me awhile back with a giant ketchup stain on the mesh toe box. I literally cleaned it with a shout wipe and was still salty they passed it and ended up selling it back on StockX and passed no problem.

But these fools passed a pair of Huaraches for me awhile back with a giant ketchup stain on the mesh toe box. I literally cleaned it with a shout wipe and was still salty they passed it and ended up selling it back on StockX and passed no problem.

Thats what I'm saying. I've personally received sneakers with defects and I've seen people post photos of shoes they've gotten with trash Nike QC where there was a crease in the toe box or huge glue marks, black scuff marks on the midsole or upper, etc but you reject a minuscule mark that could be wiped off with a baby wipe? Be consistent. Either reject every minor issue or accept them all. Don't flip a coin

Thats what I'm saying. I've personally received sneakers with defects and I've seen people post photos of shoes they've gotten with trash Nike QC where there was a crease in the toe box or huge glue marks, black scuff marks on the midsole or upper, etc but you reject a minuscule mark that could be wiped off with a baby wipe? Be consistent. Either reject every minor issue or accept them all. Don't flip a coin
Like anything, if you hire someone that’s not passionate at what they do you will have problems. Most of those employees probably really don’t give a **** about sneakers or clothing, probably given a quota to pass or inspect a certain amount per day and are probably yapping with other employees as they are inspecting ****. And you know if there’s some decent looking females in there with them while they inspecting they not fully focused on the product :lol:

Like anything, if you hire someone that’s not passionate at what they do you will have problems. Most of those employees probably really don’t give a **** about sneakers or clothing, probably given a quota to pass or inspect a certain amount per day and are probably yapping with other employees as they are inspecting ****. And you know if there’s some decent looking females in there with them while they inspecting they not fully focused on the product :lol:

that's facts. It's also just a way for them to make extra bread. They charged me $15 return fee and then they're gonna refund the person their money with the expectation that person will just bid on that same jacket again.

They could've hit me and said "hey we found this tiny mark. Would you sell for $15 cheaper or just cancel the sale?" And I'd say **** it take the $15 off the sale. And if they contacted the buyer and said "yo there's a tiny mark we found. Would you want it for $15 off or return the sale?" Let the buyer decide.

They could've hit me and said "hey we found this tiny mark. Would you sell for $15 cheaper or just cancel the sale?" And I'd say **** it take the $15 off the sale. And if they contacted the buyer and said "yo there's a tiny mark we found. Would you want it for $15 off or return the sale?" Let the buyer decide.

yep, completely agree and Goat actually does this. They’ll give the seller the option to provide a discount and contact the buyer to see if they will accept it. Stockx is just too lazy to take this extra step.

Goat kinda ****ed me on a pair of mochas. The pair came without a lace bag and the extra laces just loose in the box. Gave me $25 credit without me even having to interact with anyone.
If I had to bet what they probably do is just flag a lot of the defective or condition issues internally if it’s minor enough and just send the orders out to customers anyway. If they complain then here’s x dollars.

All these notifications they’re pushing to the devices are so annoying. I was getting like 4 or 5 a day saying stuff like “want to make money? Get paid and start selling now”. I even have all those stupid toggles switched off in my preferences.

yep, completely agree and Goat actually does this. They’ll give the seller the option to provide a discount and contact the buyer to see if they will accept it. Stockx is just too lazy to take this extra step.
Na StockX does that. I've had them send me pictures of minor defects on pretty limited pairs and ask if I still wanted them.

I don’t know about this eBay thing. I ordered a pair of Jubilees from a lad in Massachusetts on the 24th and there just sitting in NY. They were supposed to arrive Monday but at 1:47 EST it said eBay was closed and it got picked up by them yesterday. It says delivery Feb 9th but I highly doubt it. I ordered XXXV dynasties Tuesday and they were already delivered and verified by stockx today. So XIs were orders 8 days sooner and XXXVs will be here first.

I don’t know about this eBay thing. I ordered a pair of Jubilees from a lad in Massachusetts on the 24th and there just sitting in NY. They were supposed to arrive Monday but at 1:47 EST it said eBay was closed and it got picked up by them yesterday. It says delivery Feb 9th but I highly doubt it. I ordered XXXV dynasties Tuesday and they were already delivered and verified by stockx today. So XIs were orders 8 days sooner and XXXVs will be here first.
Those lads in Massachusetts will get you every time

So what’s the general consensus on which platform to use for selling? I’m trying to thin out the collection and StockX seems decent for that, as long as they are DS or “look like” DS. Goat seems to be the option for the used sneakers. Would love your thoughts and my wife would too😂

So what’s the general consensus on which platform to use for selling? I’m trying to thin out the collection and StockX seems decent for that, as long as they are DS or “look like” DS. Goat seems to be the option for the used sneakers. Would love your thoughts and my wife would too😂
Stockx and GOAT are the same imo.

My lifetime sales on GOAT is $22,000 more than my lifetime sales on StockX and I started selling on GOAT after StockX. I have basically the same items listed on both platforms with the exception of a few low value used shoes on GOAT. So personally I prefer GOAT all the way for selling. YMMV

Only thing I give the edge to goat is they pay quicker, pretty much the day they get the shoes, but that 8% fee I have with stockX is to clutch
Yea if you're a heavy seller, the small differences can add up so one may work better than the other. If you're just offing a few pairs, I haven't seen a huge difference so I'll just use list on both and use the one that sells quickest.

I bought sneakers last night, I got emails today
saying they shipped out to them also and arrived for authentication same time. I’m confused 😂. Is that a drop off at a store?

Last edited:
I bought sneakers last night, I got emails today
saying they shipped out to them also and arrived for authentication same time. I’m confused 😂. Is that a drop off at a store?
That's what it sounds like. A few times I've dropped my GOAT sales at FC I wont "ship" until I'm at the drop off, so they would arrive for authentication at the same time.

That's what it sounds like. A few times I've dropped my GOAT sales at FC I wont "ship" until I'm at the drop off, so they would arrive for authentication at the same time.

It’s gonna take longer to get them then it took to be dropped off, verified and marked shipped 😆 . They were verified same day, label was created as well but still not picked up by UPS even today.

Back
Top Bottom